Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrcaFat

You should check him out. I get the sense you’ll love him.
Ha, maybe. If he thinks we need new CMs, I agree with him. No amount of coaching will get our midfielders to the required level.

That said, I wouldn’t say McFred would be any worse than our current alternatives, in fact I think they are the least bad option.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Ha, maybe. If he thinks we need new CMs, I agree with him. No amount of coaching will get our midfielders to the required level.

That said, I wouldn’t say McFred would be any worse than our current alternatives, in fact I think they are the least bad option.
I think it depends what you’re looking for in midfield - Mctominay or Fred could easily slot into a Klopp system which is what Ragnick is trying to emulate. He’d hate our fullbacks (in form Shaw aside) and the way our forwards currently play though. We definitely need more quality options in there - totally agree with that - but RR won’t have watched the Norwich and Newcastle games and left the ground thinking Scott Mctominay is the issue - I’m very sure of that.

sp_107

I think bringing Ragnick on was the right move and given time he can implement his vision and get better results. That said, Monday should be a wake-up call that this bunch of players are not up to the task and changes will have to be made.

I'd start by naming a new captain because ours isn't one in any sense of the word.

Who do you name the captain? what are our options?

I agree with your view on Ragnick, |He is known as a very fast thnker and also built clubs from ashes means he could add right kind of players in coming windows and also bring in proper coaching methods

sp_107

I thin he is the best we could have now,, |Not only he can identify the weak links but he can replace them with right players and also he can impose a ccertain coaching methods and direction

croadyman

I thin he is the best we could have now,, |Not only he can identify the weak links but he can replace them with right players and also he can impose a ccertain coaching methods and direction
Do you think we missed the boat on Conte

OrcaFat

I think it depends what you’re looking for in midfield - Mctominay or Fred could easily slot into a Klopp system which is what Ragnick is trying to emulate. He’d hate our fullbacks (in form Shaw aside) and the way our forwards currently play though. We definitely need more quality options in there - totally agree with that - but RR won’t have watched the Norwich and Newcastle games and left the ground thinking Scott Mctominay is the issue - I’m very sure of that.
Granted there are plenty of other issues to deal with. I agree with you that McFred are suited to the system, they can press high and have good energy. The problem is that they are not good enough or clever enough to play CM to the standard required. They would slot happily into Klopp’s team and make them worse. If they would agree to go there I would pay their bus fare.

I’m sure it sounds unreasonably harsh but I have been saying the CM is not good enough for years, even when we were winning. I would be amazed if RR sticks with McFred beyond his first opportunity to buy someone else (very possibly of similar style but hopefully much better).

sp_107

I still believe we are short of a proper CDM and RB, once we have those 2 players then Ralf can bring the best out of everyone else. we dont have to replae everyone to be honest.

croadyman

Not sure our players would be warm to Conte's tough methods, so it could end up as a total disaster otherwise i would say yes
Yeah you only need to look at that tweet about not liking leaving training in the dark to see they don't like unusual methods

OrcaFat

I still believe we are short of a proper CDM and RB, once we have those 2 players then Ralf can bring the best out of everyone else. we dont have to replae everyone to be honest.
Yeah, pretty much agree. Would prefer two midfielders plus a RB. And honestly, Cavani and Ron are gone in the summer so we’ll need a forward. I think the rest will do okay.

croadyman

Yeah, pretty much agree. Would prefer two midfielders plus a RB. And honestly, Cavani and Ron are gone in the summer so we’ll need a forward. I think the rest will do okay.
Maybe that explains the links to this Alvarez guy and totally agree we need two midfielders. Ideally a pure CDM like Kamara and a CM good on the ball like De Jong

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
I don’t know a whole lot about Ralf but I like what I have heard from him so far.I do think the board haven’t done him any favours by announcing him as interim manager.That dilutes his authority over the players in my view.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
The kit lady?

I don't see a single player of the whole lot that I think is a leader of men, or plays for the badge, or has a winning mentality.
Ronaldo is the only obvious one having been captain elsewhere winning things.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
Looks like Ralph has given up on the press for now. We clearly dropped into a shape most of the game rather than going to win via press.

Probably realised it causes more problems than solutions with these players.

Interesting to see if we go back to it.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
January 3rd - Wolves at home
January 10th - Villa at home in the Cup
January 15th - Villa away
January 22nd - West Ham at home

Not sure when the postponed games will be rearranged, but that looks like a lot of training time as is. Which is great.

When's the next International break? End of January?

Abraxas

Well, the league form is okay. Certainly a bit of an asterisk attached in that we have played poor sides and played poorly ourselves at times, but still, it feels like an upturn compared to where we might have been with Ole. We didn't look like getting any results. Don't think he's had much time to do much tactically yet, I think he's still searching judging by the setups and style we've seen in different games.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Then please explain how this shit attitude the players have enabled them to fight back so many times last season.

Something has changed this season, it wasn't like this last time. Hopefully Ralf can give them a kick up the arse and get them playing again.
We weren't as good as people like to claim last season. Last season was never a barometer of what we should achieve for fecksake.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Interesting to hear Rangnick talk on MUTV post-match and say that he thinks Norwich, Newcastle and Burnley are much better than the teams you tend to get at the bottom of the Bundesliga.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Interesting to hear Rangnick talk on MUTV post-match and say that he thinks Norwich, Newcastle and Burnley are much better than the teams you tend to get at the bottom of the Bundesliga.
It's not a surprise when you compare the money.

