5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

bugmat

Been great imo. No one is setting him up. He is setting them up. Once people start creating chances for him he will score.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
So basically, they would have only been interested in a loan because they don't need the money this year?

I have a contact in the media, who I haven't seen for nearly a year, but I did see him at the weekend, that's when he told me that it was a loan because he failed his medical.

He does tend to be pretty cynical about all things football though, especially as regards the money in the game (all footballers are mercenaries etc)
To be fair does a contact in the media mean anything these days.. it seems they get more clueless with each passing summer - no offence to your contact who might have tangible evidence to back up his story.

JUPITER

I'd like to see him in and around the box more than he was against Leicester and QPR (didn't see the West Ham game) Maybe with Rooney out, we'll see him that little bit further up the pitch?
This. He's doing all the running for RvP (why??) and playing more like a second striker than an out and out no9.

Play one of them, and play Rooney as the 2nd striker!

carlosp

Been great imo. No one is setting him up. He is setting them up. Once people start creating chances for him he will score.
I seem to remember him missing two chances. One against West Ham and the other versus Leichester.

I forgive him though for those chances and hope he comes good real soon as in before and during the Chelsea and City games so that he can cause them headaches. :)

carlosp

One chance a game is not people setting him up imo. And he created his chance vs Leicester.
No, Rooney's created that chance for him, he was in the open and Rooney's ball was inch perfect. Pity about the bar.

Your words were

Rooney certainly set him up there. As a striker, you have to take all those chances, even if it's one chance.

LeftyBlaster

Showing some really good hold up play so far while being very willing, as said in this thread, to set others up. The goals will come; he gets into all the right positions and isn't afraid to have a go from range.
Has been rather subdued given his record for scoring; can't wait for him to burst into life.

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
Showing some really good hold up play so far while being very willing, as said in this thread, to set others up. The goals will come; he gets into all the right positions and isn't afraid to have a go from range.
Has been rather subdued given his record for scoring; can't wait for him to burst into life.
Im wondering if he was bought more for hold up and assists for VP than goal scoring, he seems to be playing deeper than usual.

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
Put your house on him to score against Everton.

You heard it here first!
I put money on him scoring vs QPR, then against Leicester, then against West Ham, so I have to carry on until he does, he was Evens the last 2 times, hes gone out to 2.4 now though, hopefully easy money :nervous:

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
His goal return won't be as ridiculous as it was in Spain, but he'll score goals. He's only had a few half chances so far.

bugmat

No, Rooney's created that chance for him, he was in the open and Rooney's ball was inch perfect. Pity about the bar.

Your words were

Rooney certainly set him up there. As a striker, you have to take all those chances, even if it's one chance.
That doesn't make much sense - no striker has a 100% conversion rate. Rooney missed one and scored one in the half vs West Ham - should he have scored twice? RvP missed several vs Sunderland(?). No one has a 100%. If ppl aren't making more than 1 chance a game for Falcao it's highly likely he won't score - even in a game you need a rhythm be it shooting, etc and only having 1-2 chances prevents that. Falcao had one - two proper chances per game the last 3 matches because he's being forced to do a lot if not all of the hold up play and leg work, while RvP goal hangs and Rooney stays further back to get the result of the hold up play. Falcao is basically playing as a 2nd striker (hence being able to get 2 assists, one each game). Rooney has benefited as the pseudo #10 - scoring by running in late (as Mata was doing also when he plays).

My point was we need a system (or performance in this system) where all 3 forwards benefit so that all remain confident and productive. ATM largely because RvP isn't doing much running the system's benefits are lopsided wrt the 3 forwards. It will be better if all 3 are scoring than just one or two, and that depends on more being created for the guy who has been creating lately.

Last edited:

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Forget a money off the back, that must feel like a gorilla off the back.

Eriku

Let's try to do an anti-jinx again:

One goal's all well and good, but with the kind of chances he's getting and wasting, I wouldn't trust this guy to nab two in one outing.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Should hopefully start banging them in now he's got his first.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The clumsy finishing I think was down to him being over anxious to score.

Glad he scored, celebrating a Falcao goal for United is weird though. Never thought we would have him.

Love his attitude as well.

Raw

Could really work on his finishing, I'll put it down to him trying too hard to get his first goal for now. Though I do think RVP had a worse game than him.

Ibi Dreams

Most of the chances he got were actually kind of awkward so I don't blame him too much for not finishing them, although with his ability you'd expect him to. He scored with the best chance he got and it was a great finish

thejtrain

I'd say it's because he's still not fully fit and LVG doesn't want to risk further injuries.
Ah ok. Just wanted to know if there was any apparent reason to take him off. Looks like there wasn't.

Hopefully he starts banging them in now that he's got his first.

Status
Not open for further replies.