Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Funkenstein

Not CAF Geert Wilders
Maybe I have too many memories of his game vs us and general Atletico goals. I always had him down as a world class striker though, and stand by that sentiment of his Porto and Atletico days.
World class strikers don't play for Porto and Atletico. He often made the impression that he could become a world class striker, but for that he would need be consistently solid in his touches and finishing.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Maybe I have too many memories of his game vs us and general Atletico goals. I always had him down as a world class striker though, and stand by that sentiment of his Porto and Atletico days.
He definitely was a world class striker, I can't understand how poor his finishing has been though. Even if his legs have gone I'd still expect him to bury his chances as it usually comes naturally. There are some games where he'll literally get no service but I'm just not confident he'll score if he's played through. He was obviously nervous to impress early on but it isn't an excuse for every game.

Earlier on in the season I was worried that we'd let him go and he'd bang the goals in for another English club, but to be honest I hope one of them pays his buyout because he's completely finished.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
World class strikers don't play for Porto and Atletico. He often made the impression that he could become a world class striker, but for that he would need be consistently solid in his touches and finishing.
That's just a ridiculous argument. First of all because it would mean Diego Costa wssn't world class until this season (so why did Chelsea sign him?) but also because if you're judging players purely by who they play for, Falcao is currently playing for Manchester United. So that means he definitely is world class, right?

Roboc7

Hopefully he won’t start tonight but the manager does seem intent on pairing him with RVP and given the opposition I imagine it is pretty much guaranteed he willt.

I don’t think it is fair to dismiss what he did in the past and to undermine what a good player he was but the simple fact is he isn’t even half the player he was. His touch was never great and his strength isn’t as big an asset or as noticeable in the Premier League as it was at his previous clubs, add that to the loss of pace, the fact he can never seem to get his feet sorted when he needs to adjust quickly and his poor finishing and what you are left with is a very ordinary player with big wages and a big reputation. I admire his effort but when that is the best thing you can say about a player like him it says everything.

There are two huge errors we need to avoid this summer if we are going to start moving forward, the first would be sacking the manager and being under prepared for the transfer window (if he is replaced we would need someone straight away who doesn’t need time to assess) and the second is signing Falcao. Whether the price is £10m, £20m or £40m we need to steer clear and there shouldn’t even be a discussion about whether we sign him or not.

Last edited:

SirAF

Ageist
Hopefully he won’t start tonight but the manager does seem intent on pairing him with RVP and given the opposition I imagine it is pretty much guaranteed he willt.

I don’t think it is fair to dismiss what he did in the past and to undermine what a good player he was but the simple fact is he isn’t even half the player he was. His touch was never great and his strength isn’t as big an asset or as noticeable in the Premier League as it was at his previous clubs, add that to the loss of pace, the fact he can never seem to get his feet sorted when he needs to adjust quickly and his poor finishing and what you are left with is a very ordinary player with big wages and a big reputation. I admire his effort but when that is the best thing you can say about a player like him it says everything.

There are two huge errors we need to avoid this summer if we are going to start making forward, the first would be sacking the manager and being under prepared for the transfer window (if he is replaced we would need someone straight away who doesn’t need time to assess) and the second is signing Falcao. Whether the price is £10m, £20m or £40m we need to steer clear and there shouldn’t even be a discussion about whether we sign him or not.
Totally agree.

bishblaize

Why exactly can't a player in Spain be considered a world class talent?

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
So Torres, Forlan, Aguero, Falcao, Costa - never world class? OK.

Some people really do get caught up in the self-hype of the Premier League.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
Why exactly can't a player in Spain be considered a world class talent?
It's probably the same daft logic that means a Tottenham player can't be good enough for United.
Like Modric wasn't for ages... And Bale...

mumbai_red

Another big chance tonight, I don't know if its worth it any more. Its costing the team, especially when you have RvP as his partner.

ottosec

Good management from LVG to start him again. Hopefully he will have a good game.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
If he scores tonight he beats Shevchenko's rotten record of 4 in 30 in the league. Not that it's any consolation or anything... He literally has to improve every aspect of his game between now and the end of the season and score in most of them to have a chance of staying I reckon.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
It's gotta be something to do with Mendes.

Literally the only reason I can see that he keeps playing is so Mendes doesn't get pissed off and take De Gea to Madrid.

Doesn't explain why Van Persie keeps playing as well though. Perhaps that's Woodward and the rest of the board because he's on over £200k a week.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Sold his touch to the devil, or something.

ottosec

Laughable that a player who was considered by most people one of the best strikers out there can't even control simple balls.

penalty snot

Be fair though, he's fighting for scraps every game along side a partner that is ridiculously selfish and trying to save his own career.

He's trying way too fecking hard every every game because he knows he's on last legs here.

Any other club with good service to the front line and he's scoring.

Feel sorry for the bloke to be honest

JUPITER

It's gotta be something to do with Mendes.

Literally the only reason I can see that he keeps playing is so Mendes doesn't get pissed off and take De Gea to Madrid.

Doesn't explain why Van Persie keeps playing as well though. Perhaps that's Woodward and the rest of the board because he's on over £200k a week.
I agree with this. How is this guy starting games for us? He's awful.

Rooney sitting in DM meanwhile. It's surreal!

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
It was worth a go with the loan - try to get the man who has one of the best strike rates in Europe back to his best.

It's not worked out, it shows no signs of working out and Mendes can advertise him elsewhere and make some money. Can we just stop with this two paceless striker rubbish now?

snk123

Cringeworthy performance so far. Worst hold-up play i've ever seen. Hopefully he improves or is subbed in the next half.

bishblaize

Well, never good to post at half time really. Emotions high and all that. But that was amongst the worst first half performances Iv seen by a United player in recent seasons.

Woodenlung

He's played awfully. Non existent first touch and muscled off the ball so easily. Yet he's still playing better than Van Persie who looks like he couldn't give a shit,

Status
Not open for further replies.