Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Valencia gets lots of yellow cards, this rash nonsense needs to stop. It's quite funny how people don't want to talk about a player who had a tremendous season in our last title winning season because it's ages ago now, and seem to forget how good he was for us that year until shit hit the fan with Moyes, yet they believe other players can rediscover form from 2009/10 :lol:

I miss rafa bombing down the right. So much energy and passion. Valencia pales in comparison but he's a safe player who takes no risks at all.
Even under Moyes, look at our more positive footballing performances, he was pivotal to it.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
So he's going to end up going to Turkey for like 3m. What a waste !

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
You just know wherever he goes he will stay fit forever and become the best RB in the world, and end up at Madrid or Barca :lol:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Such a shame. He's a terrific player when he's fit. Has everything you'd want from a fullback and his natural potential if he could have kept fit should have been super high.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Is Sneijder still at Gala? And is he still denying that he's interested in United...even when nobody's asked him if he's interested in United?

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Is Sneijder still at Gala? And is he still denying that he's interested in United...even when nobody's asked him if he's interested in United?
Some journo saw him on the street yesterday and said hello, and he immidiately said:

"No, I will not swap clubs with Rafael."

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
You just know wherever he goes he will stay fit forever and become the best RB in the world, and end up at Madrid or Barca :lol:
I think he will be poor for Galatasaray and will probably end up at some obscure Spanish mid-table side like Cordoba/Levante in 2 years.

Loublaze

ATLien
Well that makes three on their way to Turkey. RVP, Nani and Rafael can still get together and reminisce on the good ol days

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
This sucks. We are going to have to wait for one of the players to write a book until we find out what happened between Rafael and Van Gaal. Hopefully Darmian will be a great signing. I will miss Rafael though he was a fighter.

Santiago_KinderBueno

Santiago Kinder Bannedo
This sucks. We are going to have to wait for one of the players to write a book until we find out what happened between Rafael and Van Gaal. Hopefully Darmian will be a great signing. I will miss Rafael though he was a fighter.
I just think van gaal wants our fullbacks to be more influential in our build up play and not just crazily run with the ball before they cross or shoot. Someone dribbling like that disrupts the whole teams movement and passing ranges as a relatively compact team geta spread out.

ricky-romeo

if not for those injuries he would have been our RB for this decade.

sad to see him leaving but at least it is abroad. always prefer to see our ex players leave for another club outside england.

Bojan11

What makes you say something happened?

The guy couldn't stay fit for 2 minutes. That's what happened. LVG has to get rid of the sicknotes in the back line. And he's most likely getting rid of Rafael and Evans, which make the most sense.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
What makes you say something happened?

The guy couldn't stay fit for 2 minutes. That's what happened. LVG has to get rid of the sicknotes in the back line. And he's most likely getting rid of Rafael and Evans, which make the most sense.
He was fit when he lost his place to Valencia. And was fit for months playing in u-21 matches when he was ribs were broken from a kick.

Bojan11

He was fit when he lost his place to Valencia. And was fit for months playing in u-21 matches when he was ribs were broken from a kick.
Are you serious arguing that Rafael is injury free? The guy is not reliable. He's had one season in like five for us, where he has managed to be injury free. How are we supposed to build a defence on that? Vidic, Rio and Evra at their peak were constants in the team. We need to get back to that rather than our defenders playing musical chairs.

When he came back from his broken cheekbone, he got injured again after that. I can't believe people are suggesting something happened. Van Gaal is being ruthless, which is what Fergie should have done in his last few years with the sicknotes.

Jones and Smalling will stay as they signed new contracts. There is just no place for Rafael or Evans. We need to sign players who don't get injured every two weeks.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
From his facebook

'A new season start. Let's keeping fighting.'

That's the spirit, would love him to stay even though it looks as though he could be off.

bucky

From his facebook

'A new season start. Let's keeping fighting.'

That's the spirit, would love him to stay even though it looks as though he could be off.
Well, this is equivalent to Memphis liking "Welcome to Liverpool" comment on his page, but Rafael has liked the "Please don't go" comment. There you go.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Since were signing Darmian I am happy for Rafa to stay and fight for his place. If he leaves however its no biggie.

krazyrobus

I really do hope he stays and fights for his place. Still embodies our utd spirit more than any other player.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Such a likeable player but if injuries are going to keep him in and out of the side long-term, it wouldn't be the worst idea for him to go into an environment with less pressure.

I think Nani is an example. He played with freedom last season and benefitted from it, and should carry on in the same vein in Turkey.

Would prefer him to stay and fight for the spot as he is clearly extremely talented, but wouldn't be averse to him making the move for the sake of his career.

Jerch

Ahh he doesn't have problems with pressure. It was all about injuries in the last two seasons. I still hope he can have a good tour and do a Young. It would be such a shame if we would sell him because i think he can be still a very good player for us.

Just two years ago he played 40 games in one season so it is clear he can stay injury free. Even in Moyes season he collected 28 apperances in one season. Last season he was really unlucky with his injuries early on and when he came back the team were working reasonable well and i think the only reason he didn't get back in the first team is because LVG didn't want to risk things. Similar reason why Di Maria didn't get a lot of opportunities either.
But he had unlucky impact injuries (like broken cheekbone itd).

I hope and believe LVG will give him opportunity to prove himself before deciding to sell him.

And to everyone who want Rafael to be sold a little reminder:

m1y2

freshly 25 years old , younger than Darmian, a couple of seasons ago best right back in the premier league, proven player but injury prone, he was quite unlucky last term, broken cheek and ribs is something which doesn't happen to you often. Never has a problem to play straight away, without need to get into form which is valuable asset and for that reason I feel it would be unwise selling him now.. He should stay and fight for his place.

Status
Not open for further replies.