Raiola: "I can say that it's over for Pogba at United"

SuperiorXI

The timing of the announcement was key, it’s turned fans and maybe staff against PP now. Now Jabba can go to Ed and demand he’s let go from a club where he’s not wanted or appreciated. I hope Ed tells them both to feck off and find a new club that’s willing to pay.

unfortunately I cannot see any club willing to pay transfer fee, salary and huge agent salary. It’s just not feasible anymore.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
The timing of the announcement was key, it’s turned fans and maybe staff against PP now. Now Jabba can go to Ed and demand he’s let go from a club where he’s not wanted or appreciated. I hope Ed tells them both to feck off and find a new club that’s willing to pay.

unfortunately I cannot see any club willing to pay transfer fee, salary and huge agent salary. It’s just not feasible anymore.

ThinkTank@Cafe

Sounds like despair. United is in much better situation in terms of players than in 2013-2019, Pogba, on the contrary is seen as liability by fans, media and other clubs. Raiola leverage is much weaker as a result.

Chief123

There’s been no renouncement from Pogba and if we don’t get one it’ll send out a clear message,”I’m bigger than the club.”
It doesn’t even matter if we get one or not.

There is absolutely no way Raiola is saying those comments without Pogbas approval or blessing.

If Pogba really didn’t like what Raiola is saying, he would sack him immediately. Pogba is being very clever by letting Raiola do his talking.

We’ve always felt held to ransom with Pogba cause he used to be our best player. Bruno has been a huge blessing. Much bigger than Pogba has ever been.

Pogba can just feck off now. He probably doesn’t like the fact he’s no longer the main man. He’s all about himself and the limelight. While he was out injured not many people actually gave a crap.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
That’s why you hire Jose, to keep the crazy egos in check. How do any other top club manage? Jose tried to crack the whip and Pogba got him fired. Now his agent is going on about the next manager? They don’t have a leg to stand on. As I said it’ll be because we either make an underwhelming offer or have refused to make an offer up to this point. He simply doesn’t deserve a huge improved deal so it’s best for all parties to settle up and move on. No dramas. I’ll be glad to see the back of this particular sideshow
Yes, Jose was 100% right about him, after defending him to the hilt for a year and a half. He's a toxic piece of shit. Raiola is just a vile instrument. And we should never deal with him again. Pogba is on 290K a week. He's given us performances, by and large, worthy of a 100K player, if you ignore all the circus which has definitely made this a terrible deal all around.

I will feel the same way about Pogba, once he fecks off, the way most on here feel about Jose. I'll look forward to seeing him fail elsewhere and be hated by his new set of fans.

That post from him is another sign of how incredibly immature he is. World class ability, maturity of a teenager. What he's said over his time here is shows he thinks he's far better than he actually is - comes to mind that bit where he said Messi wasn't criticised for walking during matches. He's a Peter Pan.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
We are not powerless in this scenario. The club needs to go to Raiola and say "We want £75m for him. You are his agent and have been drumming up interest, so make it happen."

If we get an offer in line with our demands then great, ship him off.

If we dont get a reasonable offer however, we have various options. My option is to send him home on gardening leave, and leave him there for the next 18 months until his contract runs out. He and his agent need to be made an example of. We need to show the world that Manchester United will not be messed about and screwed over by greedy players or cretinous agents. It is a reputational thing.

From Pogba's point of view, what does he probably want more than anything? To play for France in the 2022 World Cup. If we let him rot at home (not even in the reserves) for 18 months, it massively jeopardizes his chances of being picked for France - especially with the talent they have coming through. Pogba will be 29 when the WC comes around, and so it is probably his last chance to play for France at his top level.

Lets be clear - we wouldnt be doing this out of spite, we would be doing it because frankly he is a bad influence around the club and a disruptive member of the dressing room. We would also be doing it to make a statement that greedy agents and disruptive players will not be tolerated. Maybe if he sacks his agent and signs a new contract (probably with a slight pay cut) then he can be given another chance, but his ego definitely needs to be checked right now.

