Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZDwyr

Think I read somewhere that he is still in doubt for Arsenal. Although if he is training now you would think he'd be a good chance of playing.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Good he's back and all, but it is genuinely a matter of time before he's sidelined again. We already know this.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Ya it is good he isn't playing for Brazil now. But players as good as him really should. He is more than good enough to play for Brazil. I don't buy the whole Olympics thing. Everyone knows that's not a proper tournament. I think there is other politics at play there. Brazil needs a big shakeup. If Rafael stays injury free they would be stupid not to pick him.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
He's a joke, should be sent to the glue factory at this stage.

In all seriousness though, I'd keep him as backup right-back, but we need to bring in a new first-choice.

ZDwyr

What is Rafael's injury? He seemed to pick it up suddenly just before...the City match? Maybe? and has missed like 2 or 3 weeks since then now.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Huh? Didn't he post on his instagram that he is back in training? :houllier:
Exactly. What Physioroom put up was probably in response to what van Gaal said about Rafael not being immediately available, but then again, I'm being hopeful here. It could actually be that Rafael can only train and isn't yet 100% match fit, which explains why van Gaal's stated that he's not available against Arsenal.

wiz4231

Calm down, he's probably not match fit. He'll play a reserve game and will be good to go

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
If only we had bought absolutely any half-decent RB in the world who could stay fit. There are League One RBs who would probably be more useful than always having to put Valencia or a CB at RB position to "do a job". It's unbelievable that this situation has gone on for multiple seasons now. What other "top club" would be so stupid?

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Calm down, he's probably not match fit. He'll play a reserve game and will be good to go
And then get injured again.

I love Rafa but it's time we got in a RB who can remain fit for more than a few games at a time.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Rafael is one of my favourite United players but we really do need a new first choice RB.

ZDwyr

Rafael is one of my favourite United players but we really do need a new first choice RB.
Or a very capable back-up. Which is what I would prefer. Although Valencia has been decent in his last few matches so we will see.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
If I was bored I would dig up the posts from those who went ballistic on here at the mere suggestion that United would buy an alternative RB to Rafael.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
City have Kolarov and Clichy, Zabaleta and Sagna. We can make it work too.

Fullbacks are so important to the modern game now, they play arguably the most athletically challenging position these days. We definitely need a decent rotation option to give them each a break.

Sparky Rhiwabon

If I was bored I would dig up the posts from those who went ballistic on here at the mere suggestion that United would buy an alternative RB to Rafael.
I was ravaged recently when I suggested that Clyne should be signed and played ahead of Rafae. Mind you that was before he played for England and I'm guessing that many on here wouldn't have known how good Clyne was before that

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Like Jones, like Smalling, like Evans, Rafael is frustrating me. Frustrating because we all know how good this guy can be. We can put so much confidence in him, to be the RB for the decade to come, but he’s always injured, or always doing a mistake. It seems that he was at his peak with two monsters (add VDS) next to him, and even Valencia protecting him.

In fact, is he so good? Being protected by Ferdinand and Valencia it should be easier for him. But I’m fed up with him. We can’t rely on him anymore. We should and we must fix our RB issue once for all, as we must fix our CB issues as soon as possible. If fit and in a regular defense, he can proves to be one of the best, but he’s dependent on too many factors now.

Would you keep a player (that’s the point with our other injury prone clowns) if you can’t rely on him, if he gives you only half games of the season (including 50% of jokes like Leicester) and the rest he gives you injuries, yellow card and especially injuries ?

LVG axed Welbeck because he wasn’t United standard. That’s the same for Clevinho, Chicha…. But is Rafael really United standard? I’m not convinced because of what he gives us at the end of the season and the fact that he’s so disappointing in that aspect.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I was ravaged recently when I suggested that Clyne should be signed and played ahead of Rafae. Mind you that was before he played for England and I'm guessing that many on here wouldn't have known how good Clyne was before that
I suggested to buy a starter this summer and i received some indignation, but to be fair i also said that a RB was more important than a CB, i was a little bit wrong, we needed both.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
It still smarts we let his understudy go off to Real's B-team, given his injury record and (IMHO) Valencia's not always convincing defensive ability.

I guess that is also a good gig for a young lad, though...

SambaBoy

We need to sign a RB. I understand people saying Rafael is too good to be back-up or there's no point spending big money on a RB to be back-up, but there wouldn't be a first choice/back-up given Rafael's injury record.

Rafael can start if fit, and when not, the back-up can come in therefore they will most likely both play around 20-25+ games, it will be ideal if the back-up could also play LB as we only have Shaw for that position with Rojo (a CB) who can cover there.

ZDwyr

Rafael is clearly United standard. Cannot believe people question his ability. I get his injuries are frustrating and IF we were to sell him it would be because of that, cannot be a lack of talent.

Trizy

Feel sorry for brilliant players like Rafael who keep getting injured without it being their fault. Frustrating for both parties but still my favorite United player though :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.