Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Remember the moron pundit I forget who exactly that said he’d rather Ben White at £50m over Varane at £34m?? :lol:
Remember some posters here who thought that he must fight for his place with Maguire? :lol:
Because he is in decline and Maguire offers ..........something

Sgreddevil

He is really motm if you consider the whole length of 90mins played.
He helped to clear quite a no of dangerous passes and crossed from city. What's more amazing was they have all been dealt with ease because his positioning was so good and he did not need to make much last ditch effort to clear the balls. Hope he stays fit and we have genuine chance to finish the league in a good position

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He was well up for it today... Constantly hyping up the crowd and was absolutely loving life at the end of the game.

criticalanalysis

His passing was very good in the first half. Seemed a bit of at odds paired with Shaw but it worked because we were good at not giving them easy chances to get into our box.

:devil:

You'd think Varane and Casemiro are probably enjoying these games/wins with a bit more vigour because they're really having to earn for it. Not a diss at Madrid/La Liga but you get the idea.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Probably just another game for him. i mean, he's been in 2 World Cup Finals and 4 CL Finals. Not to mention numerous tight games when chasing La Liga's titles.

Olecurls99

MOTM. So so good

I'm not sure what he's supposed to do for their goal except maybe be everywhere at once. This lad sets high standards

Last edited:

Red Rash

He is a significantly better version of peak Smalling with all the weakest areas of Smalling's game removed. So excellent athletically, strong, fast, agile, good in the air and one v one, but also a good footballer with composure, reading of the game, advanced positioning, and subtle grabbiness.

Being injury prone is his only real weakness.

That Madrid team was impossibly loaded, just absurd collection of players, all at their primes together.
A more accurate description would be Rio rather than Smalling

Tee27

He makes it look so easy and brings a sense of assurance that I’ve not seen in a Manchester United defence in a long time.

His positioning and anticipation is absolutely world class. He has tremendous pace but unlike other centre backs that possess pace like that you don’t see it often because he’s always in the right spots anyway that he doesn’t have to always use it.

Adamsk7

Best defender in the league for me at the moment and the best we’ve had since Rio/Vidic

Just gotta stay fit the whole season. You can do it, Rafa!

DarkXaero

I don't think there's a better CB in football.
I wanted to say the same. I don't think there's a better CB in the world than a healthy/fit Varane right now. And Lisandro this season has been on that same wavelength for me, but doesn't have the pedigree of Varane yet.

Red Royal

I wanted to say the same. I don't think there's a better CB in the world than a healthy/fit Varane right now. And Lisandro this season has been on that same wavelength for me, but doesn't have the pedigree of Varane yet.
But Van Dyke is the best CB of all time apparently...

Cloud7

In terms of quality of player (Not counting titles won etc) he is probably in the top three CB's I have watched for United in my lifetime, alongside Rio and Vidic

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Best defender in the league for me at the moment and the best we’ve had since Rio/Vidic
Easily. I rate Smalling and Blind, but there is really no comparison here. Defensively Varane is as close to flawless as it gets.

atkar83

Probably just another game for him. i mean, he's been in 2 World Cup Finals and 4 CL Finals. Not to mention numerous tight games when chasing La Liga's titles.
Messi vs Ronaldo era Barca/Real fixtures must have been just as intense if not more. A pros pro

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Every now and again i still get a little tingle when I see his name on our teamsheet. It's feckin Raphael Varane. Our dream signing for years.

Similar to how it was with Rio we've come to just expect brilliance from him now, so when he is inevitably brilliant it goes under the radar a little bit. MOM today

Morpheus 7

So many clearances, had the speed when needed at the back today, no panicking with passing around the back. Absolute quality, deserves more respect within the league, not just about his the past at Real. He's performing higher than any CB in the division at the moment.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
Was he ever like this at Madrid? Like a magnificant delicious maniac with the crowd? I always thought of him as rather shy and withdrawn, now he gone berserk and I love it. Seems like he’s loving it too.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Messi vs Ronaldo era Barca/Real fixtures must have been just as intense if not more. A pros pro
No doubt, mate. And that passion he shows in every game for a player that has won everything out there. A pros pro to the bone.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
There are a number of our players that won’t get their proper recognition until we win the league, or at least go top for a little while. Varane is one of them. Best centre half in the PL right now. I must say, despite the shit show around him, I think Konate is right up there too.

Valencia Shin Crosses

The people on twitter who tried to convince people that Maguire's "ball playing" (and by that... it's holding the ball with 10 touches before just doing a long ball to a winger) was more valuable than Varane. Varane on the ball is quick and efficient. He doesn't do hollywood passes, but he speeds up the play so much and gets it into better passers in better positions quickly. That's far more valuable than a player taking an age on the ball before trying to pick out a great pass. It was the same problem with Pogba. That's not useful to a team. Might get you some highlight plays, but that's it.
I mean plus he’s just much better on the ball in general.

Valencia Shin Crosses

There are a number of our players that won’t get their proper recognition until we win the league, or at least go top for a little while. Varane is one of them. Best centre half in the PL right now. I must say, despite the shit show around him, I think Konate is right up there too.
What? Konate is having a mare of a season right now. Honestly I think (right now) it’s Varane, Saliba, Martinez and then you can take your pick of Botman, Stones, Dias, Konate, Silva, and Colwill

Mr.Hik

Best CB of his generation. No wonder Fergie wanted him.
And I have meet him( nothing big) he is so charismatic it just rubs on you.

Last edited:

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Was he ever like this at Madrid? Like a magnificant delicious maniac with the crowd? I always thought of him as rather shy and withdrawn, now he gone berserk and I love it. Seems like he’s loving it too.
When you're approaching 30 you go berserk. It's an unwritten rule.

Isle

His passing was very good in the first half. Seemed a bit of at odds paired with Shaw but it worked because we were good at not giving them easy chances to get into our box.

:devil:

You'd think Varane and Casemiro are probably enjoying these games/wins with a bit more vigour because they're really having to earn for it. Not a diss at Madrid/La Liga but you get the idea.
I get it, at Madrid your expected to win every game and it is almost like a routine and in later years Madrid almost wins every game and every major trophy, they joined a dysfunctional united team and Varane had to go through one of the worst seasons of his entire star filled career last season. So this for Case and Varane is something they have to work hard with everyone else and earn it unlike at Madrid and respective national teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.