Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superden

De gea has been been MOTM for us in pretty much every game since RR got here, so what the feck is Henderson expecting? And who the feck do the 'senior' players think are responsible for the us having the 'worst group of players' and 'atmosphere. What a bunch of lily livered feckbots.

Red Viking

Neither Klopp or Guardiola would take shit from any players that are not performing according to their expectations on and off the field. Any player that is unhappy or feel like going against Rangnick after such a short time never had the intentions of backing the direction the club have chosen. There are no point in pandering to whiners with loser mentality that are afraid of putting in effort needed to improve and succeed. This squad needs a big clear out and some examples need to be made for clubs sake. This squad do not respect the fans or the club. We are going to need patience to turn this around and it wont be pretty in the near future until we have assembled a squad that are conform with what the club wants to achieve long term.

croadyman

De gea has been been MOTM for us in pretty much every game since RR got here, so what the feck is Henderson expecting? And who the feck do the 'senior' players think are responsible for the us having the 'worst group of players' and 'atmosphere. What a bunch of lily livered feckbots.
Yeah completely agree and think they deserve pelters for it at the Villa game, well that's if there isn't mass changes of course

AshRK

It's blatantly obvious. He's posting pictures of himself in a Westham kit ffs. Couldn't be any more obvious.

Personally don't think it's Donny doing it or Bailly. Henderson perhaps could be but even he couldn't deny how good DDG has been for us this season.

It's definitely Lingard.
Yes my money is also on Lingard. I hope ragnick stop featuring him on the bench also.

MUFC OK

The frustrating thing is they also have a point. Bailly was right when he said he should have played instead of Maguire against Leicester. Van De Beek should have had more chances. Fred, Pogba and Mctominay regularly stink the place out and don’t get subbed or dropped.

And Lingard actually might have been just what our forward line needs this season. He runs off the ball and makes space for the others. Rashford, Sancho, Greenwood etc all come short and want the ball to feet.
I was happy for Jesse to stay as an option, but everything I’ve ever seen from him earmarks him as a bit of a shitbag in my opinion.

Henderson isn’t being allowed to leave and wants to play football, let him go.

To be sticking the knife in and leaking stories to the media when the team is struggling is unforgivable. We need to get them out now.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I mean seriously, imagine throwing around words like oppressive because a manager has made you train at night and want's you to run more? How spoiled were this lot under Solskjaer? The fact Pogba fecks off to Dubai every winter while his own people assessed his 'injury' and let us know when he was fit to come back pretty much says all you need to know. And people say Neymar takes the piss with the Rio carnival every year...
Agreed. Terrible. Some of them are on wages a week that would take the average person 15 years to accumulate.

croadyman

Neither Klopp or Guardiola would take shit from any players that are not performing according to their expectations on and off the field. Any player that is unhappy or feel like going against Rangnick after such a short time never had the intentions of backing the direction the club have chosen. There are no point in pandering to whiners with loser mentality that are afraid of putting in effort needed to improve and succeed. This squad needs a big clear out and some examples need to be made for clubs sake. This squad do not respect the fans or the club. We are going to need patience to turn this around and it wont be pretty in the near future until we have assembled a squad that are conform with what the club wants to achieve long term.
Yeah we are clear seeing now why this board was so utterly shit scared of appointing Conte. He would have demanded action from everyone in the club whoever they are

Revaulx

And this is a two-fold problem. It's why Rangnick wanted McKenna and Carrick to stay on. Sounds like they had the respect of the players.
Did they? There were reports that the players didn’t rate them either, McKenna particularly being criticised for being “schoolmasterly” or some such bollocks.

croadyman

So who are these “senior players”?

The players reported elsewhere to be the unhappy ones are Lingard, Bailly, DvB and Henderson. Hardly senior players. And ones that weren’t in favour under Ole either.
Senior players are probably causing a divide in the dressing room though you can't argue with that

Mylock

The issue is the players we recruit; they are weak and void of accepting any blame; this has been proven in their performances. As Roy said, they threw Jose and Ollie under the bus and will try the same with Ralf. We lack leaders who show any sign of a willingness to work to get out of this slump. We have had all types of managers since Fergie left, but the big issues have been the recruitment process and executivemanagement. We haven't carried out proper due diligence and have bought mercenary players who are only interested in their profiles and money, not the betterment of the club. Most of the top clubs are well run from the top; we are not, we are now suffering the consequences. Until we are managed from the top-down better, we will continue to be in this position.

