Raiola: "I can say that it's over for Pogba at United"

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Pogba needs the Schweinsteiger treatment now for allowing this circus just before our most important match of the season. Train with the U23 squad until he's sold and fined a weeks wages everytime he fails to turn up. I'm fed up and fecked off with this shit every season.
That's exactly what I'd want to see. Someone suggested gardening leave, but that's a reward. U23s and use every single occasion possible (within the law) to fine him if he fails to turn up, misbehaves, etc. There is no way he'll be happy doing that for a year and a half, with the Euros in that same time period.

And wash our hands off Raiola and make a statement to the effect that we'll never do any business with him again.

sp_107

Have said it for a couple of years now. Get the overpriced, egotistical, underperforming virus out of the club. I'd be amazed if we got 40 mill, if we did, I'd laugh all the way to the bank.

Surely .. even on the caf, he can't have many fans left?
I really agree with Jose here.

TrustInOle

In no way is this a defence on Pogba's behalf, if anyone take it that way, but it wouldn't surprise me if Raiola gets his clients contract bound, would be fairly difficult to go against him if the only way to sack him would be out your own pocket.

RedDevil@84

but it wouldn't surprise me if Raiola gets his clients contract bound, would be fairly difficult to go against him if the only way to sack him would be out your own pocket
Of course he would. It is a two way street.
It would be stupid to yield too much power to client. He will feck you.

TrustInOle

Of course he would. It is a two way street.
It would be stupid to yield too much power to client. He will feck you.
Would explain in confidence in opening his mouth at any given moment. Not entirely sure how agents work, was just a thought that popped into my head. Regardless if this is the case Pogba should own the responsibility for once, truly shocking on the eve of our two biggest games of the season.

RedDevil@84

Would explain in confidence in opening his mouth at any given moment. Not entirely sure how agents work, was just a thought that popped into my head. Regardless if this is the case Pogba should own the responsibility for once, truly shocking on the eve of our two biggest games of the season.
Raiola has premium clients. So of course he is like the king of agents. And he would mouth off as it pleases him. But from a fan point of view, the least I expect is for Pogba to come out and distance himself from his agent's words. Not necessarily fire him on the spot.

Hammondo

We are not powerless in this scenario. The club needs to go to Raiola and say "We want £75m for him. You are his agent and have been drumming up interest, so make it happen."

If we get an offer in line with our demands then great, ship him off.

If we dont get a reasonable offer however, we have various options. My option is to send him home on gardening leave, and leave him there for the next 18 months until his contract runs out. He and his agent need to be made an example of. We need to show the world that Manchester United will not be messed about and screwed over by greedy players or cretinous agents. It is a reputational thing.

From Pogba's point of view, what does he probably want more than anything? To play for France in the 2022 World Cup. If we let him rot at home (not even in the reserves) for 18 months, it massively jeopardizes his chances of being picked for France - especially with the talent they have coming through. Pogba will be 29 when the WC comes around, and so it is probably his last chance to play for France at his top level.

Lets be clear - we wouldnt be doing this out of spite, we would be doing it because frankly he is a bad influence around the club and a disruptive member of the dressing room. We would also be doing it to make a statement that greedy agents and disruptive players will not be tolerated. Maybe if he sacks his agent and signs a new contract (probably with a slight pay cut) then he can be given another chance, but his ego definitely needs to be checked right now.

It may cost us a few quid, but what are the alternatives? That we accept a lowball offer? Hell no. Not only does that hand the victory to Pogba/Raiola, but it sets an incredibly dangerous precedent and shows the club to be weak. We will just continue to be taken advantage of this way until we draw a line and say "No."

Again - the club holds power here. Letting Pogba rot at home would send a very powerful statement and frankly, pretty much the entire footballing world right now appears to have come out on our side. I havent seen anyone giving much sympathy to Poor Paul Pogba. If Pogba and his loud mouthed agent are so desperate for him to get a move in January, then they can sort out a reasonable fee for us and everyone is happy. Otherwise, make an example out of them.
We are never getting 75m for him.

TrustInOle

Raiola has premium clients. So of course he is like the king of agents. And he would mouth off as it pleases him. But from a fan point of view, the least I expect is for Pogba to come out and distance himself from his agent's words. Not necessarily fire him on the spot.
Quite rightly. It's simply a joke at this point and most likely the turning point for anyone who still wanted him here, myself included.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
A shame this transfer is now officially a flop (unless he scores so many goals in the next months for a trophy in the Premier League or Champions League).

Many are blaming Raiola for his interview in the Tuttosport but the blame-game must be mainly on Pogba.

I saw the many threads about possible swap deals for Pogba but swap deals are so rare in football and that is surely not interest for Raiola.

We will be lucky if we will get £50m for him in the current economy and i only see Juventus, Inter Milan & PSG as realistic options (Barca and Real Madrid have no money for such transfers if we believe the various sources).
A transfer in the next transfer window would be the best for everyone.

Last edited:

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
We are not powerless in this scenario. The club needs to go to Raiola and say "We want £75m for him. You are his agent and have been drumming up interest, so make it happen."

If we get an offer in line with our demands then great, ship him off.

If we dont get a reasonable offer however, we have various options. My option is to send him home on gardening leave, and leave him there for the next 18 months until his contract runs out. He and his agent need to be made an example of. We need to show the world that Manchester United will not be messed about and screwed over by greedy players or cretinous agents. It is a reputational thing.

From Pogba's point of view, what does he probably want more than anything? To play for France in the 2022 World Cup. If we let him rot at home (not even in the reserves) for 18 months, it massively jeopardizes his chances of being picked for France - especially with the talent they have coming through. Pogba will be 29 when the WC comes around, and so it is probably his last chance to play for France at his top level.

