5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ravi2

Lets buy Berbatov back from Monaco for £60m and play him and RvP up top together, Falcao can slot in behind them as a number 10 with Rooney in CM partnered by ADM.

Get Shevchenko out of retirement and play him and Fellaini on the wings.

Shove whoever's fit into the back 4. Sell DDG for peanuts to Real Madrid and play our manager's old mate Valdes in goal.

#Philosophy

You create some very odd posts.

JUPITER

Didn't you know that waffling absolute bollocks and then saying "Philosophy" is funny?
That's right, Pexbo. Talking about football on the internet is a serious business.

Unless one of your cyber buddies cracks a joke, then the green smilies flow, but if it's some other Man Utd fan on the same Man Utd forum as you, then NO, the arms stay folded and the serious business of talking about football mustn't be breached.

You create some very odd posts.
It's odd world, my friend, an odd world. Made all the more surreal by this seasons 'Philosophy'.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
For me there's been a real lack of logic in our transfers for almost 10 years
You'd think we were pish in the last decade the way you speak Jupiter try supporting any the other clubs in England who have had much less success in this decade.

JUPITER

You'd think we were pish in the last decade the way you speak Jupiter try supporting any the other clubs in England who have had much less success in this decade.
Why would critiquing the exec side of the club that I love mean that I should "try supporting any the other clubs in England who have had much less success in this decade"?

I've supported United since I was about 6 (1986), and I remember all those years well, mate. I'm free to respectfully critique what I feel could be better about the club, and any opinion that I feel or type I'll explain to you if you don't agree with it or understand what I'm saying. Maybe you can offer me your take on my thoughts and give me something to muse upon. But the whole, 'go and support someone else' nonsense is silly, mate.

For almost 10 years there has been a real lack of logic our transfer dealings.

There's been a continual refusal to deal with crucial parts of our squad, this is costing us right now.

Top, top talent we've missed out on because Fergie begrudged paying agents what they were asking for, yet, at the same time we'd get drawn into dodgy, agent appeasing dealings like the embarrassing Bebé transfer that cost us more than the 6m Hazard's agent wanted, so he goes to a direct rival, and they're sat at the top of the league right now.

We failed to properly and immediately reinvest the Ronaldo money and sacrificed the quality of our football by signing mid-table players. Again, this is costing us right now.

This football we're watching is actually dire for Manchester United and it has been for ages, since before Fergie retired in fact.

So you've got 3 managers, all very different, all churning out boring, below par (for Utd) football, while the same issues in the team continue to be ignored in the transfer windows that've gone by. And that, my man, is why I critique our transfer dealings quite heavily.

It's not how much we're spending, it's what we're spending it on.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
So you've got 3 managers, all very different, all churning out boring, below par (for Utd) football, while the same issues in the team continue to be ignored in the transfer windows that've gone by. And that, my man, is why I critique our transfer dealings quite heavily.

It's not how much we're spending, it's what we're spending it on.[/QUOTE]

Feck me Jupiter your fired up this morning! I've long supported United as well and for the record I wasn't implying you to go support someone new, I was meaning try supporting our rivals as the last 10 years success wise for Arsenal Liverpool City Chelsea have been sparse in comparison to Unitedin various degrees. We have been well and truely spoiled and now we are suffering because we are adapting to new managers. I'm not overly happy with what is happening right now but it takes time so that's what we need to do with LVG. We had a disastrous season after Fergie left and Moyes took the brunt (players needed to look at themselves imho) no way should we slipped to 7th from 1st. The club tried to redress that in January breaking our transfer record then in the summer splashed the cash big time again (recruiting good players from what I see) All but Falcao look like they will be successful here. This summer I'd like us to condense the approach to maybe 3 players and keep them quality we are not far off Chelsea City but a million miles of Barca Madrid and Bayern.

Mali_Zeus

Lets buy Berbatov back from Monaco for £60m and play him and RvP up top together, Falcao can slot in behind them as a number 10 with Rooney in CM partnered by ADM.

Get Shevchenko out of retirement and play him and Fellaini on the wings.

Shove whoever's fit into the back 4. Sell DDG for peanuts to Real Madrid and play our manager's old mate Valdes in goal.

#Philosophy
:lol:
Funny, I nearly fell of my chair laughing.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Yep, that's a good post.

The entire "value for money" strategy adopted by SAF has a huge impact today still.

SAF was a genius who had the formula, know how and experience to win the EPL with his eyes closed, but that relative poor transfer windows from 2009/2010 onwards is costing us.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
That's right, Pexbo. Talking about football on the internet is a serious business.

Unless one of your cyber buddies cracks a joke, then the green smilies flow, but if it's some other Man Utd fan on the same Man Utd forum as you, then NO, the arms stay folded and the serious business of talking about football mustn't be breached.

It's odd world, my friend, an odd world. Made all the more surreal by this seasons 'Philosophy'.
Oh sorry man I didn't mean to offend. It was actually a really funny joke and deserved more green smilies if I'm honest. Try using it a few more times before it gets old.

ravi2

Why would critiquing the exec side of the club that I love mean that I should "try supporting any the other clubs in England who have had much less success in this decade"?

