Raiola: "I can say that it's over for Pogba at United"

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Direct quote from BBC Sport:

www.bbc.com/sport/amp/football/47203118

Highest British paid player in history. Probably £400k/ week gross but still an eye-watering amount of money.
ok but... that was the journo’s intelligence at the time maybe? In fact, the FC Juventus club shares are floating publicly in the Borsa market and therefore their accounting numbers are public... from those, several financial websites quote the actual payscale at the club... the particular table on here https://www.calcioefinanza.it/2019/09/10/stipendi-juventus-2019-2020-ronaldo-de-ligt/ also shows both the net and the gross, in €

TsuWave

I think you'll find that it was actually Ole who was the catalyst to the record breaking winning streak post Mourinho.
Pogba was just one member of an entire squad which was rejuvenated after Mourinho left
Pogba was performing before Mourinho lost the job, but this is going to be my last reply to you on this. I’ve seen you post in regards to Pogba and we’ll just never agree on anything, so be at peace

He was also a similar weighted catalyst to the previous manager losing his job. But fair play to him for proving Mourinho wrong for a couple of months.
Not true. In fact, Pogba and Martial’s performances extended Mourinho’s stay here as they rescued results that reportedly would have had him sacked earlier.

The conversation is also moving to territory I don’t care about. The notion that Pogba was never integral to our team during his time here is just not true (and I simply replied to that with an example).

Peter Freedom

I honestly don’t understand why pogba hasn’t been frozen out of the team?
Why are we playing a player that openly wants to leave and keeping a player who plays pretty much same role and wants to play for the club, on the bench??

SecondFig

https://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/ras...ing-se-il-man-united-apre-al-prestito-1476712

According to Corriere della Sera, Juventus are ready to accept a Loan with obligation to buy deal for Pogba in January.

Most probably it's Raiola is feeding some shit stirring journo.
I love how they phrase that as if it's all up to Juve - " ready to accept"? We're the ones with the sodding player under contract - I don't give a damn what Juve are ready to accept, unless they make a realistic* offer he's going to be here until at least the summer

*Not; "swap deal with some overpaid squad players we don't really fancy"?

Stadjer

Why are we playing a player that openly wants to leave and keeping a player who plays pretty much same role and wants to play for the club, on the bench??
Because Pogba is better than those benchplayers.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I love how they phrase that as if it's all up to Juve - " ready to accept"? We're the ones with the sodding player under contract - I don't give a damn what Juve are ready to accept, unless they make a realistic* offer he's going to be here until at least the summer

*Not; "swap deal with some overpaid squad players we don't really fancy"?
They don't. That was the poster's faulty translation

What the article says is they would be ready to take him on loan with obligation to buy IF United are open to it

Rocknrolla69er

I'd only take two players from Juventus

De Ligt
Bentancur

Don't want any prima donas , mercenarys, last pay day candidates or players that don't quite fancy coming.

I don't think we l do a swap deal personally.

I'd take upwards of £60m

dev1l

I'd only take two players from Juventus

De Ligt
Bentancur

Don't want any prima donas , mercenarys, last pay day candidates or players that don't quite fancy coming.

I don't think we l do a swap deal personally.

I'd take upwards of £60m
DeLigt is probably the only player I d take. But a DeLigt-Maguire cb partnership would be a bit slow.
Betancur is good at shielding defence but he s not a playmaker

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

nyanza

It makes sense, keeping him out of the team for more than half a year won't help with selling him for decent money. It's exactly what the fat shitbag would want. From footballing perspective as well. One injury to Bruno and Pogba out of the team would mean any chances of chasing top spots evaporating.

It was disrespectful but right now it's simply not the moment to be petty with the current situation. Look at how things went for Arsenal with Arteta playing the tough guy and not registering Ozil. Their garbage midfield can't create anything. With Fred, Mctom and Donny (or whoever you switch in) we will struggle in the same way, it would be early last season all over again.

hubbuh

A loan midway through the season when we're pushing for the title for the first time in years would be fecking lunacy. I hope Woodward is ready to tell them to feck right off.

Varun1

There’s no way we let pogba go in January, let alone in a season where we have a chance at the title.

they can sort a deal in the summer if they want.
I have to agree with you. Unfortunately I can't see us shifting him in January - why Ole keeps playing him is a mystery but probably to give our other players a rest when we've got a chance at winning the league.

I do wish he would be played in the Bruno position though as I don't think he's very effective alongside Matic.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Surely it has to be Cristiano or go away Juventus? I can almost guarantee whatever Ronaldo has left in the tank will be more than Pogba would do for us over the same period of time
Cristiano for Pogba in January and we would win the league. He will want to stay at Juve for the UCL though.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He’s our second most creative player in the squad and we need him against the lesser teams to add more creativity in the team other than Bruno so he’s not going to leave in January, unless if the board is so confident they can bring in Grealish or Sancho in January.

crossy1686

career ending
There’s no way we let pogba go in January, let alone in a season where we have a chance at the title.

Personally, I'd be happy with him going in January as long as we have a replacement ready. I think he could derail a title push in the coming months with the drama or his wantaway nonsense.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Sounds like a story from just one side, we'll sell him in the summer I'm sure.

Adam-Utd

Personally, I'd be happy with him going in January as long as we have a replacement ready. I think he could derail a title push in the coming months with the drama or his wantaway nonsense.
That’s the point, we won’t get anybody in January good enough to replace him so it’ll wait until the summer.

a RB is far more important right now also.

Red_toad

If his scummy agent starts rocking the boat on the eve of vital games, would you be happy with that? I know I wouldn’t. I’d happily fly back to the UK and help him pack if that helps him on his way. He doesn’t want to be at United and it shows in his performances. His agent has been trying for the last 3 years to get him out and no takers, there‘s interest now as Juve think they’ll get him on the cheap or give us feckin Ramsey as a makeweight....