Lets be clear - we wouldnt be doing this out of spite, we would be doing it because frankly he is a bad influence around the club and a disruptive member of the dressing room. We would also be doing it to make a statement that greedy agents and disruptive players will not be tolerated. Maybe if he sacks his agent and signs a new contract (probably with a slight pay cut) then he can be given another chance, but his ego definitely needs to be checked right now.

It may cost us a few quid, but what are the alternatives? That we accept a lowball offer? Hell no. Not only does that hand the victory to Pogba/Raiola, but it sets an incredibly dangerous precedent and shows the club to be weak. We will just continue to be taken advantage of this way until we draw a line and say "No."

Again - the club holds power here. Letting Pogba rot at home would send a very powerful statement and frankly, pretty much the entire footballing world right now appears to have come out on our side. I havent seen anyone giving much sympathy to Poor Paul Pogba. If Pogba and his loud mouthed agent are so desperate for him to get a move in January, then they can sort out a reasonable fee for us and everyone is happy. Otherwise, make an example out of them.
Before the 2022WC, there is the Euros in 2021. His best interest is to leave sooner rather than later

Dve

I never understood the hatred and defended him every chance. But this latest is absurd. He played infrequently last season and contributed little. This season he is consistently upstaged by players working harder and wanting it more.

Now is the time to demonstrate your quality by stepping up and proving your detractors wrong on the pitch. What does he do, he lets his laughable mouthpiece blame the club and push for a transfer. Not good enough to wear our shirt.
Honestly, it´s an absolute disgrace and I couldn´t agree more. Pogba is disturbing our preparations for the match tonight, and he should never wear a United shirt again. Unless there is a concrete offer for him on the table, and he is pushing to leave in January, I can´t see how this is helping Pogba either. I´d be gutted if Ole starts him tonight. Actually, I don´t think he will.

TrueRed79

What an ignorant statement. Paul never had any issues outside United - he's hero of the French NT, beloved by Conte and Allegri (both known disciplinarians) who won many trophies with him, and now desperately wanted back at Juve by Pirlo, their sporting director and even the club owner himself. And obviously Zidane needs Paul to save the sinking ship in Madrid.

Really makes one think - if you consider all of the facts above - it's rather strange that Paul is only alienated and vilified at United, hm...
It seems you see one side of the story and i see another. I don't care what he did elsewhere. He's been at Utd long enough to know that he's been a disappointment on the pitch. Then you factor in all the antics between him and his agent. Can't wait to see the back of him.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This is the plan I believe. To get United to sell him for cheap. Because there are no clubs lining up for him. No one is ready to pay big money for Pogba.
Seems that way - but I think it’s very dangerous for him. At this rate he might end up being put out of the team permanently, and not find anybody who’s willing to buy him until a free. I don’t get why he’s so desperate to leave either. I guess he’s unhappy he’s no longer the man at United - I have a feeling the board have refused his demands and now he’s throwing the dummy out.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Ole's task is to make the best of the situation.

Whether that means treating Pogba as a "virus" or not depends entirely on how the player himself functions within the group.

He wants out? That's business.

He's got a shitbag of an agent? Business too, really.

If he still respects the manager and his team mates - well, there you go. Treat him as any other player. Simple enough.

I expect Ole to handle this rationally.

RedDevil@84

I don’t get why he’s so desperate to leave either
Money could be an ambition. And maybe Woodward didn't give him a big money deal he was expecting.
Or another motivation could be wanting to play in a less physical league where he could use his bag of tricks.
Maybe he thinks being at another club will help with his medal tally.
Or maybe he has just had enough. He wants to be the main guy afterall.

There could be hundreds of reasons.

RedDevil@84

If Transfer twitter has taught me anything it's that people who say they have info and may release it later actually know sweet feck all.
Ya. And many journalists and others talk so much. They create news out of nothing depending on the flavour of the day. If everyone is talking about Pogba, then suddenly everyone knows something

diarm

Our biggest match of the season and all anyone wants to talk about is our 5th best midfielder wanting to leave because he's not good enough to get his game. We need to cut the oxygen supply to this celebrity first, football second circus act.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If Transfer twitter has taught me anything it's that people who say they have info and may release it later actually know sweet feck all.
This guy is genuinely ITK

diarm

You are in the wrong thread
I should've been clearer. I wasn't referring to the fact that people were discussing it in here or any of the other 11 Pogba/Raiola related threads created in the last 24 hours.

More the fact that when I read the papers today they were all talking about Pogba - when I spoke to mates today they were discussing Pogba, when I turned on the tv ahead of tonights match, they're discussing Pogba.

Surely coming into this thread to vent my frustration and bemusement was more suitable than creating another one?

RedDevil@84

More the fact that when I read the papers today they were all talking about Pogba - when I spoke to mates today they were discussing Pogba, when I turned on the tv ahead of tonights match, they're discussing Pogba.
Oh of course. Once Raiola opened his mouth, this was definitely going to happen.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
Riola is a cancer, a blight on football, a man who's success is based on others achievements and talent, a slob of a man who, which leaves me to pray for the day the governing bodies of football turn round and say your time is up leech and give him no power in the world of football.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Ole's task is to make the best of the situation.

Whether that means treating Pogba as a "virus" or not depends entirely on how the player himself functions within the group.

He wants out? That's business.

He's got a shitbag of an agent? Business too, really.

If he still respects the manager and his team mates - well, there you go. Treat him as any other player. Simple enough.

I expect Ole to handle this rationally.
Ole will handle this very gracefully and not say a bad word about the player. He might allude to Raiola's character but as noted, he's a nice guy, at least in public.

This might upset some, who'd rather he get the knives out, but it will show that the club is bigger than Paul Pogba and Mino Raiola.