5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moriarty

Did all right today. Made some useful runs and dragged defenders with him. No service to speak of but he was always a willing outlet.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
No, think you need specsavers mate
He did no more or less than many of his other cameo performances, but normally he gets slated on here. Apparently everyone is just in a better mood after a win, but his performance was no better.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
An open mind and preconceived opinions? You're ranting on like he scored a hattrick and I'm still insisting the world is flat! It was another brutal performance in a long list of the same from a man who makes multiple hundreds of thousands of pounds a week to score goals.

It's amazing how Young managed to find Blind and Fellaini in the box but was so incapable of finding the magnificently positioned Falcao!!!

You're making up arguments to fit your ranting now. If I had said he was playing well you'd be on here screeching about how bad he was. It's flattering I supposed in a way, but doubt my patience for your nonsense will last too long.
No I'm not, i'm capable of judging a performance as something other than amazing or dogshit, there's quite a large patch in the middle you know? Obviously not, you've either got a seriously bad case of bipolar or you're a bit of tool, I'm going for the later. Have a look at this thread and you'll see plenty of people 'ranting' the same as me.

RonaldoVII

I think he did as well as could be expected given that we barely touched the ball at all in the final 3rd. He put himself about when called upon defensively too.

JoaquinJoaquin

He did no more or less than many of his other cameo performances, but normally he gets slated on here. Apparently everyone is just in a better mood after a win, but his performance was no better.
Will have to agree to disagree then because I thought he done as well as could be really. He has been a fail here but some of the slating on here is absolutely ridiculous. He can't be faulted for anything today yet people will always find a way.

SirAF

Ageist
Will have to agree to disagree then because I thought he done as well as could be really. He has been a fail here but some of the slating on here is absolutely ridiculous. He can't be faulted for anything today yet people will always find a way.
Completely agreed. I'm not a fan, but he wasn't poor today.

markhrad

Players seem to think twice before playing the ball into his feet.

That's not a good sign.
Its been like that from the beginning. That interplay cameo in and around the box, that he was involved in leading towards Fellaini's goal, was what I have been dying to see all season. Falcao made that happen and if we had more skillful/ creative midfielders I am sure he would have performed much better this season. My dream for next season is Falcao and RVp alternating on top, a creative attacking midfielder with DiMaria and Depay/ Nani on the wings. Then having DiMaria, Depay/ Nani and the creative midfielder constantly interchanging and linking up with our No9.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I agree that the criticism has been over the top at times. Especially when all of our strikers have struggled through the season in this system. However he was obviously less effective than Rooney pre-injury in the first half, which completely undermines that argument in this particular game. In games like this where we're being put under consistent pressure, his complete inability to be able to hold up the ball is a real problem.

El Zoido

Absolutely. I'm coming across as a proper Falcao fanboy now. To be honest I never really cared either way, but after the ridiculous amount of criticism he's received I can't help but want to defend him. I wouldn't say his performances have been great, but nobody except De Gea has performed consistently well this season. Our best outfield player has probably been Young, and even he's been hit and miss. And even in good performances his crossing has been dire, even if he does get one in fifteen right. Just how Hernandez has been labelled as crap by United fans, he goes to Real and (when he plays) he scores. It's always the players' fault, never the club, isn't it? It couldn't be that we're just not setting Falcao up.

204Red

Never mind the fact that he offers next to Nothing in the final 3rd... some of his "defending" today was highly questionable... he got in the way of actual defenders and got very lucky with a couple of fouls which on other days would not have been called.

Lets call time on this failed experiment... as 3rd choice striker, I really can't see what having having him over Wilson or Young or DiMaria or Fellaini up front really offers

RetroStu

It will be annoying if we have spent a season playing him into some form and fitness, for some other club next season.

diarm

No I'm not, i'm capable of judging a performance as something other than amazing or dogshit, there's quite a large patch in the middle you know? Obviously not, you've either got a seriously bad case of bipolar or you're a bit of tool, I'm going for the later. Have a look at this thread and you'll see plenty of people 'ranting' the same as me.
You highlighted some text there and then replied to something else entirely. It was very confusing.
You also can't refer to someone having a "seriously case of bipolar". Grammatically speaking that is.

When I look around this thread, and many others, what I see is you fighting with people. Consistently.
Almost all of your posts reply with a sarcastic question or a narky comment.