Last edited:

redcafe_reader

Already know there will be a PR war between Rangnick and our players. It's up to our board to solve this but I am not optimist. Our players just want to enjoy their world class salary without any pressure of winning anything.

The issue is the players we recruit; they are weak and void of accepting any blame; this has been proven in their performances. As Roy said, they threw Jose and Ollie under the bus and will try the same with Ralf. We lack leaders who show any sign of a willingness to work to get out of this slump. We have had all types of managers since Fergie left, but the significant issues have been the recruitment process. We haven't carried out proper due diligence and have bought mercenary players who are only interested in their profiles, not the betterment of the club. Most of the top clubs are well run from the top; we are not suffering the consequences. Until we are managed from the top-down better, we will continue to be in this position.
For me the biggest issue is our board, there will be no leadership without a strong hierarchy. No manager will have the same power as SAF so our board need to step in to step in give manager that power, or utilize their power themselves (aka Abramovich), but they are just coward/incompetence. RR is a pretty strong character so if it's up to me I would just give him full power to drop/sell any senior player who doesn't fit the plan (even Ronaldo) or doesn't want to try and let him rebuild the team.

Last edited:
Reactions: oates

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Did they? There were reports that the players didn’t rate them either, McKenna particularly being criticised for being “schoolmasterly” or some such bollocks.
Mitten and Whitwell always said McKenna was well liked and everyone at the club seemed to rate him. Even in the “schoolmastery” article by ducker it was still a positive piece about how he was on the same trajectory as Rodgers had gone.

Revaulx

All of the Frustrated Four got a chance against Young Boys.

Lingard was shit. Donny was OK but nothing special, plus he made the error that led to YBs’ goal.

Bailly and Henderson were fine, but there are perfectly good reasons why they aren’t first choice. If Hendo in particular thinks he should be a starter (and I fully understand why he does) then he needs to accept it’s not going to happen at United with DDG playing like he is and move on.

Revaulx

Our senior players would be the likes of Ronaldo, De Gea, Jones, Mata, Shaw, Matic etc.
Plus Bruno, Maguire, Rashford, Cavani, Pogba.
Well if all of that lot are anti-Ralf then he doesn’t stand a chance.

Shaw’s interview suggests that’s not the case though.

If a player goes whining to a journalist he’s obviously going to claim that his “concerns” are shared by many of his colleagues. Otherwise he’d just look like he was carrying a grudge.

Jackal981

Should have gone with Conte. He would tear them a new one and kick all these divas out. Hope Rangnick given a chance to do that. No wonder they love Ole huh when he let them do whatever the feck they want cause he had no balls

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I dont understand Bailly as well. He plays two games and then gets injured for four months. What are we supposed to do, play him when his hamstring is torn.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Should have gone with Conte. He would tear them a new one and kick all these divas out
Something is rotten in the state of denmark. The club is rotten. Six or seven of the players have to go. And you are looking at a 2/3 year rebuilt.

Red Viking

Yeah we are clear seeing now why this board was so utterly shit scared of appointing Conte. He would have demanded action from everyone in the club whoever they are
He dosn´t accept any bullshit so that is understandable and i agree that he would demand action to be taken. The clubs board have to earn their wage now and have to deal with the situation. The club leadership should be furious at the squad as they openly sabotage the clubs efforts with all this nonsense. We need high standards on the pitch and off it to succeed which have to be set from leadership from the top down.

Speako

Imagine Harry Maguire having a moan because he thinks another player is ‘undroppable’! Honestly you couldn’t write it.

Jackal981

Something is rotten in the state of denmark. The club is rotten. Six or seven of the players have to go. And you are looking at a 2/3 year rebuilt.
Being coddled for 3 years by the best "man manager" would do that. Imagine a teacher who let the students in his class do whatever the feck they wanted, of course he will be their favourite teacher. When this teacher got fired and a new teacher with strict method is appointed, they will kick their toys out of the pram. Same with this lot

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
I think the fans for the most part are on Rangnick's side. There is little appetite for whinging or covert PR campaigns. I'd love to see Ralf press home his advantage and be ruthless with anyone reluctant to get on board.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Being coddled for 3 years by the best "man manager" would do that. Imagine a teacher who let the students in his class do whatever the feck they wanted, of course he will be their favourite teacher. When this teacher got fired and a new teacher with strict method is appointed, they will kick their toys out of the pram. Same with this lot
True.

Irwin99

As others have said DDG has probably been our best player this season so I don't know what Henderson can complain about other than maybe not being allowed to leave.