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
If we have any ambition in the PL this year then Pogba has to see this season out and I think he will accept that.

A deal offered in January, from most clubs, will likely be pants anyway.

Adam-Utd

If his scummy agent starts rocking the boat on the eve of vital games, would you be happy with that? I know I wouldn’t. I’d happily fly back to the UK and help him pack if that helps him on his way. He doesn’t want to be at United and it shows in his performances. His agent has been trying for the last 3 years to get him out and no takers, there‘s interest now as Juve think they’ll get him on the cheap or give us feckin Ramsey as a makeweight....
I don’t think we will hear a peep out of him now until the end of the season, clearly pogba told him to stop as he backtracked.

while I’m sure he will probably want to move on in the summer we won’t get any decent offers this January so whats the point?

unless they give us dybala or something similar he stays.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
If we have any ambition in the PL this year then Pogba has to see this season out and I think he will accept that.

A deal offered in January, from most clubs, will likely be pants anyway.
I'd agree but his agent undermined us on the evening of the most important game of the season which we ended up losing. Can you imagine him doing that again if we actually were in a title race?

Red_toad

I don’t think we will hear a peep out of him now until the end of the season, clearly pogba told him to stop as he backtracked.

while I’m sure he will probably want to move on in the summer we won’t get any decent offers this January so whats the point?

unless they give us dybala or something similar he stays.
We don’t need Dybala, why swap a player who doesn’t want to be here for another 1? They do have a few players I’d say would improve our squad that they may wish to move on, but none of their free transfer high wages pick ups.
His turd agent will pipe up whenever he likes, he’s never backtracked on any of his comments.

JmRssll555

Yet again bringing the fee into it. Stop thinking of how much a transfer cost and you’ll maybe have a clear head.

his job at United has been to build up play and create chances, and he’s done plenty well. All the stats show he was going that.

since his injury he’s struggled to reach his best and he might not ever reach it again. I just don’t get why people have to pretend he’s been awful for 5 years when it’s just not true.
I still consider myself a Pogba fan and I would have been delighted to see him be a success here. However, whilst I definitely don't think he's been awful for five years, I also don't think he's had a single 'very good' season.

He has mostly only been 'very good' for short spells and those have generally coincided with the whole team being in good form. Given his talent and the fee which we paid (I think it is relevant), I expected there to be more matches in which Pogba made a decisive contribution, even when the team wasn't playing particularly well.

Perhaps those expectations were too high (I only watched him a handful of times for Juventus), but in my opinion, his time here has been a disappointment.

jackal&hyde

Don't think so. In fact, I think it would be ideal for him to leave as a champion.

cyberman

He wont move to Juve this window. These swaps are never attractive because Juve will use players they dont want anymore so whats the point?
Like those stories that had Madrid willing to include Bale in a Pogba deal. Im fecking sure they would have loved that.

Theo88

He wont move to Juve this window. These swaps are never attractive because Juve will use players they dont want anymore so whats the point?
Like those stories that had Madrid willing to include Bale in a Pogba deal. Im fecking sure they would have loved that.

Those articles that did go around where the most idiotic pieces of reporting I've read in years. And yet newsagents make money out of that shit.

Tinfoil hat on I'm starting to think this whole Raiola conflict is artificial and used to drive sales and boost interest to Utd. It makes zero sense to publicly make those statements. I've started replaying goals to observe how Pogba reacts to his teammates. He really doesn't look like a guy who knows he's out of the door. Still I could be just reading into things.

I was hoping he'd eventually grow into a Zidane role. Oh well

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I remember that, Bale ffs, they taking the piss. Didn’t Barca want to swap Mina & Gomes for him a few years before that too? Absolute jokers.

Give us de Ligt, I’ll take that.

Revaulx

I still consider myself a Pogba fan and I would have been delighted to see him be a success here. However, whilst I definitely don't think he's been awful for five years, I also don't think he's had a single 'very good' season.

He has mostly only been 'very good' for short spells and those have generally coincided with the whole team being in good form. Given his talent and the fee which we paid (I think it is relevant), I expected there to be more matches in which Pogba made a decisive contribution, even when the team wasn't playing particularly well.

Perhaps those expectations were too high (I only watched him a handful of times for Juventus), but in my opinion, his time here has been a disappointment.
A fair and objective assessment. Thank you.
I remember that, Bale ffs, they taking the piss. Didn’t Barca want to swap Mina & Gomes for him a few years before that too? Absolute jokers.

Give us de Ligt, I’ll take that.
They're more likely to persuade Ed that it would be a great idea for him to "bring Ramsey back home to Britain" or other such bollocks.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

They're more likely to persuade Ed that it would be a great idea for him to "bring Ramsey back home to Britain" or other such bollocks.
Something like Ramsey & Rugani for Pogba honestly wouldn’t surprise me. Ole seems obsessed with getting a Left footed CB & likes having British players in the side. Excellent deal for Juve, 2 players they don’t use off the books, first team star player on the books, whilst paying less wages. Seems like a terrible deal for us but given how badly we’re run I could see it happening.

Jonno

Now we’ve been sucked into a title race, Pogba has a part to play. He does well when he comes in and offers us something. Re-evaluate in the summer

Baneofthegame

Pretty much my sentiments as well on Pogbas time here.

Something like Ramsey & Rugani for Pogba honestly wouldn’t surprise me. Ole seems obsessed with getting a Left footed CB & likes having British players in the side. Excellent deal for Juve, 2 players they don’t use off the books, first team star player on the books, whilst paying less wages. Seems like a terrible deal for us but given how badly we’re run I could see it happening.
How many players has OGS bought since the last British player he bought?