Rafael da Silva | 2010-14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Another good display. One or two times he got caught but in a high pressure game like that, mistakes are bound to happen. Thought he was solid.

gza the genius

It was pretty comical how eager the commentators were to blame him or pick on his every mistake. I thought he was very good again. He's the only thing that makes Valencia starting bearable as it allows Rafael to get forward more.

Kag

That 'foul' on Carroll warrants a sacking for Mason. The first one was barely a foul, never mind a yellow, but seeing tubs dish out a free kick on a 7ft giant after falling down against the weight of a 5ft midget was really quite special.

His reputation, like Fellaini's, precedes him. It's unfair.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Far from great defensively this season, it has to be said, but I think he was unlucky with the yellow card, it was really soft and Downing was never going to catch that ball anyway, and that was never foul on that big useless prick few minutes after.

Someone said it's his fifth yellow card and that means he is missing City, is it true?

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Wouldn't surprise me if we were on the lookout for another RB in the summer for competition for him.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
That 'foul' on Carroll warrants a sacking for Mason. The first one was barely a foul, never mind a yellow, but seeing tubs dish out a free kick on a 7ft giant after falling down against the weight of a 5ft midget was really quite special.

His reputation, like Fellaini's, precedes him. It's unfair.
Someone said he is not getting red cards more often because he is small, sweet and shit. Ridiculous, if anything, refs book him for some soft ones quite often.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Far from great defensively this season, it has to be said, but I think he was unlucky with the yellow card, it was really soft and Downing was never going to catch that ball anyway, and that was never foul on that big useless prick few minutes after.

Someone said it's his fifth yellow card and that means he is missing City, is it true?
It was shit defending. If he had stood up to Downing and showed him down the line like any other full back would do he'd have been ok, but instead he was impatient and went straight for the ball which made up Downings mind to knock it past him. It was the same a couple of minutes later, lunged for the ball instead of shepherding the player down the line, Downing gets there first and skins him.

Ekeke

Someone said he is not getting red cards more often because he is small, sweet and shit. Ridiculous, if anything, refs book him for some soft ones quite often.
He makes a lot of silly ones and then laughs and argues with the referee. He gets away with more than he's the victim of

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Yeah he should cut that arguing with the ref, he does it even when he is not right but I could understand him today.

It was shit defending. If he had stood up to Downing and showed him down the line like any other full back would do he'd have been ok, but instead he was impatient and went straight for the ball which made up Downings mind to knock it past him. It was the same a couple of minutes later, lunged for the ball instead of shepherding the player down the line, Downing gets there first and skins him.
I didn't said it was good defending, but it's ridiculous to give yellow card for that.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
To erratic especially when it comes to the defensive side of his game and that's the plainest way of putting it now. You just don't know what in name of hell he's going to do next, he's capable of anything and despite all he has got going for him out of all the players on the books he's the most likely to end up doing something stupid in a match and costing us. Time to start looking for a safer and more solid player to look after things in that department.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Yeah he should cut that arguing with the ref, he does it even when he is not right but I could understand him today.

I didn't said it was good defending, but it's ridiculous to give yellow card for that.
Yeah i don't think it was a yellow but its annoying that he keeps giving referee's a decision to make. You don't have to try and win the ball right away. Stay on your feet, try showing the player onto his wrong side and pick your moment when going to intercept. He's walking a tightrope far too often in games and he'll have every referee against him for the way he keeps reacting to their decisions.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Oh he was fine apart from a few moments in the first half. Even Tyler tried to mistake him for Kagawa when the wall encroached a free kick. Just looking to keep that rash tag on him I guess. Was never a booking anyway for the foul on Downing.

LR7

Rooney argues with the ref all the time and no one whinges about it.

mattsville

Rash, you can accept that if he produces lots going forward, a few goals, excellent crosses but we are not getting that either, love his enthusiasm, but give me Denis Irwin any day.

Blue always red

Wasn't bad today, considering he looked like a child compared to their giants. Didn't really notice his performance which means he did little wrong and the Downing incident was a semi-joke of a yellow card.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Some of the criticism in this thread is bang over the top. It's as if you guys have dropped down your pants and are holding dicks at the ready for a sighting of Seamus Coleman.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I used to be a big fan of his but not so much lately. He gets beaten a lot and is a daft cnut. Although the yellow was harsh he'd have got one sooner or later anyway. It's time to start growing up for him.

LR7

Think he's been our best player in the first half. His passion and desire sets him apart. Looks most likely to force us forward and has defended well too.

binary bot
My MOTM(that's not saying much) too, created two great chances that we didn't convert - unlucky not to stop a near certain goal in the first half.

Ekeke

He was a mixed bag like normal. Positive runs forward with a lack of any product, a couple of good tackles and getting caught out of position and defensive lapses too.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
People will probably blame him for the goal, and let Jones and rest of our defence walk(oh the irony) but there you go.

Saying that, he is shit attacking wise this season, too scared, too many extra touches that are not needed and I can see Moyes probably looking for another RB just because he is having one poor season which is a shame.

Baxter

What the feck has happened to his crossing? It was always erratic, but it was terrible today as it has been for most of the season. I remember one he put on a plate for Rooney a few weeks back, but other than that it's shocking. Another player who seems to have regressed a fair bit recently.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Thought he was one of our better players, not that that's saying anything. Still maintain he's had a poor season though.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Again proving that going after a big money RB is probably the biggest waste of time imaginable.

blitz133w

His defensive ability is not a serious issue. Maybe a little suspect in positioning himself but still offers a lot going forward and is full of energy. He did well with covering the flanks and overlapping but his crossing was truly abysmal. We could have scored if he crossed well. Took unnecessary touches and lost confidence with the ball in crossing positions. Still our best player yesterday.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I remember one time where he way over hit his cross and then proceeded to complain there was no one in the box for him to cross to. Well sorry Rafael but no matter who was in the box it didn't matter as your cross was fecking shite.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
I remember one time where he way over hit his cross and then proceeded to complain there was no one in the box for him to cross to. Well sorry Rafael but no matter who was in the box it didn't matter as your cross was fecking shite.
Doesn't work like that though, if he sees a viable target, the crossing tends to be more accurate. He's not exactly David Beckham, but having bodies in the box helps.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
We have far too many problem areas e.g. The entire midfield and rest of the defensive positions to even consider a new RB IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.