Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
freshly 25 years old , younger than Darmian, a couple of seasons ago best right back in the premier league, proven player but injury prone, he was quite unlucky last term, broken cheek and ribs is something which doesn't happen to you often. Never has a problem to play straight away, without need to get into form which is valuable asset and for that reason I feel it would be unwise selling him now.. He should stay and fight for his place.
I have a feeling he'll stay, RBs will be Darmian/Rafael, LBs Shaw/Blind/Darmian with Valencia playing on the wings again.

NotQuiteManc

He is more attacking while Darmian is more defensive. Two different type of players with different statistics in terms of physical. Could be utilised for different tactics and games. Hope he won't be sold. Perhaps there is a capable 'backup' waiting in the youth team, but 'til then hope he stays.

Roman Bellic

Prick
He is more attacking while Darmian is more defensive. Two different type of players with different statistics in terms of physical. Could be utilised for different tactics and games. Hope he won't be sold. Perhaps there is a capable 'backup' waiting in the youth team, but 'til then hope he stays.
Tony V?

Drifter

American
Glad to hear that he wants to stay and fight.But I'm not sure LVG will give him that chance.

settembrini

He's been one of my favourite players since he joined us but I'd be amazed if he was here next season.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Really don't want him to leave, he deserves more of a chance than lvg has given him so far. We should be keeping him and darmian as our next 2 rb for years.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Really don't want him to leave, he deserves more of a chance than lvg has given him so far. We should be keeping him and darmian as our next 2 rb for years.
why? He's been failing to deliver for the past few years

Adam-Utd

why? He's been failing to deliver for the past few years
That's just not true. His performances have been fine, he's just had a few untimely injuries. He definitely has a higher level than Valencia showed all last year.

Roman Bellic

Prick
That's just not true. His performances have been fine, he's just had a few untimely injuries. He definitely has a higher level than Valencia showed all last year.
Yes, but he hasn't been shown us that "higher level" in 2 seasons

devilish

He hasnt produced the goods on a regular rate for years. We are a football club and not a clinic

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
He hasnt produced the goods on a regular rate for years. We are a football club and not a clinic

If you had been in charge of Barca, Xavi and Iniesta would have been gone long before 2008, while Pique would never have been brought back.

Adam-Utd

He was our 2nd best player in fergies last year, and arguably our best performing player under Moyes. Yes this year he's struggled but he's hardly been given a chance so far.

devilish

If you had been in charge of Barca, Xavi and Iniesta would have been gone long before 2008, while Pique would never have been brought back.
Hes rarely available. Im glad we are showing him the door. Hes as overrated as the new cafu at cardiff

Smores

He's far too good to be letting go at his age. At some point we will need to get rid of him if he doesn't ever show an inability to stay for but that time isn't now.

You'd think his drop in form was monumental going by some here. He still was one of our better players ever time he played.

Brophs

The One and Only
I like Rafael but if he was genuinely as good as we say on here he wouldn't be linked with these sorts of clubs, given that he has a year left on his deal. I think he'll be one that floats around Europe for another few years and then heads off home.

Roman Bellic

Prick
I like Rafael but if he was genuinely as good as we say on here he wouldn't be linked with these sorts of clubs, given that he has a year left on his deal. I think he'll be one that floats around Europe for another few years and then heads off home.
This.

devilish

He will become the new Cafu of fenerbache just as his brother became the new roberto carlos of cardiff. We just love hyping our crocked homegrown talent

shivab

i think hes being sold for his lack of fitness not lack of ability. he'll end up in serie A in a season or two and do well there i imagine/hope. too mentally strong to run back to brazil with his tail between his legs.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
It’s really hard to believe some people think he will stay. There is no need for 3 right backs, especially as our number two is never injured and physical beast, and our number one is still young.
At this moment he is so low in pecking order that he just needs to leave for his own sake. I am extremely happy with the thought of actual right back who can play consistently week in week out, even if he isn’t as good offensively as Rafael.

Ainu

Surprised at how many want him to stay. Why should we keep giving chances to players we can't rely on? LvG isn't messing about with players he doesn't see a future for at the club and I like that about him. A trait Fergie definitely had lost in his latter years.

