Ralph Hasenhüttl

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Not too sure. They got hammered 9-0 by Leicester last season and that wasn't enough to sack him.
but they recovered very quickly from that. If he loses another couple of games, they could be adrift at the bottom already (along with us! :devil:)

Godfather

Seems to have at least one horrific result per season. Strange one. Sadly not against us so far.

soapythecat

His football style needs better players. When they play well, they are very good and hard to play against - as we found out last season.
I think both he and Graham Potter are the most underrated managers in the league.
I’d gladly have either manage United.

United58

Next Pochettino? Wouldn't mind seeing him here, has Southampton playing great stuff.

Skills

Snitch
They are fun. If we weren't obsessed with the idea of a long term manager, he'd be good fun for a year or two.

neilv93

He's a great manager and I'm very pleased Saints stuck with him after the 9-0 (year ago today) when many clubs wouldn't hit the reset button. Saints are my 'second team' in the PL as I went to Soton for uni so got a soft spot for them. Love Ralph's aggressive pressing but I think his teams usually look a bit suspect defensively at times, though that might be more related to poor quality defenders for the most part.

Skills

Snitch
He's a great manager and I'm very pleased Saints stuck with him after the 9-0 (year ago today) when many clubs wouldn't hit the reset button. Saints are my 'second team' in the PL as I went to Soton for uni so got a soft spot for them. Love Ralph's aggressive pressing but I think his teams usually look a bit suspect defensively at times, though that might be more related to poor quality defenders for the most part.
Reminds me a bit of Bayern's ultra aggressive pressing in the champions League last season. When it goes wrong it looks awful and it does make the viewers shit themselves a bit.

But when it's working, it's exhilarating to watch.

neilv93

Reminds me a bit of Bayern's ultra aggressive pressing in the champions League last season. When it goes wrong it looks awful and it does make the viewers shit themselves a bit.

But when it's working, it's exhilarating to watch.
It's risk v reward really isn't it? Saints look ridiculous sometimes (Spurs loss) and excellent at others (today, among others). I'd love to see that sort of approach at Utd, especially our squad.

I think if Ole were to go, beyond the inevitable Poch rumours there's a good bunch of 'second tier' managers, if you will, that would be interesting appointments: Hasenhuttl, Nuno, Rose, ten Hag...

Monks_United

Nuno too.

I think Klopp and Pep are a level above. And there's a few bunched up in the tier below.
Wouldn't have Jose in there or Nuno. The latter is a budget Simeone helped massively by Mendes and his shady dealings on the recruitment side. Jose is truly past it. Let's wait a bit before we crown Ancelotti in the top 5 going by his last two appointments (Unless ofcourse we are going by reputation and way before that in which case Jose would be there as well). Think it's Klopp and Pep as the best two. Bielsa and Hasenhuttl after that and probably a bunch of either has beens who are out to prove they are good enough still or nobody's trying to make a name.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Yeah, it does make sense that they have vulnerabilities; they are Southampton after all. Any tactic their coaches implement will have a trade-off somewhere on the pitch given the quality of the squad they can attract. If there were no weaknesses, Hasenhüttl would be a magician.

neilv93

Yeah, it does make sense that they have vulnerabilities; they are Southampton after all. Any tactic their coaches implement will have a trade-off somewhere on the pitch given the quality of the squad they can attract. If there were no weaknesses, Hasenhüttl would be a magician.
Yeah true. I think his style will win more often than it loses and bodes well against facing teams like us. I'd be very surprised if Ralph doesn't get an offer to manage a European team again sooner rather than later.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Is there a manager with a better top 6 records after top 6 teams ?

This guy would be a better option than Poch. Unlike Poch he doesn't need quality wing backs. Plays 4222 and strictly plays through the ground. No hoofing or unnecessary crossing.

harrington

Supports
Aston Villa
I like the cut of this bloke's jib. This fine win ought to stave off the arrival of the impending 'Ralph Hasenhüttl sack watch' thread for a few more weeks.

Reactions: golden_blunder

United58

Is there a manager with a better top 6 records after top 6 teams ?

This guy would be a better option than Poch. Unlike Poch he doesn't need quality wing backs. Plays 4222 and strictly plays through the ground. No hoofing or unnecessary crossing.
What's this godless football you want played?!

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
His record against the top half of the table must be equal or even better than against the bottom half. Seems to get so many points against the big teams (outplaying them often as well).

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
What do the PL fans think, will he be at Southampton for long, or are there clubs further up the table looking to bring him in? I'd be interested to see him with a somewhat larger budget and ambitions for the international spots.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
What do the PL fans think, will he be at Southampton for long, or are there clubs further up the table looking to bring him in? I'd be interested to see him with a somewhat larger budget and ambitions for the international spots.
Please do not suggest that he could take over from Ole...That's where this is heading isn't it? :lol:

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Please do not suggest that he could take over from Ole...That's where this is heading isn't it? :lol:
No, I'm actually not invested in any way in your managerial situation. Okay, watching Mourinho fail was fun, but that's about it. ;)

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Chelsea would probably appoint him. No risk appointment
They might - but anyway I think the original poster might also have meant clubs outside England. :)

Oh - as he said himself just above...

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Would be a good fit for Spurs. Or even Liverpool.

tomaldinho1

His 442 will be perfect for us .Maddison can take the Forsberg role and Sancho can play right or forward.
He plays 4222 doesn’t he? I’ve been singing his praises for years now, clearly able to imprint his style onto a team to make it far greater than the sum of its parts. Actually put a bet on him being Uniteds next manager at the start of Ole’s reign which had unreal odds so I am slightly biased...

Hulksmash

He's done a better Job then Ole , Lampard and Arteta while playing better Football with much less resources

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He plays 4222 doesn’t he? I’ve been singing his praises for years now, clearly able to imprint his style onto a team to make it far greater than the sum of its parts. Actually put a bet on him being Uniteds next manager at the start of Ole’s reign which had unreal odds so I am slightly biased...
Yes he does. 2 attacking mids and 2 box to box.

People are not interested because he is managing Southampton. If he was still managing Leipzig people would just jump over it.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
I don't understand why this thread is only active after good results against top sides :confused:

They are playing good attacking football in nearly every match and of course the result is not always a win because they only have the 15th best squad in my opinion (Burnley, Brighton & Hove, Sheffield, West Bromwich and Fulham have a worse squad).

Southampton should really enjoy his time there because sooner or later Hasenhüttl will coach a much bigger and better club (And yes i would sack Solskjaer tomorrow for him).

Paul_Scholes18

They defended really well today and played well in attack. They have recovered well after the loss to Spurs when they got destroyed on the counter.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I mentioned him as a possible candidate to take over at the club when Mourinho was fired but not many gave him a second thought which is a pattern that has developed on here for years where many are just fixated on CV/resume rather than style of play/strategy. I'd take Hassenhuttl over Poch if it came down to appointing a new coach. But my preference is still Marco Rose or Nagelmann with Peter Bosz also someone that i'm keeping a close watch over this season.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Think he’d do a great job at United. cant see Woodward even considering it...