Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
fine, we can sign him to keep mendes happy but that shouldn't mean falcao should be allowed anywhere near the first team.

Will Absolute

Mendes is very good friends with Woodward. He'll probably be open to a deal like this to keep a supply line to big talents open.
Our team is brimful of world-class talent that Mendes has gotten for us.

Where would we be without him? We might be struggling for 4th place having spent quarter of a billion pounds in two years!

Brophs

The One and Only

Where would we be without him? We might be struggling for 4th place having spent quarter of a billion pounds in two years!
Our cup truly runneth over. I mean, he managed to convince Madrid to sell us Di Maria for £60m, despite the fact they'd been punting him around Europe for £15m less only weeks earlier. And what better way to test our fancy new medical devices than bringing in a world class striker who hasn't yet recovered from a cruciate injury. £300k p/w would be cheap at twice the price.

slir32

I would take Falcao for another season-long loan deal.
I would honestly keep him to for 1 more loan season as long as we sign a goal scoring wide forward. LVG is not dropping Rooney so getting a starting world class striker is pointless right now i would rather keep Falcao on massively reduced wages.

fallengt

Ridiculous if true. Fergie would show the door to Both De Gea and Falcao whilst kicking Mendez'ass .
We are not a charity house.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
By David McDonnell

Manchester United are considering extending Radamel Falcao's loan deal to give the striker a final chance to prove his worth.

Striker Falcao's deal with United expires on June 1, with the Red Devils then having the option to buy him permanently from French club Monaco for a fee of £43.2million.

Although United are not willing to pay that much for the 29-year-old, who has disappointed this season, it is understood they are open to the prospect of prolonging his loan spell.

Louis van Gaal has already warned Falcao he will have to accept being a supporting striker is he does remain in Manchester beyond this summer.

But United executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward is in dialogue with Monaco vice-president Vadim Vasilyev about options with regard to Falcao staying beyond the terms of the original deal.

Falcao has scored just four times in what has turned out to be an underwhelming season from a player who was until recently regarded as one of the most predatory strikers in the world.

Despite that, United are said to be willing to extend his loan until January to see whether he can recapture his best form after a summer of rest and then a full pre-season.

Falcao suffered a cruciate knee ligament injury in January last year that ruled him out of football for six months and saw him miss the World Cup in Brazil last summer

It has been suggested the Colombian hurried his recovery in an ultimately futile attempt to make the tournament, and that it has had a knock-on effect this season with regard to his form.

Van Gaal is said to be open to the option of keeping Falcao for a further six months.

The move would also suit Monaco, who would be happy to keep the £250,000-a-week striker off their wage bill.

Another option would be a compromise to reduce Falcao's transfer fee, but an extension to the current arrangement is the likeliest scenario.

Despite his difficulties this season, Falcao is a favourite among United fans - who have continued to support him throughout his troubled campaign.
The Mirror

settembrini

If Falcao is still a United player next season then we deserve to fail. That would be a shocking decision.

Ixion

Forlan went 30 games without a goal at the start of his United career then got about 10 in his second season, some important ones as well. If Falcao gets a preseason with us and the expectations aren't as high (and the team is playing better) he could have a better season for us.

izec

Extending his loan deal wouldnt be that bad. I would like to see him with a proper pre season and after the shock of the 1st year.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
There;s part of me that would be ok with extending the deal. I can't shake a nagging suspicion that he'll suddenly looks shit hot again. ACL reconstructions can really mess you round but it's still possible to progress, physically, a year or more after the original operation. When you look at the difference in Vidal, over the course of this season, it's hard not to wonder if a summer playing a lot of football in the Copa will bring Falcao up a level. If he's still gash by next winter then get rid but it would be a pain in the hole if we let him go and he gets back to his best somewhere else. This season's CL has been bad enough for watchig ex-United players have starring roles, I could really do without Falcao doing the same.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Forlan went 30 games without a goal at the start of his United career then got about 10 in his second season, some important ones as well. If Falcao gets a preseason with us and the expectations aren't as high (and the team is playing better) he could have a better season for us.
but at £350k a week plus probably another £100k-200k a week in loan fee my expectations would still be very very high and he has shown no signs of being able to deliver anything like value on that kind of investment - Id much rather get him off the wage bill and get a younger striker in who can have that pre season with us and be an option off the bench when needed.- Similarly if we are going to pay £350k a week to anybody I'm expecting Aguero, Suarez hell even Messi type performances

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Extending the deal is stupid. He isn't going to miraculously get better. And even if he does, he will have to be playing consistent first team football which we can't offer unless we want RvP/Rooney in midfield, most likely alongside Fellaini which will mean absolutely no creativity and tempo in the midfield and directly causing no change in Falcao's play.

settembrini

Yeah we owe Mendes a great deal. Without him we might never have:

1. Sold our best player to Madrid (which we might do again this summer).
2. Paid £16m to help Monaco get a washed up forward off their wage bill (which we might continue to do next season).
3. Paid £7m for Bebe.
4. Paid £20m for Anderson. Plus, somehow, contract extensions, so we paid him wages for eight years.
5. Somehow got Nani a new five year contract. With the result that we are now paying him to play for another team.
6. £60m + massive wages on Di Maria. Because of one amazing season.
7. Monaco don't want Valdes on a free? United can pay him.

