Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Funkenstein

Not CAF Geert Wilders
Exactly my thoughts, I don't think he'll recover anymore. And Falcao before the Monaco move was one of my favourite strikers of all time. Anyone who labels him with Negredo and Soldado didn't watch him enough at Atleti and Porto.
Atletico, Porto for a player in his late twenties, hardly any CL performances to show, Atletico and Colombia were more succesfull without him and his statistics appaerently are matched by players like Negredo and Soldado. Not really the profile of a world class striker is it?

I think he was a very good striker who deserved a chance to show he is world class, but still got to prove it. His performances so far suggest there's a reason he played all those years just below the world class. He had to raise his game a bit, and didn't so far.

all this talk of lack of service for him is moot because we've had strikers score goals with the same service or lack there of. RVN scored boat loads with shit around him for most of his time here. rooney , RVP and hernandez scored , welzb had chances as well.
Lot of talk about RVN here but I don't think he would qualifie as the modern world class striker. That type of striker is just too 'high maintenance', in the end Rooney, Scholes, Ronaldo and Giggs had to provide him with service, and then even Saha had to be added to provide some fluency and someone to hold up the ball upfront, which of course weakened the midfield. And for what? 25 goals a season including penalties and a majority of indecisive goals and goals against the bottom half. It's very difficult to win the PL or do well in the CL if you pay such a high price in service to make this one guy score, while the team needs about 50 goals from other players, and needs decisive goals against the big clubs. At least that would explain why the RVN years ended with poor stats of the really important kind: titles, cups and CL rounds.

The modern world class striker is technically better and doesn't waste posession a lot, provides service himself, doesn't just try to sneak away from his defender but holds the ball when challenged, doesn't need to be provided with sitters, combines poaching with hunting and scores about twenty goals that really count. Allthough technically quite all right, I'm afraid Falcao is too much a nineties striker, too dependant on 10 players working for his chances.

Redo91

He was OK yesterday as well. Held the ball up nicely and linked well with the other players. However I think we are making a mistake not putting Rooney up top. I think he will do a better job than Falcao is doing now in terms of output.
Does anyone here get the feeling that Mendes has us over a barrel regarding De Gea's contract and we keep playing Falcao to not upset him? I feel that if we knew for sure that Mendes is trying his best to take DDG away, we would drop Falcao to the bench and put Rooney in his place.
I've heard a few people saying this but I don't really get the logic tbh. De Gea is 24 years old. He isn't a kid. It's up to him whether he signs an extension or not. Mendes' job is to advise him but he can't force him to do anything he doesn't want to. Besides I don't think Mendes will want to screw us over because of Falcao. We have always had a good working relationship with him and I don't see why he would risk losing that over one player.

NK86

I've heard a few people saying this but I don't really get the logic tbh. De Gea is 24 years old. He isn't a kid. It's up to him whether he signs an extension or not. Mendes' job is to advise him but he can't force him to do anything he doesn't want to. Besides I don't think Mendes will want to screw us over because of Falcao. We have always had a good working relationship with him and I don't see why he would risk losing that over one player.
Does Bebe ring a bell? And I agree with your sentiment that DDG would be making his own choices but everyone listens to their agent to a certain extent.

Parma Dewol

Frustrating that he didn't get on the pitch yesterday. Would love to know what's happening in training, he must be failing to impress Van Gaal somehow or other.

Looked sharp against Leicester and, having scored, I thought he needed to play again to keep building his confidence and get some more goals. Cambridge seemed the perfect opportunity, so I was surprised to see him not feature at all. Starting to wonder if he's in Van Gaal's long-term plans.

jb8521

Frustrating that he didn't get on the pitch yesterday. Would love to know what's happening in training, he must be failing to impress Van Gaal somehow or other.

Looked sharp against Leicester and, having scored, I thought he needed to play again to keep building his confidence and get some more goals. Cambridge seemed the perfect opportunity, so I was surprised to see him not feature at all. Starting to wonder if he's in Van Gaal's long-term plans.
He was rested the same way Valencia, Shaw, Jones and Januzaj were it doesnt have to be a big deal every time he doesnt play especially when its for a game against a League 2 team

Parma Dewol

He was rested the same way Valencia, Shaw, Jones and Januzaj were it doesnt have to be a big deal every time he doesnt play especially when its for a game against a League 2 team
Do we really need to rest people for the one competition we have a realistic chance of winning?

I thought McNair came in for Valencia because he looked good against Leicester. Shaw was dropped after struggling to do much going forward. Jones could have been dropped for repeatedly going for the same header as his team mates. And I thought Januzaj picked up a knock so wasn't in the squad for the Cambridge game.

