Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReligion

Abusive
What's all this hate for ex players about?
It's strange really. Some posters seem to blame them all for our current lack of success despite the fact that these ex players are the actual reason we are one of the most successful clubs in the world.

Real Name

It's strange really. Some posters seem to blame them all for our current lack of success despite the fact that these ex players are the actual reason we are one of the most successful clubs in the world.
One guy said - Its not your club, in the sense they should all leave.

Well it is.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Hopefully this is the start of a new United, a United where the words "United way" and "DNA" are never uttered within the walls of Old Trafford ever again, and instead where the focus is fully on a long term vision of building a team capable of domininating matches with beautiful football and winning trophies.
First press conference Rangnick talks about United DNA. :lol:

KingCavani

“Maybe if they ask my opinion and everything goes well and we develop the team I might even make the same recommendation to the board that I did at Leipzig twice when I recommended it might be a good idea to keep working with me for one year.”
I do think it’s interesting that he prefaced this with “if everything goes well”.

I think that consultatncy role was intentionally left very vague and that it’s significance may be dictated by how Ralf imposes himself in the next six months. It could range from having the final say in all recruitment to sending an email every three months that nobody reads.

Chicharo

Best of luck to him, hopefully he can really sort things out.
There's still a fact that he never actually managed such a big club, and didn't achieve much as a manager (even more -he hardly worked as a manager in the last 5-6years), and as someone already mentioned, it seems that most of his pupils overpassed his teacher. No doubt about his knowledge,and no doubt that besides noticeable weak spots we still have a very very strong team.
Full support, lads. There are are still many more games to come and 2 trophies to fight for

Adnan

Talent Spotter
After listening to him, it does seem he was willing to join the club without being a consultant. But the club have included the 2 years of consultancy and he's accepted without question.

Amir

Probably the same as people who developed fobia for big names after LVG and Mourinho and were blind to the fact that the former player who became our manager was just not good enough.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
:lol: Nice recommendation Ralf but hope we don't miss out on a great manager due to that
I dont think we will . Only Poch will be available for sure.

If we are doing well, we can do what he did at RBL and stay for one more year and get us playing the way he wants. Then move to a manager who will improve upon it.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I dont think we will . Only Poch will be available for sure.

If we are doing well, we can do what he did at RBL and stay for one more year and get us playing the way he wants. Then move to a manager who will improve upon it.
This in theory looks like it might be the best way forward. But it would depend on how Rangnick does in the next 6 months. I think if he does well, then I see him getting the one year he speaks about.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
In his first interview where he had very little time to prepare, he managed to give me confidence, he knows what the focuses are and what he wants to do. It's refreshing. Never seen it with Ole, Jose, Van Gaal and Moyes. They have never been this detailed on what the players need.

Chairman Steve

Hes smart about it . He knows if he leaves the possibility of him taking the manager role beyond the interim period out there then the players will continue to work their bollocks off for him, and doesn’t give them the impression of “Well, Ralfs only here for 6 months lads. No need to break a sweat for him. We’re getting a new guy in anyway”

InfiniteBoredom

His comment about the Chelsea game hopefully is enough to debunk the conspiracies about him training the team via proxies the last few games.

We have a really nice run coming up but navigating the festive period fixtures alongside bedding in the gegenpress can be brutal, hopefully our squad wont be decimated by injuries come Jan. If we start playing like a real, cohesive team by the time CL K.O kicks in, can have a very exciting last few months of the season.

Tiber

I know there has been an ultra positive narrative in the media recently about Rangnick, but I hope the club actually follow through and appoint their top target this time.

If he wants to stay around as one of our huge group of Directors of Football then that's fine, but it will take more than a nice media story about him being friends with Klopp to convince me the solution to all our problems is a 63 year old technical director from the Russian League who has never managed a top tier club.

I really bought into the Ole narrative despite having the chance to appoint Poch last time, very reluctant to go down that path again - especially while Poch is still available

Last edited:

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
After listening to him, it does seem he was willing to join the club without being a consultant. But the club have included the 2 years of consultancy and he's accepted without question.
It's the perfect deal imo

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I know there has been an ultra positive narrative in the media recently about Rangnick, but I hope the club actually follow through and appoint their top target this time.