It may cost us a few quid, but what are the alternatives? That we accept a lowball offer? Hell no. Not only does that hand the victory to Pogba/Raiola, but it sets an incredibly dangerous precedent and shows the club to be weak. We will just continue to be taken advantage of this way until we draw a line and say "No."

Again - the club holds power here. Letting Pogba rot at home would send a very powerful statement and frankly, pretty much the entire footballing world right now appears to have come out on our side. I havent seen anyone giving much sympathy to Poor Paul Pogba. If Pogba and his loud mouthed agent are so desperate for him to get a move in January, then they can sort out a reasonable fee for us and everyone is happy. Otherwise, make an example out of them.

El Zoido

It doesn’t even matter if we get one or not.

There is absolutely no way Raiola is saying those comments without Pogbas approval or blessing.

If Pogba really didn’t like what Raiola is saying, he would sack him immediately. Pogba is being very clever by letting Raiola do his talking.

We’ve always felt held to ransom with Pogba cause he used to be our best player. Bruno has been a huge blessing. Much bigger than Pogba has ever been.

Pogba can just feck off now. He probably doesn’t like the fact he’s no longer the main
man. He’s all about himself and the limelight. While he was out injured not many people actually gave a crap.
I very much doubt Raiola briefs Pogba before making these comments. He says what he wants, when he wants.

Pogba should denounce him, but he won’t.

SAFMUTD

The club should make an statement saying we wont work with Raiola, he's only that powerful because clubs let him so.

Most clubs dont like dealing with him and basically we only need the big clubs to shut him the doors and he's finished. Players wont sign with him if they know that means you're closing the door in a bunch of top clubs.

romufc

I wonder if Raiola has got a club lined up or is he just trying to get clubs interested?

I dont know how he fits into the Juve team? They have Ramsey, Rabiot, Arthur, Mckennie, Betancur all who play central either oh high wages or very good youngsters. Then if they want to play as Pogba in a free role, doesn't Dybala play that? I dont get where he fits in.

Are they buying Pogba for the sake of it?

Raiola really needs to stop talking in the media and start working on finding him a club. It's better for him to go find him a club so that he can actually leave in the next window.

Member 101269

Agreed; there are clubs willing to spend (Chelsea.. PSG?) it probably will diminish further as finances get worse.

TrueRed79

Both Pogba and Raiola are cnuts, and wholly deserving of each other. Pogba has had issues with every manager he has played under, (except INT) as he has had to adapt. He holds himself in too high a regard when he is actually 100% dispensable at Utd. He has already been replaced, so now it's a case of numbers in the right positions.
I've hated him since before the derby a few years ago, when he was offered to Pep by Raiola and he dyed his hair in city colours. Who in their right mind does that? It's all about himself and his massive ego. Ta ra you wank4r.

Khalif_20

Both Pogba and Raiola are cnuts, and wholly deserving of each other. Pogba has had issues with every manager he has played under, (except INT) as he has had to adapt. He holds himself in too high a regard when he is actually 100% dispensable at Utd. He has already been replaced, so now it's a case of numbers in the right positions.
I've hated him since before the derby a few years ago, when he was offered to Pep by Raiola and he dyed his hair in city colours. Who in their right mind does that? It's all about himself and his massive ego. Ta ra you wank4r.
What an ignorant statement. Paul never had any issues outside United - he's hero of the French NT, beloved by Conte and Allegri (both known disciplinarians) who won many trophies with him, and now desperately wanted back at Juve by Pirlo, their sporting director and even the club owner himself. And obviously Zidane needs Paul to save the sinking ship in Madrid.

Really makes one think - if you consider all of the facts above - it's rather strange that Paul is only alienated and vilified at United, hm...

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
Have said it for a couple of years now. Get the overpriced, egotistical, underperforming virus out of the club. I'd be amazed if we got 40 mill, if we did, I'd laugh all the way to the bank.

Surely .. even on the caf, he can't have many fans left?
You underestimating caf.