Just have to hope this guy keeps on helping us out like this. He's one of the good guys, not like Pogba's agent who got his player a move from our reserves to the Juventus first team, the rogue.

ZDwyr

The ship sailed months ago. We need to just let him go. I can actually see a situation where De Gea leaves but Falcao stays :(

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I wouldn't mind an extension either. The payoff if he comes good would obviously be huge. Although we won't be able to bed in a new younger faster striker in to eventually replace Rooney.

Sam

Signing him for another season would be utter madness, just mental. Even if he got back to say 75% of his best, what next? Buy him next Summer at the age of 30/31 for huge money? No thanks.

There are plenty of strikers out there that are a) better b) have more potential c) far more cost effective. The sooner he is gone the better.

Utd7

I wouldn't be against extending the loan. I personally believe he will return to form next season. It usually takes a full year to recover from a torn ACL. Him trying to rush through his rehab for the WC certainly didn't help either. I don't see the harm, because if he goes to another club and starts playing well again, we will regret it and think what could've been.

dsch

2. Paid £16m to help Monaco get a washed up forward off their wage bill (which we might continue to do next season).
3. Paid £7m for Bebe.
4. Paid £20m for Anderson. Plus, somehow, contract extensions, so we paid him wages for eight years.
5. Somehow got Nani a new five year contract. With the result that we are now paying him to play for another team.

Just have to hope this guy keeps on helping us out like this. He's one of the good guys, not like Pogba's agent who got his player a move from our reserves to the Juventus first team, the rogue.
This, basically. Mendes can feck right off and take Falcao with him.

SonnyTheHaloPro

"Van Gaal is David Moyes +£150million"

3. Paid £7m for Bebe.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
For those of you who believe that he will suddenly become great next season - can you explain your reasoning/logic behind this?
I'm struggling to understand how any sane person who knows anything about football, would want to have him at their club?

A friend of mine who live in Portugal and supports Benfica were discussing Falcao. I joked that he should maybe join Benfica. He was terrified at this thought as he too believes this guy is terrible.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Sunama there is logic there. You just need to try a little harder ;) A Pre season is really important. You have to know that. He came into a team that was struggling and he loses confidence. Maybe in himself? But certainly in the fact that we would sign him. We then find a way of playing which means he can only really replace Rooney. Basically he could still come good and that's hard for people to imagine, but look how many people believe in Santa and the tooth fairy. Have a little imagination for feck sake ..

Of course he could still come good. We need quicker play, better service to the strikers. More imagination and belief and a Pre Season to build up fitness.

Last edited:

JUPITER

The elephant in the room is where does Rooney play if Falcao stays?

Van Gaal has publicly stated himself that he won't drop Rooney, and Falcao can't play anywhere else other than CF (where, this season, he can barely play anyway) so the options are...

1. Rooney plays up top - meaning you're basically paying Falcao £250,000 a week to sit on the bench - fecked wage structure, stops young talent coming through, would obviously just be a deal to appease Mendes.

2. Falcao plays up top - meaning Rooney (a better striker) plays in midfield which is rapidly becoming a laughable sight and a points gift to other teams. This also means a better midfielder sitting on the bench.

3. Strip Rooney of the captaincy a season after he's sacrificed his position for the manager, give it to someone else and rotate him and Falcao - this will probably cause massive discontent within the dressing room and (I imagine) divides within the squad.

The best of those 3 options is number 3, which says a lot.

As many of you know, I don't like the Falcao transfer - I don't like seeing us give this guy game time, I don't like him being paid half a million quid every fortnight, I don't like Mendes, I don't like how Falcao is trumped as a 'loves the club' 'great guy' when he's been proven to be a 1st class mercenary who'll sacrifice his later career for big money moves and most of all, I don't like what he's given us on the pitch - basically nothing.

These are just my opinions. I've been accused of being an 'agenda poster' by @Brwned and others, but if you look back at my first posts in this thread when he'd first signed I was really excited and my opinion has gradually changed and been formed over the season...

Absolutely brilliant first interview. He said "we" in his first interview! He seems so genuinely happy and positive to be here it was quite disarming actually. And such good English!

He's got a real confidence about him hasn't he? Immediately talking about titles (plural) while holding eye contact. I like it a lot.

Watching the interview it really started dawning on me that we've signed Falcao... Falcao.
Best positional movement of any striker on Earth.

The lowest anyone could place him is JUST below Costa and Suarez.
Thought Falcao was bright today, looks rusty still, but his assist and crossbar hit were both very promising.
Considering what he did to Chelsea last time he met them - with some of the same defenders they have now - it would be an immediate psychological blow for them to face him again, he absolutely destroyed them in 45 minutes.

I'll be really disappointed with Van Gaal if RvP starts the Chelsea game - and I'll be furious with him if RvP starts it with Falcao on the bench.
You can see I've not had 'an agenda' against Falcao - I've just got an opinion that this is easily the worst loan business I've ever seen United involved in (the last 30 years), and to continue it would be absolutely farcical.