Might I suggest you tone it down a notch or two and keep your petty arguments for the playground?

As for your "point", the patch in the middle of "amazing" and "dogshit" is considerably smaller when you are rewarded with hundreds of thousands of pounds a week for scoring goals in football matches. I can't stress this enough, he has one job. He didn't even look like doing it today. At any stage.

Any of the very few players in world football who make money comparable to him, have the ability to make and score goals for themselves, regardless of how their teammates are playing. I'm not even asking him to do that. I just want to see him make an intelligent run. The sort I would expect from a professional striker playing in the Championship.

Mojo_

its more fun being a feeder
The man who can do no right. Failed to score a 40 yarder for the 20th consecutive game.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
He wasn't as bad as usual. That's about it. If a decent striker had played like that you'd say they had an off game.

Kag

He was good today. Held the ball up better than usual, got into some great positions that were ignored by Young more than once and played a lovely ball into Herrera right at the death. Fair play to him.

Boycott

Good play actually.

Find it strange that only Fellaini looks up to pass to him though. Young missed some opportunities from crosses to find him.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
What? Most of his shots actually came in the first half out of nothing.
No they didn't. I distinctly remember Young crossing one towards him and van Persie shooting wide with his left foot. I also remember him taking a free kick, which was on target and the long range shot in the second half, from nothing.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
You highlighted some text there and then replied to something else entirely. It was very confusing.
You also can't refer to someone having a "seriously case of bipolar". Grammatically speaking that is.

When I look around this thread, and many others, what I see is you fighting with people. Consistently.
Almost all of your posts reply with a sarcastic question or a narky comment.

Might I suggest you tone it down a notch or two and keep your petty arguments for the playground?

As for your "point", the patch in the middle of "amazing" and "dogshit" is considerably smaller when you are rewarded with hundreds of thousands of pounds a week for scoring goals in football matches. I can't stress this enough, he has one job. He didn't even look like doing it today. At any stage.

Any of the very few players in world football who make money comparable to him, have the ability to make and score goals for themselves, regardless of how their teammates are playing. I'm not even asking him to do that. I just want to see him make an intelligent run. The sort I would expect from a professional striker playing in the Championship.
No I really haven't. You've described it as a brutal performance and my first sentence was about forming an opinion that isn't extreme, how have you not understood that?

Again I'm in danger of sounding like a Falcao sympathiser, for the record I don't feel like he's good enough for the club but I take issue with people who think its big and clever to spout the same bullshit regardless of what's happening in the game. He played well, nothing amazing but it certainly wasnt a 'brutal performance, I can only assume that choice of words was for dramatic effect. It's the one track thinking my better half expects from her reception class.

Classy move, call someone petty and pull them up on their grammar all in the same post. Top marks.

Ah I see, so really it seems like its you who has been stalking me, still no idea who you are by the way but its nice to be noticed.

Last edited:

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I completely disagree. He had two "key passes" which was the second most on the pitch, whereas the last time he played a half of football - Everton - he had 0. In 90 mins against Chelsea he had one. That's not just some pointless stat either, they were genuine chances created and with a bit of luck Herrera would've scored from a slick one-two and Young would've scored from a 1-on-1 and Falcao would've killed off the game with two assists with incisive counter-attacking play. Both were almost perfect passes from Falcao and the kind of thing we've rarely seen from him. So he contributed more positively than he generally does which is why he's being praised by some on here.

More importantly his negative contributions were far fewer. His biggest criticism this season has been how easily he loses the ball and there's justification for that - according to the stats he loses the ball more than anyone else in the team, mainly driven by him miscontrolling the ball. It's confirmed by the stats and we all know exactly what these stats are pointing to - the ridiculous amount of times he's received the ball with his back to goal and it's bounced off him or he's just fallen over. Today he wasn't dispossessed once and had just 1 unsuccessful touch. Against Everton he was dispossessed 3 times and had 5 unsuccessful touches; in other words he lost the ball more than anyone else on the pitch last time out, whereas today he was no worse than anyone else.

You can brush that off as irrelevant stats telling being moulded to fit a narrative but that's plainly not the case. Put simply he loses the ball a shitload of times in almost every game he plays these days and contributes very little when he actually manages to bring it under control. Today that clearly wasn't the case. It's got nothing to do with emotions after the game.

the hea

He did alright today but in my opinion every minute Falcao is on the pitch is a missed minute of playing time for Wilson. Why LVG is playing a player who is clearly past his best and won't be here next season ahead of a young promising player from the academy baffles me.

