5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

kps88

Serious question - what could cause a player to fall over so much? I thought he did alright yesterday but he still fell over a couple of times, as has been the norm all season. My guess would be his legs aren't as quick as they used to be and he's not yet come to terms with that.

Utd7

Serious question - what could cause a player to fall over so much? I thought he did alright yesterday but he still fell over a couple of times, as has been the norm all season. My guess would be his legs aren't as quick as they used to be and he's not yet come to terms with that.
My guess is that as a result of his injury, he was unable to do lower body workouts for quite some time. On the contrary he was able to do upper body workouts hence why Falcao looks yoked up. Now he's recovered so he should be able to strengthen his lower body via workouts.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Oh shut up. Everyone was slipping yesterday. De Gea slipped. Ward slipped. Jones slipped. Evans slipped. Smalling slipped.

Points more to the pitch than Falcao not being able to do lower body workouts. Some of you spout some shite.

Does anyone know why Falcao blinks so much? It's obviously hindering his ability to see properly.

darioterios

I would have agreed with you if it were only Falcao, but our lack of creative midfielders has also affected RVP and even Rooney when he played up front.
Three proven goalscorers could not all have become "shit" in the same season. There must be some other mitigating factor.
Do we lack those creative midfielders?

markhrad

Do we lack those creative midfielders?
How many through passes have you seen from mata and Herrera? How much central interplay with our strikers? How much turning and facing our opponents' goal do you see from them? They don't even dribble pass defenders thus opening spaces for our strikers. Back and side passes is not creativity.

stu_1992

Yeah he wasn't too bad for it yesterday, but in general throughout this season it has been quite annoying. It got to point where in some scenarios I just expect him to fall over.

darioterios

How many through passes have you seen from mata and Herrera? How much central interplay with our strikers? How much turning and facing our opponents' goal do you see from them? They don't even dribble pass defenders thus opening spaces for our strikers. Back and side passes is not creativity.
I think during our good run of form, LvG has focused on exploiting the interchanging on the flanks and half space more than centrally thru the strikers. Mata is not a dribbler and Herrera I don't think is allowed to do so

markhrad

Just watching the Chelsea Vs pool game. Hoping for even a draw. Anyway it is clear that of all the teams in the top 4 we have the least skillful midfielders.
There is no way that we can challenge teams like, Bayern, Real or Barca with our current midfield, however, if RVP and Falcao return to there former glory, assisted by a creative midfield, then we can compete.

markhrad

I think during our good run of form, LvG has focused on exploiting the interchanging on the flanks and half space more than centrally thru the strikers. Mata is not a dribbler and Herrera I don't think is allowed to do so
If what you say is indeed true the how can you expect our central strikers to shine. I am sure next season we will have different CMs but I am not sure about strikers.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Falcao's mum backs son to shine

Radamel Falcao's mother believes "bigger and better things" await her son next season and she is confident the striker will rediscover his goal-scoring touch.

The Colombia international has disappointed for Manchester United this season, scoring just four goals in 28 appearances after joining on loan from Monaco on September 1.

Now Falcao's mother Carmenza Zarate has admitted it has been a difficult time for her son and hinted his future could lie away from Old Trafford as he looks to resurrect his career.

She told Colombian newspaper El Espectador: "Not everything has been easy in Falcao's life. He has had some difficult moments in his career.

"They slowed his progress and prevented him from participating in important competitions like the World Cup, or have confined him to the bench, like in Manchester.

"I often remind him that after a test or a difficulty, blessings arrive. We hope for bigger and better things. God hasn't abandoned us and my son will become again what he has been, a goalscorer.

"Even if he's unhappy not to be in the starting XI, he has to accept the coach's decisions. It's not a normal situation given what he has experienced in his career, but it happens in football.

"If God shows him a new path, he'll leave Manchester; if not, he'll stay."

Despite her son's problems, Zarate refused to blame Van Gaal and his management style, insisting his treatment of other big-name players suggests he has nothing personal against the 29-year-old.

She said: "I believe what he (Van Gaal) does with Falcao is not personal because the same thing happens with Angel Di Maria and Robin Van Persie. It's his way of working, and you have to respect that.

"He (Falcao) has to prove results for the Manchester United executives, and we will see how he achieves that."

Falcao made his debut for United as a substitute in a 4-0 league victory over QPR on September 14 and started for the first time in the 5-3 defeat at Leicester a week later, opening his goalscoring account in a 2-1 win against Everton on October 5.
http://www.teamtalk.com/manchester-...alcao-s-mother-hopes-son-can-shine-at-Man-Utd

Still a better punditry input than Jamie Redknapp, I suppose.

kps88

That's one of the most sensible interviews I've ever read with a footballer's family member.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
God hasn't abandoned us and my son will become again what he has been, a goalscorer.
God isn't looking after his goal scoring record and he's dropped a bollock in Nepal too. What's he doing up there?

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
God must be really busy these days looking after footballers careers... no wonder there is so much misery in the world, the big guy obviously has his hands full.

Sam

Why in god's name is he getting another start tomorrow?

At this stage, what is the actual point?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
when you remember the excitement before his home debut v QPR, it's such a shame seeing him starting for the last home game is such an underwhelming thing.

Football is a funny old game for sure, but am really hoping Van Gaal doesn't spring a surprise on us regarding him. Even a lengthened loan would seem odd, but a permanent signing would be baffling.

ChaddyP

rather we played Wilson. Arsenal will no doubt play a high line and a target man will be useless against per. Better to have some speed in behind.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I really hope he scores tomorrow and gets a good send off from the OT faithful. We won't be signing him, and he is of course useless, but it would still be nice.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I've got almost the same chance of scoring tomorrow, as he has...and I'm not even a registered Man Utd player.
:lol:
This is true. I've never faulted his effort though. Falcao will leave United with more of my respect than Anderson, for instance.

markhrad

Its easy to make fun of someone when they are down but I suspect Falcao will have the last laugh. Our present style of football does not cater for skillful ball to feet strikers, give him he right midfield set up and he will once again shine. I hope it will be with us but I know most would rather have Mata and Rooney as our major players thus ensuring us fighting for a CL place next season and of course not winning anything.
Falcao would shine in an Arsenal set up never mind Barca, Real and Bayern.

Status
Not open for further replies.