McTerminator

I would comment more on the latest Pogba news, but I think Jamie Carragher summed it up perfectly when they discussed it on sky.

He isn't worth the hassle, get rid asap for as much as possible.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I very much doubt Raiola briefs Pogba before making these comments. He says what he wants, when he wants.

Pogba should denounce him, but he won’t.
You very much doubt Raiola speaks to his clients who employ him for millions of pound? :houllier: He says what his clients what, when they want. Hence why they fecking pay him.

Seriously, how fecking stupid are some people?

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic

:lol:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We are not powerless in this scenario. The club needs to go to Raiola and say "We want £75m for him. You are his agent and have been drumming up interest, so make it happen."

If we get an offer in line with our demands then great, ship him off.

If we dont get a reasonable offer however, we have various options. My option is to send him home on gardening leave, and leave him there for the next 18 months until his contract runs out. He and his agent need to be made an example of. We need to show the world that Manchester United will not be messed about and screwed over by greedy players or cretinous agents. It is a reputational thing.

From Pogba's point of view, what does he probably want more than anything? To play for France in the 2022 World Cup. If we let him rot at home (not even in the reserves) for 18 months, it massively jeopardizes his chances of being picked for France - especially with the talent they have coming through. Pogba will be 29 when the WC comes around, and so it is probably his last chance to play for France at his top level.

Lets be clear - we wouldnt be doing this out of spite, we would be doing it because frankly he is a bad influence around the club and a disruptive member of the dressing room. We would also be doing it to make a statement that greedy agents and disruptive players will not be tolerated. Maybe if he sacks his agent and signs a new contract (probably with a slight pay cut) then he can be given another chance, but his ego definitely needs to be checked right now.

It may cost us a few quid, but what are the alternatives? That we accept a lowball offer? Hell no. Not only does that hand the victory to Pogba/Raiola, but it sets an incredibly dangerous precedent and shows the club to be weak. We will just continue to be taken advantage of this way until we draw a line and say "No."

Again - the club holds power here. Letting Pogba rot at home would send a very powerful statement and frankly, pretty much the entire footballing world right now appears to have come out on our side. I havent seen anyone giving much sympathy to Poor Paul Pogba. If Pogba and his loud mouthed agent are so desperate for him to get a move in January, then they can sort out a reasonable fee for us and everyone is happy. Otherwise, make an example out of them.
Agreed, but 2 things are stopping it;

Glazers never want to lose money

Ole respects / is friendly with Pogba and I doubt he would ever be happy with that happening.

I just hope that Raiola has a plan already in place before running his mouth, this could get a lot worse before it gets better.

RedDevil@84

I just hope that Raiola has a plan already in place before running his mouth, this could get a lot worse before it gets better.
This is the plan I believe. To get United to sell him for cheap. Because there are no clubs lining up for him. No one is ready to pay big money for Pogba.

El Zoido

You very much doubt Raiola speaks to his clients who employ him for millions of pound? :houllier: He says what his clients what, when they want. Hence why they fecking pay him.

Seriously, how fecking stupid are some people?
He doesn’t need Pogba’s approval before he speaks, he’s not a child. What a bizarre thing to think.

Amerifan

Rather because he is hated by so many fans. Besides, he wants more on his CV, like many players do. And he does not like the weather. Adulation from fans is freshware.
I never understood the hatred and defended him every chance. But this latest is absurd. He played infrequently last season and contributed little. This season he is consistently upstaged by players working harder and wanting it more.

Now is the time to demonstrate your quality by stepping up and proving your detractors wrong on the pitch. What does he do, he lets his laughable mouthpiece blame the club and push for a transfer. Not good enough to wear our shirt.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He doesn’t need Pogba’s approval before he speaks, he’s not a child. What a bizarre thing to think.
Either that's bizzare thinking or you are too naive. This time, Raiola's comment is not a dig at a club's legend nor the manager. It's bigger than that. He was talking about how Pogba's career is finished at ManUtd. Straightforward with no paraphrasing.