RetroStu

He did alright today but in my opinion every minute Falcao is on the pitch is a missed minute of playing time for Wilson. Why LVG is playing a player who is clearly past his best and won't be here next season ahead of a young promising player from the academy baffles me.
I think you just answered your own question. Its becoming obvious to me that Falcao will be here next season, whether its another loan or a full transfer.

diarm

It's the one track thinking my better half expects from her reception class.

Classy move, call someone petty and pull them up on their grammar all in the same post. Top marks.

Ah I see, so really it seems like its you who has been stalking me, still no idea who you are by the way but its nice to be noticed.
I looked at your post history this evening precious! Don't read too much into it.

The fact that your better half is a teacher but you think good grammar is petty, tells me I've invested more time in this than is worthwhile.
I'm going to place you on ignore now, lest you think I'm stalking you and feel the need to accuse me of "bipolar" again!

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
I think you just answered your own question. Its becoming obvious to me that Falcao will be here next season, whether its another loan or a full transfer.
If he's still here next season in lieu of a new striker or even retaining Hernandez I will weep big girly, sissy tears.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
He created a good chance for Herrera and also made a good pass for Young(the long ball which young didn't control). Usually his output is a complete 0.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I completely disagree. He had two "key passes" which was the second most on the pitch, whereas the last time he played a half of football - Everton - he had 0. In 90 mins against Chelsea he had one. That's not just some pointless stat either, they were genuine chances created and with a bit of luck Herrera would've scored from a slick one-two and Young would've scored from a 1-on-1 and Falcao would've killed off the game with two assists with incisive counter-attacking play. Both were almost perfect passes from Falcao and the kind of thing we've rarely seen from him. So he contributed more positively than he generally does which is why he's being praised by some on here.

More importantly his negative contributions were far fewer. His biggest criticism this season has been how easily he loses the ball and there's justification for that - according to the stats he loses the ball more than anyone else in the team, mainly driven by him miscontrolling the ball. It's confirmed by the stats and we all know exactly what these stats are pointing to - the ridiculous amount of times he's received the ball with his back to goal and it's bounced off him or he's just fallen over. Today he wasn't dispossessed once and had just 1 unsuccessful touch. Against Everton he was dispossessed 3 times and had 5 unsuccessful touches; in other words he lost the ball more than anyone else on the pitch last time out, whereas today he was no worse than anyone else.

You can brush that off as irrelevant stats telling being moulded to fit a narrative but that's plainly not the case. Put simply he loses the ball a shitload of times in almost every game he plays these days and contributes very little when he actually manages to bring it under control. Today that clearly wasn't the case. It's got nothing to do with emotions after the game.
I'll be honest - I can't remember the Young 1 on 1 you're referring to. The Herrera chance was when Palace were chasing the game and we had a lot of room to play into. It wasn't a difficult ball to play and if anything, I thought he played it badly as he drilled it at Herrera at knee height making the volleyed finish very difficult.
The only thing I will say is that he seemed less useless with space to play in. When we've been the ones needing the goal playing against 10 men behind the ball, like the Chelsea and Everton games you refer to, he's a bystander.

I'm sure I remember one incident of him falling over with his back to the center back. There was another incident that sticks out in my mind, where his first touch bounced off his shin but went to straight to Valencia I think it was. I'm struggling to remember any good pieces of hold up play where he was under pressure to be honest.

Perhaps because I've lost all faith that he'll make it here, I'm noticing his failings more than his contributions. Whatever the reason, I can't remember an incident during today's game where I thought 'that was good!'.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I thought he did OK. We barely got in their half for large parts of the second half, when we did we lost the ball before it was anywhere near him.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
No they didn't. I distinctly remember Young crossing one towards him and van Persie shooting wide with his left foot. I also remember him taking a free kick, which was on target and the long range shot in the second half, from nothing.
Van Persie had 10 shots against WBA, 6 out of those were on target.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I don't know how much truth there was to it but several pundits said that the Falcao loan was just a loan officially due to FFP but that he was destined to sign permanently for Man Utd.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
You know what?

Unfortunately, I think we've already signed Falcao.

This 'loan' malarkey is probably just a loophole that we / Monaco have exploited - probably regarding FFP.

Status
Not open for further replies.