5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Stone

He wasn't poor today. The problem was our midfield and defence and their complete inability to retain possession. Falcao was never going to shine in a game like that.

Got in the way of the Palace defenders for our second goal and created a chance for Herrera. Exceeded (the admittedly low) expectations.

JoaquinJoaquin

He's bit pointless.

Which would be fine if he was scoring goals as a out and out striker but he doesn't look like scoring in the slightest right now.

Rather would have thrown in Wilson probably, whose pace would have been a outlet.
People keep saying this about Wilson. Remember, he has hardly covered himself in glory either when he has played. It's the ol caf 'when they don't play the reputation increases' with Wilson. Still not convinced he will even make it here in all honesty.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Some of the comments in here.

I thought he was very good today. Didn't get played in for some superb runs - Ashley Young's pull back to Mata in particular. Was sharp and lively, showed strength and great movement.

Completed 12 of 13 passes - 92.3%
Recovered the ball - 1
Aerial duels - 1 of 2
Take ons - 1
Clearances - 1
Headed clearances - 1
Foul suffered - 1

Would have loved to have seen him offered the same volley chance Rooney claimed a penalty for or the ghost header Rooney missed. Note I'm not criticising Rooney here, just on this form, Falcao looked sharp and I'd have liked to have seen what he could have done in similar situations in that 2nd half.

m1y2

can't decide if we ever had a bigger star player flop, he's awfull why don't we rather play in ten man ffs?

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I actually believe in that in the past few games, he hasnt been bad.
However, we do not want a player who is "not bad". We are looking for a striker of such quality that when they take to the pitch, defenders panic.
Right now, Fellaini makes defenders panic. In some instances, 2 players mark him.
By contrast, Falcao is easy to defend against and requires no special attention.
We already have 2 aging strikers (Rooney, RVP). Lets not buy another.
For us to even consider buying him now, he needs to score at least 10 goals in the remaining 2 games...which would be difficult for Ronaldo, let alone Radamel "4 goal a season" Falcao.

Completed 12 of 13 passes - 92.3%
Recovered the ball - 1
Aerial duels - 1 of 2
Take ons - 1
Clearances - 1
Headed clearances - 1
Foul suffered - 1
If we want someone who can draw fouls and pass the ball, there are better midfielders out there.
We want a striker - ie. someone who can put the ball at the back of the net.
Falcao has done this 4 times, in half a season.
A striker who can only score 4 goals in half a season, is not good enough to play for Leicester, let alone Man Utd.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
His shove into the Palace defender's back basically got us CL football again. Hero.

FromTheBench

People keep saying this about Wilson. Remember, he has hardly covered himself in glory either when he has played. It's the ol caf 'when they don't play the reputation increases' with Wilson.
Well, give him as many chances as Falcao and then rate them both.

Atleast there is upside with Wilson also with the game was going he would have been useful going in behind them as they were pushing high.

And also Falcao has been ordinary throughout for us. Even in U21 games.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
People keep saying this about Wilson. Remember, he has hardly covered himself in glory either when he has played. It's the ol caf 'when they don't play the reputation increases' with Wilson. Still not convinced he will even make it here in all honesty.
Wilson could at least get around the pitch, chase defenders down, and because he's young would play with little fear,
I've no clue what Falcao offers us, his mobility is poor, his strength holding up the ball is poor, I swear to god I've never seen someone just.. fall over more times for us than he's done in his cameo's this season.

Would loved to have a Benteke type to bring on today, strength and mobility to occupy defenders/hold up play when we were under pressure.

m1y2

maybe he tries to look as shit as possible to lower his transfer fee to bang 30 next season in dry shirt..

JoaquinJoaquin

Well, give him as many chances as Falcao and then rate them both.

Atleast there is upside with Wilson also with the game was going he would have been useful going in behind them as they were pushing high.

And also Falcao has been ordinary throughout for us. Even in U21 games.
Ah yes, that 1 under 21 game.

El-Manos

He's bit pointless.

Which would be fine if he was scoring goals as a out and out striker but he doesn't look like scoring in the slightest right now.

Rather would have thrown in Wilson probably, whose pace would have been a outlet.
Disagree. He was a lot stronger on the ball today and made some promising runs. If he was given a decent chance today, I am confident he would have scored. Looks like a very likeable guy as well and at least he is willing to work.

Golden Nugget

Would have scored if Young had trusted hi/spotted him. Played decent and worked his ass off.

World class assist for Fellainis goal. Didn't see it until the replays much later on. Brilliant.

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
Mendes. It's not about de gea but an even bigger deal.

(Those of you that have been around long enough know not to question my sources.)

Ballache

Supports
Martial
He was better than Rooney today when we actually attacked he was involved and set up Herrera who was denied by a good save. Certainly wasn't pointless.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I think that was probably one of the most accomplished striking performances we've seen this year and definitely Falcao's best in 2015. Nothing spectacular by any means but if he'd played like that for most of the season I'd have considered him a relatively successful signing.

ottosec

Similar performance to what is Rooney putting every week since the Tottenham game. Only difference is that one is called Silent Dominator and the other is called shit.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Looks like a player who wants to stay here, actually. Of course that doesn't mean anything since Van Gaal has instructed him to play in a way that helps the team. But it was nice to see he wasn't playing for Falcao, passing it to players who were in a better position.

Acole9

Outstanding
Some of his build up play in the final third on a couple of occasions was good.

FromTheBench

Similar performance to what is Rooney putting every week since the Tottenham game. Only difference is that one is called Silent Dominator and the other is called shit.
Difference is Rooney can take the ball forward, take it wide, play it cross field or play it forward. Or even burst beyond the high line off a long ball.

Falcao just comes deep and passes it 5 yards backwards or to the nearest man. When we were under the cosh and not many around him it meant the ball kept coming back into the pressure zone of a congested midfield. Not his fault but there was no outlet except Young.

Varun

Staff
Some good runs and worked hard but it's impossible to judge our strikers when we don't create a single chance for them.

RetroStu

And that is great. He is a very good player but he gets heralded as one of the Worlds best strikers when he is absolutely nowhere near.
When he's on top form (yeah i know), he's up there with any striker. Before last season, he had more goals and assists in the Prem for the prior 4 years, than any other player in the league.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Funny, I could have sworn he came on at half time but I didn't see him for the rest of the game, so I assume I must have been mistaken...

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
He did enough today for this thread not to be bumped to be fair. Thought his play with Herrera was good.

Ixion

He has tended to come on and put in a tidy performance or cameo the past couple of months but people will rush into here to shit on his performance regardless. As usual some nice runs and decent built up play today, very unlucky that Young didn't pick out his run at the near post.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
I don't think Rooney was shite, but he did nothing special before the injury too. Van Persie was much better in the last game without any service either.

Well van Persie didn't have any service in the last game either and yet he was our most dangerous player.
After he moved into midfield, where he proved he wasn't scared to shoot at the slightest chance of an opening.

Status
Not open for further replies.