I can't even form an opinion on Ralf because it's too early anyway and now we're hearing all these stories which aren't making his life any easier. We ain't getting top 4 this season though. Yet ANOTHER fecking rebuild and cultural reset beckons.

croadyman

Seems like a fair percentage of them have decided they aren't going to buy into him so don't know what else he can do. He could maybe bring Donny in from the cold for the next few games but doubt that will convince them.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
This.

croadyman

Should have gone with Conte. He would tear them a new one and kick all these divas out. Hope Rangnick given a chance to do that. No wonder they love Ole huh when he let them do whatever the feck they want cause he had no balls
Yeah giving Ole that international break and letting Spurs take Conte has proved to be a monumental mistake which we are paying for right now

ForeverRed1

The fans should have rangnicks back, however, we expect changes. He needs to be ruthless and show progress in one way or another.

allen7

Watford scored few against us compared to the situation now, I see defensive improvements

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Christ, these players are really sticking a massive two fingers up at the fans here. I don't care how bad they think the coaches are, they're fecking temporary. Put some effort in and if it didn't work tactically then at least you've tried and the fans will respect it.

Every Manchester United supporter right now should be fuming with what is going on. The club need to come down hard on the players and just make an example of a few big names and feck them off. Forget the money, just get rid of as many of these c*cks as possible. I feel like this is going to have to be a scorched earth rebuild from top to bottom. Woodward, players, obviously a new manager, new coach... I'd even be questioning why the presence of Fletcher hasn't prevented this or even Murtough. The players just obviously don't fear any repercussions from anybody involved with the club.

Let some fecking fans in to the training ground to give them a piece of their mind for all I care. They need to realise how this affects everybody that cares for the club.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
The fans should have rangnicks back, however, we expect changes. He needs to be ruthless and show progress in one way or another.
I think fans would be willing to accept a bumpy ride now if he was willing to freeze out anybody with the wrong attitude or that is causing terrible. He'll be doing what we would love to do ourselves. Play some kids and finish mid table for all I care.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
People tqlking about deop

I've often wondered if likes of Bailly could do a job in MF? Not become a mf player as such long term. But simply as a sort of cover or something different until we sign someone.

Probably a daft thought but over the years many a player has adapted their game to become a different cog in a team.

When SAF took over I recall him using McGrath in mf. Think we lost the game.

Not saying it has to be Bailly specifically. Maybe AWB, lindelof...

Don't slate me on this I'm just not feeling mcfred and don't currently see alternatives amongst the youth right now.

Likes of Conte are renown for making players better/good in positions. I'm hoping Ralf has the same mindset.

Or just signs someone in the Jan window
I suggested this to mates. My pick was Lindelof. He may be physically quite weak compared to other CBs but I think he’d excel in the dm position given time.
Great pass on him, positioning is sound and if he gets out muscled has a player in behind him protecting the keeper.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
His impact has definitely been weak.

Just hope we get the permanent manager appointment right.

passing-wind

The club should have hired Conte for a season and just pay over the odds. Top four would have been a closer guarantee and the performances would have been better. Glazers have made such poor decisions, too much belief in Ole and now hiring a manager who's best influence comes as a DOF. One bad decision after another.

oreon

Funny how the leaks started right after the afternoon sessions. Before word from the dressing rooms is that they all liked Rangnick's method.
I am so pissed off at these snakes. Have they no shame ? How do you talk after these performances from this year. There's zero accountability. All these snakes need to go.
Rangnick, Fletcher & Murtogh need to sit down with the squad. The message has to be clear if we find out you are leaking to the press, you are gone. If you don't want to show for afternoon sessions, Leave. If you are unhappy, Leave

I am of the mind that Rangnick might not be the coach for the long-term. But it won't matter who we bring in, if this is the attitude in the dressing room. There needs to be a clear out.

Klopp missed a year UCL in his 1st year. UTD need to be willing to take the same approach. It will hurt not making UCL next year but the focus in the offseason has to be establishing a better foundation and a better culture. And culture, I don't mean the BS of United way. We need a dressing room of players who can hold each other accountable. Because from what we are seeing is a dressing room of players who are happy to be overpaid but don't want to put in the extra effort to make this right. As soon as we heard the leaks about the unsatisfaction of the late sessions I knew they would look to throw the manager under the bus.

And absolutely in no terms should Poch be the next manager especially with the same squad. He doesn't have the toughness to call these players on their BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.