Raheem Sterling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
He shouldn't have gone to City. He will never be the main man like he was at Liverpool. Next seasons really big for him because he needs to establish himself again. They spent 50 million on him but he was a better player at Liverpool. They look to KDB for creativity so I don't think he suits them at all. He would have been better at United but life is cruel to him. Being a United fan,...finding yourself at Liverpool and then City....ouch.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
he played his best football at "no 10" in the slippy season.....
Didn't he drift in like Silva used to do and Mata for us?

I remember his best times as a Liverpool player was beating his man and creating havoc in the box.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
He shouldn't have gone to City. He will never be the main man like he was at Liverpool. Next seasons really big for him because he needs to establish himself again. They spent 50 million on him but he was a better player at Liverpool. They look to KDB for creativity so I don't think he suits them at all. He would have been better at United but life is cruel to him. Being a United fan,...finding yourself at Liverpool and then City....ouch.
Wait and see. Although I agree from this point in time he will be very different under guardiola. He is the ideal english talent for pep.

Bojan11

Wait and see. Although I agree from this point in time he will be very different under guardiola. He is the ideal english talent for pep.
He'd be getting the Gotze treatment under Pep.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Didn't he drift in like Silva used to do and Mata for us?

I remember his best times as a Liverpool player was beating his man and creating havoc in the box.
he probably started few times from the wing but most of the time(specially after Suarez got back) he played behind the strikers and thats where he was at his best(still not good enough for the top club IMO).

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Getting absolutely destroyed on the bluemoon forum. Been going on for a while it seems, the depay thread seems nothing compared to the massacre going on in that sterling topic.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I used to rate him as England's best talent but compared with Martial, there's a gulf in class.

Ludens the Red

He has this uncanny knack of screwing up the final bit of a move even when it looks impossible to do so.
That seems to be his biggest problem, not sure how Guardiola is going to stop that happening.
He did it at Liverpool a lot and he's just carried it on at city.
He's better than he's showing atm but he's definitely gone backwards since leaving Liverpool.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Flop of the season, surely? Liverpool fans must be loving it
Well yeah it's him or Depay. I think Sterling has had a couple of good CL games a little earlier in the season and somehow scored a hat-trick this season so he probably edges it.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
He has this uncanny knack of screwing up the final bit of a move even when it looks impossible to do so.
That seems to be his biggest problem, not sure how Guardiola is going to stop that happening.
He did it at Liverpool a lot and he's just carried it on at city.
He's better than he's showing atm but he's definitely gone backwards since leaving Liverpool.
His final ball and open goal misses (e.g. Man Utd game, 5 clean shots at De Gea, 5 misses) were absolutely soul destroying. To not only get rid of him but also get £44m (won't get the rest of the clause money obviously) is great for the bank balance and the soul. It had been warned at the time too.

On the other hand I'm beginning to concede that KdB may be the real deal.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Flop of the season, surely? Liverpool fans must be loving it
Not especially. He'd still make a big difference for us and I still think he will come good for them.

It's way premature to call him a flop.

That said, I do think he'd be and become a much better player if he had stayed.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
I used to rate him as England's best talent but compared with Martial, there's a gulf in class.
Says more about England's young talent imo. A year or two later and you look at somebody like Dele Alli and it just highlights how woeful Sterling really is. His ball control is terrible, his finishing is terrible, what does he have going for him besides being English and being young? If he were French (and Martial is perfect proof of this) he'd be absolutely slaughtered. United/Martial were ridiculed for his price tag yet you watch him play and he's outstanding. You watch Sterling play and he's so poor.

I'd have said Luke Shaw was England's best talent but tbh who knows how he'll return after the injury. Some guys are never quite the same and others you wouldn't know they'd ever suffered such a bad injury.

Hammerfell

The thing that shocks me about Sterling is his complete inability to kick a football properly. It's like he's never seen one before.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The thing that shocks me about Sterling is his complete inability to kick a football properly. It's like he's never seen one before.
A bit like Anderson's shooting. Its strange seeing a professional footballer have such awful technique when kicking a ball.

redmeister

Probably Memphis or Benteke to be fair.
To be fair Benteke hasn't been anywhere near as bad as has been made out. He just hasn't been picked much as he doesn't suit Klopps style. But even so, given the rate at which he's found the net when he's been playing, he'd still have scored around 18 goals in the Prem if he'd been a regular starter. He's never going to be an effective presser or particularly good on the ball, but that's just not his game. He's scored 8 goals in 1324 mins, which is almost identical to the goals per minute of Lukaku this season. Lukaku isn't exactly much of a presser or good on the ball, yet based on this seasons form, he's been spoken of as £50 million plus player. I wouldn't want us to sign Benteke, but I don't think Lukaku would be any better for us or any top 4/5 team (bar Leicester.)

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
He has a lot of talent. I think Pep will find a way for him to show it consistently.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Raheem Sterling was City's best player during the CL group stages. And I know on here a player is only as good as their last match but, Sterling had a season just as good as Dele Alli's season this year two seasons ago. Wait until it is Alli's turn to feel the backlash every young English player gets here.

MDFC Manager

It's way premature to call him a flop
He's got the talent, which is why I'm only calling him flop of the season. He's got plenty of time to come good in the future.

Well yeah it's him or Depay. I think Sterling has had a couple of good CL games a little earlier in the season and somehow scored a hat-trick this season so he probably edges it.
But we've also got to factor in the circumstances, no? Sterling was a league proven player, moving to the second best team in the land.

Tarrou

A bit like Welbeck, he seems to be great at getting in behind on the left channel, but absolutely useless at making anything from those situations. Should be working on strengthening his left foot shooting and crossing so he isn't so predictable. When KDB gets some space down the left, he has a great left footed cross in his skill-set to call upon, whereas Sterling just cuts inside pretty much every time. And does feck all with it.

Red Stone

Exciting sometimes, but largely just wasteful and shit. I don't think he'll ever develop his game enough to be a good player. He seems stuck in 17-year-old Mode. Too brainless and he struggles to weight his passes.

Zoo

Better then has been at City but he's not good enough in the opposition box and can't ever see him justifying that price tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.