5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam

Fantastic finish, and his passion after the goal was beautiful to see.

But I have to be honest, he doesn't look all that.

Devil may care

You could see what the goal meant to him, he was getting in great positions but snatching at the chances, now he's scored I think he'll grow back into the monster striker we know he is.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Was pretty wasteful up until the goal but wow what a relief. Felt so good seeing him grab his first goal for us at such a vital time too. Great instincts.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
The way he slid on his knees celebrating that goal tells me he isn't worried about it and is playing pain free.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets

Still can't believe this happened. Falcao and Di Maria in a Manchester United shirt. :drool:

vidic blood & sand

He's getting sharper all the time, and could have had 3 or 4 today. Just need him and van persie to get a better partnership going. At the moment they're both waiting for the ball to come into the box.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Missed chances he should have taken but I will let him off a) because he scored the winner and b) because after he scored you could see him visibly relax. The pressure of getting that first goal was clearly the reason why he kept snatching at the chances he had before he scored. I reckon now Falcao's off the mark he'll go on a nice run of goalscoring.

Drifter

American
You could see the sense of relief after he scored . Even for a seasoned goal scorer like him. Getting your first goal at OT meant so much.

Trizy

I have to admit I'm not impressed so far, his positioning is so brilliant he should have had 2-3 goals each game he's played but he's been terribly wasteful and not even remotely looking like he'll hit the target, hope its not another case of Torres.

Having said that he did score the winner today so hopefully that he's over that first hill it'll spark him into previous form. One thing I noticed is he grabbed his jersey after scoring, he genuinely looks very happy to be an United player, which is always a massive positive.

ZDwyr

Glad he scored. Hopefully this pushes him on a bit and he can start burying chances. Looked better than RvP I thought.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
It's understandable that it will take some time until he's 100% but his movement was just incredible today. A 100% match sharp Falcao would have got a hat trick today.

Melvyn

prostate examiner
Loved his celebration when he grabbed the shirt. Can't find a gif yet.

khoazany

Ah ok. Just wanted to know if there was any apparent reason to take him off. Looks like there wasn't.

Hopefully he starts banging them in now that he's got his first.
Isn't it obvious that because he has missed a lot of chances before scoring that tap-in?Welbeck would be buried to death in here it it was him.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
The best strikers can have the shittest of days and still manage to grab a goal, even more importantly get the winning goal. Watch the floodgates open now.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
What are these glut of missed chances everyone's chatting about? The header in the first half that was actually a very good effort? The full volley at waist heigh from a strongly hit corner that Van Basten would've struggled to score? That snatched shot early in the 2nd that was his only really wasteful effort...And? What?

He was perfectly fine today. Positionally brilliant but still a little rusty and nervy. He'll be fine now. Providing of course he doesn't get taken off on the hour mark every week to accomodate the indulgence of RVP.

Last edited:

Patchbeard

He's getting sharper all the time, and could have had 3 or 4 today. Just need him and van persie to get a better partnership going. At the moment they're both waiting for the ball to come into the box.
I'd much rather we just dropped RVP and let Falcao play as a central no.9 where I think he'd look consistently more dangerous, rather than in a balanced front 2 where he has to work the channels. Play Rooney with him in a floating forward role with Mata No.10, or Januzaj as the floating forward and Rooney No.10 if LVG is being obtuse.

Mister_Stubbs

Looked sharp again today, typical poachers goal as well.. hopefully that's just the start now.

WyoManU

Very happy he scored. However, his honeymoon period is coming to a close. He needs to get match sharpness and start taking some of these chances that are falling to his feet. Sorry, but when you earn that much you don't get excuses and too much time.

Cina

His movement is insane and as a result will always lead to plenty of chances. Today was a day when he got lots of them wrong but when he's in full flow he'll be a machine.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Delighted he got his first, hopefully the floodgates will now open. Works hard and has very good hold up play, was just lacking in a bit of confidence.
His dribbling under pressure is the one thing that has surprised me so far though, a lot better then what I remembered from him in that respect.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
His movement is insane and as a result will always lead to plenty of chances. Today was a day when he got lots of them wrong but when he's in full flow he'll be a machine.
Exactly! And when United click properly, well it's just a frightening prospect.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
LOLOLOLO Falcaooooooo! Wow this is a surreal feeling. Radamel fecking Falcao scored for Manchester United and this isnt the last time you'll hear that.

Melvyn

prostate examiner
Yup, he is always getting into good positions, and for a striker of his class, that is most important. He's not going to forget how to score, so it's only a matter of time before he starts banging them in. A lot of people only see the chances he missed, but fail to notice the good work he does the majority of time he's on the pitch.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
1 goal and 2 assists in something like 200 minutes is not shabby at all. He's increasing in his sharpness and whilst he was fairly wasteful, he should go on to score a lot more. He looks a lot more capable in build-up play than van Persie has recently, which is surprising.

MDFC Manager

What are these glut of missed chances everyone's chatting about? The header in the first half that was actually a very good effort? The full volley at waist heigh from a strongly hit corner that Van Basten would've struggled to score? That snatched shot early in the 2nd that was his only really wasteful effort...And? What?

He was perfectly fine today. Positionally brilliant but still a little rusty and nervy. He'll be fine now. Providing of course he doesn't get taken off on the hour mark every week to accomodate the indulgence of RVP.
This. It's his bloody brilliant movement that fools you into believing that he's missed a glut of chances.

FromTheBench

His movement today was fantastic.

He was getting more confident after his goal but LVG took him off. Guess not fully fit for 90.

BarstoolProphet

Extremely happy for him. He genuinely looks like he loves playing for us. The similarity with Forlán is a bit uncanny but let's hope Falcao actually shows his true form in a United shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.