I've supported United since I was about 6 (1986), and I remember all those years well, mate. I'm free to respectfully critique what I feel could be better about the club, and any opinion that I feel or type I'll explain to you if you don't agree with it or understand what I'm saying. Maybe you can offer me your take on my thoughts and give me something to muse upon. But the whole, 'go and support someone else' nonsense is silly, mate.

There's been a continual refusal to deal with crucial parts of our squad, this is costing us right now.

Top, top talent we've missed out on because Fergie begrudged paying agents what they were asking for, yet, at the same time we'd get drawn into dodgy, agent appeasing dealings like the embarrassing Bebé transfer that cost us more than the 6m Hazard's agent wanted, so he goes to a direct rival, and they're sat at the top of the league right now.

We failed to properly and immediately reinvest the Ronaldo money and sacrificed the quality of our football by signing mid-table players. Again, this is costing us right now.

This football we're watching is actually dire for Manchester United and it has been for ages, since before Fergie retired in fact.

Its hard to find fault with this post.... you make some solid points.
I have stated after SAF left that we needed a DOF and that still stands today.

Last edited:

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.

I agree with a big part of your analysis, and we can all say that in terms of transfer, the club has been quite poor during Fergie’s last years, avoiding to fix the issue where it was the most needed. But we had Fergie as our main star, and the fact is that this guy was enough to win a League with Cleverley and Welbeck as regular starter.

I mean that it’s true that we should have sign a top midfielder since Keano left, and one other even before Scholesy left. I can remember than we try once to get Michael Essien from Lyon, and Mahamadou Diarra (left for Madrid) the year after, the eternal Sneijder, Hazard, Modric, Benzema, Robben… He missed a lot of players, but he get a lot also. Whether he didn’t wanted to overpay them is true but he was wrong, and in this manner he was alright because he managed to get a very strong team anyway.

I agree with you in the sense that the transfer policy didn’t helped the after Fergie, but you can say that this year, we added some very talented footballers in the middle in Blind, Herrera, Di Maria and Mata….

Two years ago we played with Valencia Anderson Cleverley and Young. So I think that the transfer policy is changing and we’re trying to overcome our deficit slowly.

We failed to replace Ronaldo its true; we failed to replace Rio, Vidic, Evra, Scholesy, Giggsy… But I just want us to take time to rebuild and have new leaders now. I really hope that Ronaldo can be replaced by someone like Reus or Bale next year, Rio and Vidic by great defenders, Di Maria and Mata are top talent, just like Herrera.

As long as we’ll find a true balance in the team, and get rid of the bad players, I’m sure that in terms of quality we’ll reach the likes of Chelsea

Robbie Boy

Maybe before United but he's been bullied all season, especially by the lower clubs.
Yes of course before United. He was a beast at Porto and Atletico; never watched him at Monaco. He's a shadow of that player. We need to sever our ties with him this summer.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
Young just delivered the sort of ball the Falcao I knew would try to reach for and very possibly score yet he was nowhere near it. He was always one step ahead of defenders and even his "assisters". Poor movement, he's at an incredible low, I truly hope he comes back to near his best one day.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
An overreaction singling him out. Rooney hasn't been better. Rooney's form has been poor for a while.

badkins

Young just delivered the sort of ball the Falcao I knew would try to reach for and very possibly score yet he was nowhere near it. He was always one step ahead of defenders and even his "assisters". Poor movement, he's at an incredible low, I truly hope he comes back to near his best one day.
First thing I thought "where the feck was Falcao?" His job in this moment was simply to "be there" - still too much.

WyoManU

Falcao has had all the service you could ever want and he just stands there. Not sure why he is playing. Awful. Take him off. Play Rooney as sole striker with Mata in behind. FFS>

Robbie Boy

An overreaction singling him out. Rooney hasn't been better. Rooney's form has been poor for a while.
Surely he's not being singled out? This is the Falcao thread and people are rightly pointing out that he has been awful. I'm sure the likes of Rooney and Di Maria wil get the same treatment.

Deleted member 78215

Just can't see the benefit of playing him today. Real slap in the face for Mata..

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Surely he's not being singled out? This is the Falcao thread and people are rightly pointing out that he has been awful. I'm sure the likes of Rooney and Di Maria wil get the same treatment.
His thread has been updated. Rooney's hasn't. It's also a clear difference between the two in the match day thread.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
I don't know why he drops deep to look for the ball when he can't do sweet fanny all with it anyways. He should be in the box waiting for half a chance. He really should have been on the end of Young's low drive across goal (not the one that hit the crossbar off o'Shea), his positioning is just odd.

Robbie Boy

His thread has been updated. Rooney's hasn't. It's also a clear difference between the two in the match day thread.
I wouldn't pay that much attention to the match day thread, to be fair. Di Maria's thread is also bumped. Falcao has been dire but yeah he's certainly not the only one.

Status
Not open for further replies.