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?
Surprised at how many want him to stay. Why should we keep giving chances to players we can't rely on? LvG isn't messing about with players he doesn't see a future for at the club and I like that about him. A trait Fergie definitely had lost in his latter years.
I'm not that surprised in all honesty, he seems to be one of the more popular players on here with quite a few willing to defend him whereas Valencia gets given a ton of shit for any mistakes he makes and not much praise even if he plays well. Look at his thread after the Arsenal FA Cup game, people saying he should never play again due to that miss hit back pass. Rafael has been our best right back for a while now but the gap between him and Tony is overstated in my opinion and it sounds pretty harsh because he's been a decent player for us but once Darmian gets going next season I don't think he'll be that badly missed.

POF

It really is amazing how when something is repeated often enough it is deemed fact. Opinions are subjective but "Rafael has been crap for 2 years" is just wrong. He was actually one of United's most creative players under Moyes and look at the average rating he had last season - far higher than Valencia (one that is lower than it should be after the Leicester knee jerk). After ending the season on a low ebb the "he had a crap season" comments are just lazy.

When on the pitch he has been excellent. He will leave United because he plays instinctively and doesn't suit a possession game that LVG favours. He will find a club that suits him better and will do well. It is a shame because he was tailor made for United under the old regime.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Hes rarely available. Im glad we are showing him the door. Hes as overrated as the new cafu at cardiff
He's shown a higher top level at RB than any of our other options, and I would say, anyone in the PL outside Ivanovic. He was progressing steadily and had a great 2012/13 season, his injuries came back next year and became worse this year, and it didn't help that his coaches didn't trust him.

Darmian is untested and I would trust Rafael to be a better backup and better competition than Valencia (we can always play Young there if they do actually get injured together)

Again, as a Barca executive, would you have kicked out the 19 year old Messi simply for being injury-prone? A young Iniesta for not delivering on his potential? Xavi for stagnating and playing second fiddle to Deco? Pique for not making the United team?

I'm not saying Rafael is comparable to any of these players; I'm saying he has shown enough to be kept ahead of Valencia. Unfortunately, I know it is not going to happen.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
With Darmian joining he will definitely get the starting RB spot with his level of ability. One backup is enough and I think Valencia will fulfill that role. Sadly Rafael like many Brazilians before him has so far been riddled with injuries which has meant that he only had 1 full consistent season with our club in which he showed ability to be one of the best right backs anywhere. It's a shame but football is ruthless and like van Persie, we can't keep players that are only fit for half a season.

devilish

He's shown a higher top level at RB than any of our other options, and I would say, anyone in the PL outside Ivanovic. He was progressing steadily and had a great 2012/13 season, his injuries came back next year and became worse this year, and it didn't help that his coaches didn't trust him.

Darmian is untested and I would trust Rafael to be a better backup and better competition than Valencia (we can always play Young there if they do actually get injured together)

Again, as a Barca executive, would you have kicked out the 19 year old Messi simply for being injury-prone? A young Iniesta for not delivering on his potential? Xavi for stagnating and playing second fiddle to Deco? Pique for not making the United team?

I'm not saying Rafael is comparable to any of these players; I'm saying he has shown enough to be kept ahead of Valencia. Unfortunately, I know it is not going to happen.
Darmian is a regular italian international who kept both baines and clyne in his pockets. Just because he didnt spent most of his career at uniteds clinic that doesnt mean that hes untested.

If hes so good then he will end up at a great side as quality rightbacks are in demand. Lets see if other managers share your opinion about him. The other coming of the christ ended up erm at cardiff

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Darmian is a regular italian international who kept both baines and clyne in his pockets. Just because he didnt spent most of his career at uniteds clinic that doesnt mean that hes untested.

If hes so good then he will end up at a great side as quality rightbacks are in demand. Lets see if other managers share your opinion about him. The other coming of the christ ended up erm at cardiff
I've seen a bit of Darmian for Italy and I like him.
I also liked what I saw of di Maria at Madrid and Falcao at Atletico...

Robbie Boy

I can't believe people still think he's staying. Did last season not happen or something? What am I missing? Some of you lot obviously rate him but LvG clearly doesn't.

devilish

I've seen a bit of Darmian for Italy and I like him.
I also liked what I saw of di Maria at Madrid and Falcao at Atletico...
I liked di maria even at United altough theres room for improvement. Falcaos injuries ruined him.

acnumber9

Then why not compare him to players he is comparable to?

Status
Not open for further replies.