Raheem Sterling

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Is there any difference between him, Shawn wright phillips and aaron lennon? So useless

Fener1907

Plenty of pace but he doesn't seem to know what to do when he gets himself into a good position. Reminded me a bit of Lennon. Granted, I may have just caught a few of his bad moments.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Whole team played well apart from this scouse citeh shitbag - utter wank the whole game

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Absolutely useless, shouldn't have started this game after a poor season domestically.

Yagami

Good post resistant
It'll be funny when Woy inevitably starts him in the next game. Not funny in the "haha" way, but funny in the "kill me now" way.

I doubt he'll get dropped so we'll just have to hope he improves. He can't put in a worse performance than that, can he?

Minimalist

Not quite as awful as Theo Walcott but he's in that category based on recent performances. So brain-dead with his decisions tonight.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Thought he was alright tonight :nervous: Made some good runs but lacked end-product. 5/6 out of 10, needs to improve but do not think he was poor enough to merit the responses in this thread.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Thought he was alright tonight :nervous: Made some good runs but lacked end-product. 5/6 out of 10, needs to improve but do not think he was poor enough to merit the responses in this thread.
I get what you are saying but making good runs is great, but when you do nothing with the ball, he'd have been better off not running at all

Edit: I am actually quite a fan and think he has potential and was gutted when you bought him to be honest. I still think he has potential

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
No end product at all. Selfish and clumbsy on the ball most of the time. Would much rather Vardy or Sturridge playing.

Skills

Snitch
He's not even that quick. Walcott and Lennon can tear a full back to shreds when they're on it.

BlueCelery

Supports
Chelsea
Unfair criticism. He was poor yes, but he's still only 21. Had a better game than Kane & Alli. Woy did him no favours keeping him on for so long when he was clearly playing without confidence.

He was the best player on the pitch for the opening 30-35 minutes but faded badly. Anyone claiming he's gash or brainless is completely bereft of any football knowledge. Very good talent who should vastly improve under Guardiola's tutelage.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
A shit Shaun Wright Phillips. So, basically Bradley Wright Phillips.

Stacks of pace but can't beat his man, can't finish, the decision he makes is nearly always the wrong one. Is he the best winger England have? Honestly think Lingard would have been a better option, or even Michail Antonio.

Skills

Snitch
A shit Shaun Wright Phillips. So, basically Bradley Wright Phillips.

Stacks of pace but can't beat his man, can't finish, the decision he makes is nearly always the wrong one. Is he the best winger England have? Honestly think Lingard would have been a better option, or even Michail Antonio.
There isn't really. He couldn't break away their full back once even when he got past him. Always had to stop midway. If that was Walcott or Lennon they would've broken clear easily.

Deleted member 101472

Young England player surrounded by mainly other young English players in poor performance shocker

England are fecking shite. Have been for a long time , will be for a long time to come .

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Unfair criticism. He was poor yes, but he's still only 21. Had a better game than Kane & Alli. Woy did him no favours keeping him on for so long when he was clearly playing without confidence.

He was the best player on the pitch for the opening 30-35 minutes but faded badly. Anyone claiming he's gash or brainless is completely bereft of any football knowledge. Very good talent who should vastly improve under Guardiola's tutelage.
This.
The over reaction on the caf after a loss. :wenger:

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Walcott v2.0
Walcott is a good finisher when he's at it, Sterling is as dangerous as a kitten with a clew. Diabolical performance and I really hope he's benched against Wales for England's sake, absolutely fuming they couldn't beat the ruskies.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Spending too much time with Jesus Navas, might actually be turning into him. Runs down wing, gets to full back. Take him on? Nope, early cross? Nope. Turn backwards and find the fullback? Occasionally, Kick the ball against the closest defender which will lead to a counter attack or "win" your team a throw? Sounds like a plan.

Reactions: Rood

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I used to rate him quite highly but in matches like these it's starting to become clear he has a lot of limitations. He cannot pass, shoot, and whilst he's very quick he doesn't really beat his man convincingly.

GloryHunter07

Piss poor end product. Townsend might be feeling he couldve contributed significantly more. Welbeck wiuldve probably started if fit aswell.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
This.
It really isnt.

He was quite poor the whole game. Saw plenty of the ball and did nothing with it. Hes the man a lot is expected of, but he really doesnt contribute with much.

In fact, im struggling to think of what hes done at international level?

BlueCelery

Supports
Chelsea
Since he's nowhere near the finished article obviously. But yes let's throw one of the younger players who plays the most difficult position on the pitch under the bus because of a poor 2nd half.

Anything but.
Nonsense. He's the lone scapegoat for yet another England failure. Not the great white hope Kane who was utterly gash, Alli who was atrocious, Lallana who missed the best chances we created or Rose who got bullied for the winner.

He faded badly in the 2nd half but that's what substitutions are for. The fraud in charge should've taken him off 60 minutes in when he lost all confidence.

Yagami

Good post resistant
This.
Even if we had seen out the game and won, I, as well as most I'm sure, would still be criticising him. His performance was atrocious regardless of the result.

Skills

Snitch
It really isnt.

He was quite poor the whole game. Saw plenty of the ball and did nothing with it. Hes the man a lot is expected of, but he really doesnt contribute with much.

In fact, im struggling to think of what hes done at international level?
One off target shot against Italy?

Status
Not open for further replies.