If he wants to stay around as one of our huge group of Directors of Football then that's fine, but it will take more than a nice media story about him being friends with Klopp to convince me the solution to all our problems is a 63 year old technical director from the Russian League who has never managed a top tier club.

I really bought into the Ole narrative despite having the chance to appoint Poch last time, very reluctant to go down that path again - especially while Poch is still available
He definitely has to prove himself first. However if United can sign their primary target manager only for 2023 and Rangnick does a good job I don't see any harm in him staying another year (that would be similar to the Leipzig/Nagelsmann situation).

peridigm

He definitely has to prove himself first. However if United can sign their primary target manager only for 2023 and Rangnick does a good job I don't see any harm in him staying another year (that would be similar to the Leipzig/Nagelsmann situation).
Agree but if we’re targeting Ten Hag and miss out only to get Rodgers a season later, it will be a disaster.

sp_107

Mata/Jones/Matic/Pogba//Cavani can be released.
Jesse/Martial/Perrera/Dalot/Taunzebe can be sold.

We are really bloated and need to trim the squad, Almost 10 players need to be sold or released. Our board dont have to struggle shifting these players as most of their contracts will end soon.

-----------------------------------------Striker/Ronaldo--------------------------------------------

-------Sancho/Rashford---------------Bruno/Donny------------------Mason/Amad---------------------

----------------------Fred/Hannibal----------------------DCM/McTominay--------------------------------------

------Shaw/Telles------------Maguire/Baily----------Varane/Lindelof---------LB/Bissaka-----------

---------------------------------------------------Henderson/DDG----------------------------------------------------------

By adding 3 new players by next summer, Any manager will have a good squad to work with and he can build on from there by replacing players like Tells/McTominay/Lindelof a bit later.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I dont know why can't journalists say something in a very obvious and simple way ?

"No lack of clarity " - I had to read it twice to make sure it's a positive headline.

rotherham_red

Or the fact that it was precisely because we diverted from the Utd way in such a drastic fashion with LvG and Jose that we simply had to bring in Ole who brought us back on an even keel by, you guessed it, doing it the Utd way...

Let's face it, if Ole didn't do the ugly work and the grunt work that they so derided him for, Ralf Rangnick would not be here right now.

But those people don't want to have that conversation.

rotherham_red

Re the Rangnick wanting to be here longer than 6 months, I absolutely think it's the right thing to do and if the club have any sense, they'll adhere to that request.

You don't hire someone like him to keep things ticking over for the next guy, you bring him in to transform the club as a whole. If we want the next manager to be someone who takes what RR does to the next level, then it's imperative that RR is here for a year longer. Give him that time to build up the system on the pitch and get the players accustomed to his methods. 6 months, and at a time where we're likely playing two games per week for the vast majority of the rest of the season, isn't going to allow for that to happen.

Give him next season and then go for the new manager. The players will have a preseason where his methods will have been fully implemented, and a season where they can continue to progress and should challenge for the big trophies. Then, when the new manager comes in, whoever it may be (ETH and Poch might still be available, or another name might come out of nowhere, like Rose or Hutter) will have a much more stable squad atuned to the demands of modern pressing football.

Of course, it's a risk, but equally bringing in Rangnick in this halfway house situation, where his 2 year consultancy hasn't even been fully fleshed out, is potentially an even bigger one.

TheReligion

Abusive
Or the fact that it was precisely because we diverted from the Utd way in such a drastic fashion with LvG and Jose that we simply had to bring in Ole who brought us back on an even keel by, you guessed it, doing it the Utd way...

Let's face it, if Ole didn't do the ugly work and the grunt work that they so derided him for, Ralf Rangnick would not be here right now.

But those people don't want to have that conversation.
Not a bad point and I don't think it's far from the truth you know.

Ole obviously out stayed the role however the club are to blame in that regard and I've always said they should have been more proactive, or dare I say it ruthless, and recognised he'd taken things as far as he could and pulled the trigger in the summer.

That said you can see why they didn't given we finished second and got into a cup final. The killer was offering up the new contracts when there was really no need to do so.

But yeah, people have short memories.

Status
Not open for further replies.