Fair enough if Falcao was rested. I just thought he's a player that needs goals under his belt, and Cambridge at home seemed the perfect opportunity to get a couple.

SirAF

Ageist
Do we really need to rest people for the one competition we have a realistic chance of winning?

I thought McNair came in for Valencia because he looked good against Leicester. Shaw was dropped after struggling to do much going forward. Jones could have been dropped for repeatedly going for the same header as his team mates. And I thought Januzaj picked up a knock so wasn't in the squad for the Cambridge game.

Fair enough if Falcao was rested. I just thought he's a player that needs goals under his belt, and Cambridge at home seemed the perfect opportunity to get a couple.
No chance.

jojose

When i saw the back 4 i thought it was slected as a dress rehersal for Sunday. With Rafa/Valencia and Shaw at full backs then i am sure West Ham will be working on Carrol peeling off the centre halves onto the full backs. I think we'll see that back 4, (jones may come in) on sunday.

As for Falcao, He played longer than RVP on saturday. The game plan of Fellaini up top meant one had to make way.

People read far too much into things

MDFC Manager

I was thinking to myself that the way we were setup yesterday (crosses from wide) was much better suited to Falcao than RvP. He'll probably start the next one though.

jojose

I was thinking to myself that the way we were setup yesterday (crosses from wide) was much better suited to Falcao than RvP. He'll probably start the next one though.
I agree with that........I think he would do really well feeding off Fellaini's scraps, plus mata's through balls, plus di maria. Yesterday's line up was absolutley ideal for Falcao.

jb8521

Falcao played 90 minutes against Cambridge and QPR and 80 against Leicester so him not playing last night doesnt mean he hasnt impressed or that theres any bigger issue. Valencia has a problem with his hamstring which has been managed all season so he should be given a rest any chance we can get. Jones has played 90 minutes in 9 of the last 10 games so Smalling and Evans were given an opportunity to get some minutes after coming back from injury. Shaw and Januzaj both had cramp at the end of the Leicester game so were never likely to play today. These are all players who have been out with injury or illness at some stage of this season. People complain about all the injuries weve had this season and how its been poorly managed and then claim they've been dropped or try to look for bigger reasons when the manager takes the opportunity to give them a rest or give other players an opportunity to return from injury its ridiculous

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Falcao played 90 minutes against Cambridge and QPR and 80 against Leicester so him not playing last night doesnt mean he hasnt impressed or that theres any bigger issue. Valencia has a problem with his hamstring which has been managed all season so he should be given a rest any chance we can get. Jones has played 90 minutes in 9 of the last 10 games so Smalling and Evans were given an opportunity to get some minutes after coming back from injury. Shaw and Januzaj both had cramp at the end of the Leicester game so were never likely to play today. These are all players who have been out with injury or illness at some stage of this season. People complain about all the injuries weve had this season and how its been poorly managed and then claim they've been dropped or try to look for bigger reasons when the manager takes the opportunity to give them a rest or give other players an opportunity to return from injury its ridiculous
Very good post that.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
His wages would be better spent on a top player actually at their peak.

I wouldn't buy him for £20m.

Sam

He can honestly barely walk. That chance where Di Maria played the ball ahead of him, you just knew nothing was going to come of it.

Ringo 07

Fellaini has to come for Falcao. I'd say LVG's mind is already made up regarding Falcao.
Mata, Herrera, Januzaj and Falcao all need to be shipped out over the summer

NinjaFletch

I don't think I've ever seen a supposedly world class player with such appalling technical ability.

Physically he looks ok, but everytime he gets the ball he just fecks it up.

thejtrain

Poor man's Tevez. Just give up, flog him off to where he wants and play Wilson in there for the rest of the season.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
He's atrocious. How he still is getting time ahead of some of our other options on the bench is beyond me.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
We just need to cut our losses and stop forcing him. He's not very good anymore, he doesn't suit us, we have better strikers and midfielders that he's forcing out of the team.

I wouldn't take him on a free even as just having him is more of a problem

El Zoido

He still looks really slow and off the pace. He's struggling with the tempo of the league.

Roboc7

Cannot understand why we keep playing him, shouldn't be interested in signing him no matter what the price is and he offers nothing.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I think its safe to say he will not be signed now

So it would be for the best if he wasnt picked in the harder games like today

Please make me eat my words

Robbie Boy

I remember watching him at Atletico and he was unplayable at times, he was genuinely a class act. His injury has left him a shadow of that player. I'm losing confidence that he will get back to anywhere near that level.

Status
Not open for further replies.