No players would let their agent talk like that if they want to stay or still see value in their current club. What Raiola said was not his intention, it was Pogba's. That's how it works, the doughnut eater did the dirty work for Pogba.

Of course to make such a negative, public comment related to Pogba's employer he would need Pogba's approval.Otherwise agents could ruin players' career if they can tweet whatever freely in relation to the players and the clubs just because "I am a grown up man".

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Of course he needs Pogba’s approval before he speaks affecting Pogba’s career. No one said he’s a child, he’s his fecking employee though. Pogba doesn’t pay him millions to mouth off whatever he wants. You think I don’t need my clients approval before I act on their behalf? What a bizarre thing to think. Aye, I just prepare and file tax returns for my clients without bothering to talk to them. Because why would anyone talk to the people who hire them? Only bizarros get approval from their bosses and those who pay them millions.

Seems like you genuinely are that stupid. The complete delusion to absolve Pogba from anything really breeds morons.

romufc

People who think Raiola is doing this without Pogba's blessing are very naive. Pogba employs Raiola, not the other way round.

People who think this isn't Pogba's view are also naive. Remember when the article about him quitting French football came out? Pogba rubbished those reports within 24 hours.

When an article about him wanting to leave comes out, he posts a story about haircuts as if he has no clue whats going on?

Does he think we are clueless?

El Zoido

Of course he needs Pogba’s approval before he speaks affecting Pogba’s career. No one said he’s a child, he’s his fecking employee though. Pogba doesn’t pay him millions to mouth off whatever he wants. You think I don’t need my clients approval before I act on their behalf? What a bizarre thing to think. Aye, I just prepare and file tax returns for my clients without bothering to talk to them. Because why would anyone talk to the people who hire them? Only bizarros get approval from their bosses and those who pay them millions.

Seems like you genuinely are that stupid. The complete delusion to absolve Pogba from anything really breeds morons.
If this is true Pogba should have his contract terminated with immediate effect. I’m not absolving Pogba, I can’t stand the cnut. He’s worse than Raiola.

romufc

Well when you have people thinking Raiola doesn’t talk to his clients then can you blame him. He’s got his fan base who genuinely actually are clueless, and he knows it.
True. I dont know why people are getting worked up about it. I have accepted the fact Pogba is going for about a year now.

I actually think he is holding back this team. When he is fit we try to fit him and it never works. He upsets the entire balance of the team for what? moments of brilliance every 10 games?

GMoore23

Pogba needs the Schweinsteiger treatment now for allowing this circus just before our most important match of the season. Train with the U23 squad until he's sold and fined a weeks wages everytime he fails to turn up. I'm fed up and fecked off with this shit every season.

FatherWolff

His response to the pig’s statement was making a post on Instagram about his hair. He is right up there with Ravel Morrison. Joke

Fluctuation0161

Yep, he wants to play the Bruno role apparently..

I cannot see Pogba making runs in behind the defenders like Bruno does. I cannot see him carrying a team like Bruno can. I don't see the leadership.

Bruno excels in that role because he leads by example, when he is on the pitch players step up a level.

That influence is something Pogba lacks.
His inconsistency is something you only realise when he plays at your club. If you just watched highlights or the odd big game, you would think he was good.

But in a bad day he gets the most basic fundamentals wrong, from basic passes, positioning, everything.

romufc

His inconsistency is something you only realise when he plays at your club. If you just watched highlights or the odd big game, you would think he was good.

But in a bad day he gets the most basic fundamentals wrong, from basic passes, positioning, everything.
He is a classic example of a youtube footballer. For the talent he has, wow has he wasted it. It just shows how much mentality makes a difference.

Could you imagine if he has the winning mentality of a CR7?

Falcow

If we lose tonight then I would let him go in January. Cut our loses and off with him.

If we go through however we should keep him till the summer. We will need his quality if we progress in the CL.

sp_107

Idiots, they know how important this week for us but for them the main agenda is just themselves.

I wish we sold him long time back when Paris came in with 100M offer.