The teams at the bottom of the Bundesliga like Furth and Arminia probably wouldn't survive in the championship either.

Dante

Average bang

Interesting points by Rangnick here.

He says that Burnley might be near bottom of the Premier League. But they'd be in a higher position in the Bundesliga by virtue of "their physicality and their speed".

He says that although United may be a more "technical" side, we can't expect to beat teams like Burnley unless we at least match them physically first.

I think that's a pointer to the direction he wants to take us. Might also be an insight into why VDB doesn't play.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
You can't expect a pressing game when you have a match every 3 days. Happy that we won but there is lot of room for improvement. We aren't exactly getting better in defense. The amount of chances we give to the opposition is ridiculous.

Why exactly did we not bring any pacy forwards ? The game was crying for one . If we needed control , we should have brought Donny as well. I have no clue why we got Dalot in for Mason .

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I think he may have decided against the pressing football. Probably realised we dont have the legs for it nor the players. It was pretty obvious from the very start we didn't.

Just about getting results now and making sure we snag a world class manager in the summer.

HailtotheKing

I'd love someone to ask him why we seem to have given up pressing and why we're playing so differently to the way we played the first half against Palace? Is it because of Covid and he doesn't think it's sustainable right now? Would also like to know why Donny didn't play today and why he's not being given game time? The current formation we're playing is slightly worrying. I see very little different from Ole tbh, except that in the first half and in general we're playing more vertically through the middle, which I'm happy to see. Would like us to play much more like we did against Palace though. Right now we are still worryingly open. Think Maguire sitting on the bench would help that though. He's an absolute car crash right now. Was thinking he was starting to improve after being rushed back from injury. But he's heading downhill again.

copen1945

Rangnick has problems to solve all over. Harry continues to be terrible and needs to be on the bench for a while. Up front, selecting two from Ronnie, Mason, Cavani, and Bruno will upset some big players. I trust Rangnick has the experience to make to right call.

croadyman

I think he may have decided against the pressing football. Probably realised we dont have the legs for it nor the players. It was pretty obvious from the very start we didn't.

Just about getting results now and making sure we snag a world class manager in the summer.
Yeah that's the best plan and hope we can lure Ten Hag but if not then all in for Pochettino

NZT-One

You can't expect a pressing game when you have a match every 3 days. Happy that we won but there is lot of room for improvement. We aren't exactly getting better in defense. The amount of chances we give to the opposition is ridiculous.

Why exactly did we not bring any pacy forwards ? The game was crying for one . If we needed control , we should have brought Donny as well. I have no clue why we got Dalot in for Mason .
Didn't particularly like the subs as well. I am starting to dislike Ronaldo for playing all the time. I mean, I get it, he is great. But especially then and when we lead with two goals and the opposition looking lost, when would be the time to rest this 36 year old. Especially if we intend to drop a little deeper. Rashford has been really bad. But under those circumstances, he might have got the chance to nick an easy goal via one of his trademark runs in behind. Lets hope that is down to RR still getting to know everybody.

sp_107

Looks like Ralph has given up on the press for now. We clearly dropped into a shape most of the game rather than going to win via press.

Probably realised it causes more problems than solutions with these players.

Interesting to see if we go back to it.
Yes, I felt the same. It proves he is a clever man as he knows they are not yet ready and forcing the pressing game only makes things worse

I guess he will add 2/3 players and slowly bring everyone else to the same page

sp_107

I'd love someone to ask him why we seem to have given up pressing and why we're playing so differently to the way we played the first half against Palace? Is it because of Covid and he doesn't think it's sustainable right now? Would also like to know why Donny didn't play today and why he's not being given game time? The current formation we're playing is slightly worrying. I see very little different from Ole tbh, except that in the first half and in general we're playing more vertically through the middle, which I'm happy to see. Would like us to play much more like we did against Palace though. Right now we are still worryingly open. Think Maguire sitting on the bench would help that though. He's an absolute car crash right now. Was thinking he was starting to improve after being rushed back from injury. But he's heading downhill again.
Temp solution is start a CM in place of either Ronaldo or Cavani and replace Maguire with one of Baily or Lindelof for few weeks

We all liked the way we played for 30 mins against palace but you could see what happened to our players in second half, they were all gassed out .....

Its really such a pity that players are not fully fit at a club like UTD, no wonder players like Lukaku said training at UTD is like a HOLIDAY compared to training at other clubs....This must change

3KDré

Because of Covid the team has been training in 6s…add to that we’ve probably only had about 10 training sessions. I think everyone needs to be a bit more patient… pretty hard to train pressing as a whole team with 6 players.

432JuanMata

The teams at the bottom of the Bundesliga like Furth and Arminia probably wouldn't survive in the championship either.
I remember the season Leeds won promotion from the championship they were on sky all the time and ended up getting more tv money than Bayern Munich.
When people say the PL have the strongest bottom half as a way of making the PL seen better I always think it would be a disaster if they didn’t.

Beans

Supports
Neutral

Absolutely, I'm surprised people don't praise the strength of the EPL more often. Sharing the money works.

R'hllor

Funny how same standards arent applied now, some people are really butthurt and have no shame, think this is a new thing, dont remember being like this when other managers took over, it was always like manager needs his players, needs at least 2 transfer windows and similar drivel.

Status
Not open for further replies.