I really feel we need to toughen up and become more ruthless regarding the contracts we award, the standard we accept at this great club, and our dealings with agents - particularly with Mendes, a man who's milked this club over the last 10 years and given very little back.

I'm gonna try not to post so much in this thread because everything about the deal annoys me, and I'm aware that my attitude toward Falcao and Mendes annoys other people!

If he stays, I think it's ridiculous. I also hope if he stays I'm proven wrong about this footballer and the deal itself.

RetroStu

I don't know why but i just have this feeling we are going to keep him. I think the bad season he has had and the fact that it SEEMS barely any other club is interested in h8im, means we hold all the cards with him and Monaco know this.
I'm not sure exactly why we would keep him (unless we know we will be able to get him for a lot less which we probably will be able to) but we don't know what goes on in training, he may be a different player in training and his form could all be down to a complete lack of confidence.
It would explain why we may be still interested in him as Van Gaal may think that if he get his confidence back, he could get close to his best.
I mean thats pure speculation obviously but like i said, we don't see what goes on in training. One thing is certain though imo, Depay can cross a ball, he also does his fair share of through balls so Falcao would probably be getting more goal scoring chances you would of thought.

marlowe78

I wouldn't care if we had him next season for free. The logic that some people are using is that because other players have recovered from his kind of injury after a season or two, he will automatically do that and become something like he was in the past. When there is no evidence that he can/will do that in the PL and there is not slightest sign of him ever being that kind of player again.

You can be pretty sure that RVP will be here next season, which means we have the prospect of two crocked strikers on our roster who can play heavy minutes with low return. Also, do we want to see Rooney for half the season in midfield again, after what we've already put up? No, this won't do. Please send him back.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The elephant in the room is where does Rooney play if Falcao stays?

Van Gaal has publicly stated himself that he won't drop Rooney, and Falcao can't play anywhere else other than CF (where, this season, he can barely play anyway) so the options are...

1. Rooney plays up top - meaning you're basically paying Falcao £250,000 a week to sit on the bench - fecked wage structure, stops young talent coming through, would obviously just be a deal to appease Mendes.

2. Falcao plays up top - meaning Rooney (a better striker) plays in midfield which is rapidly becoming a laughable sight and a points gift to other teams. This also means a better midfielder sitting on the bench.

3. Strip Rooney of the captaincy a season after he's sacrificed his position for the manager, give it to someone else and rotate him and Falcao - this will probably cause massive discontent within the dressing room and (I imagine) divides within the squad.

The best of those 3 options is number 3, which says a lot.

As many of you know, I don't like the Falcao transfer - I don't like seeing us give this guy game time, I don't like him being paid half a million quid every fortnight, I don't like Mendes, I don't like how Falcao is trumped as a 'loves the club' 'great guy' when he's been proven to be a 1st class mercenary who'll sacrifice his later career for big money moves and most of all, I don't like what he's given us on the pitch - basically nothing.

These are just my opinions. I've been accused of being an 'agenda poster' by @Brwned and others, but if you look back at my first posts in this thread when he'd first signed I was really excited and my opinion has gradually changed and been formed over the season...

You can see I've not had 'an agenda' against Falcao - I've just got an opinion that this is easily the worst loan business I've ever seen United involved in (the last 30 years), and to continue it would be absolutely farcical.

I really feel we need to toughen up and become more ruthless regarding the contracts we award, the standard we accept at this great club, and our dealings with agents - particularly with Mendes, a man who's milked this club over the last 10 years and given very little back.

I'm gonna try not to post so much in this thread because everything about the deal annoys me, and I'm aware that my attitude toward Falcao and Mendes annoys other people!

If he stays, I think it's ridiculous. I also hope if he stays I'm proven wrong about this footballer and the deal itself.
I can't say I disagree with any of that.

Winrar

You do have quite a lot of posts invested into this thread for someone who clearly doesn't like Falcao (more than 1/10th of all your posts in Redcafe atm) so no wonder people think you have an agenda.

but I have to say I share your sentiments, was excited at first but it just seems like there's no light at the end of the tunnel and it'd be waste of our resources to keep him for another season.

Devil may care

What's the point in extending the loan, then we'd be stuck with him and RvP, two has-beens, one is surely enough.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
is this a new saying that going round as a joke? or do you actually mean that? i've seen it written several times over the past few weeks and i'm wondering if i'm missing something here.
We create feck all every week, Falcao is tbe best number 9 in the whole world, after 3 losses the team will kick it up a notch and we'll create lots of chances because of the increased tempo and urgency. And then Falcao will thrive, if you give him a chance, he scores. Once he bags one in and regains some confidence, believe me, he'll score another at least.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
We create feck all every week, Falcao is tbe best number 9 in the whole world, after 3 losses the team will kick it up a notch and we'll create lots of chances because of the increased tempo and urgency. And then Falcao will thrive, if you give him a chance, he scores. Once he bags one in and regains some confidence, believe me, he'll score another at least.
That's some fantasy you've created :lol: he's been absolutely hopeless....best number 9 in the world?!

Status
Not open for further replies.