g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Raphael Varane | Signed for United!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AttackAttackAttack

Woody's had a, well, a woody for Varane ever since Woody was introduced to soccerball by the Glazers. He'll see this as his legacy and will throw money at it.
We will see it’s always a back and forth with reported wages. I think the fact we are offering him a 5 year deal over Madrid’s 4 year deal is a big factor and Real Madrid were trying to low ball him for a while. I just don’t want to continue to destroy our wage structure. 350k a week is world class striker wages....

AttackAttackAttack

He has multiple CLs, league titles and a world cup to his name. He is in his prime and is coming from a top club. If you consider that we are reportedly paying Sancho 250k, 350 for Varane is not outrageous. Alaba is on 400k+.
I do understand he is a top player and should earn a top salary but that’s 250k for me. If I’m Rashford, Bruno, etc and Varane, who is an unknown in the PL league, is making 350k a week I’d want to be on par with him when I’m scoring the goals which win the game. I think 250k for all our top players with nice incentive bonuses is the way to go so we don’t destroy our wage structure again. Hopefully we learned from Sanchez.

Reactions: Sultan

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Oh right.

I guess the fact he’s an introvert and looks a bit sulky at times also skews his stats, but that doesn’t mean he’s actually low energy and low work rate. He work harder than the rest when he is standing still or when he’s walking to make up for it I guess?
People are sick of facts.

Jaae

Not ITK
He has 3 league titles, 4 european cups, and 1 world cup to his name having spent the last 10 years playing for Real Madrid.

What exactly is his motivation for joining Man Utd, other than doubling his salary?

Spoony

The People's President
He has 3 league titles, 4 european cups, and 1 world cup to his name having spent the last 10 years playing for Real Madrid.

What exactly is his motivation for joining Man Utd, other than doubling his salary?
Playing for his boyhood club for loads of cash and the climate??

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

Wages will be vital (as is for every professional), testing himself, new environment, not feeling valued. There are many.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22

If you’ve won it all at one club, it has to be hard to motivate yourself to do it all again. A new challenge might be a cliche but it does make a lot of sense.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout

What kind of comment is this?

Maybe he wants another challenge and the chance to play in the best league and for one of the biggest clubs in the world?

He's done it at Madrid, he wants to move on and show he can do it elsewhere.

RkkMan

It's easier and more reinvigorating to start over in a new environment when you've achieved literally EVERYTHING in the same place with nothing left to do that can top what you've already done in the past. Plus helping a sleeping giant like Utd to challenge for and win big titles will cement his status as a GOAT CB

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

Speaking about motivation. Isn’t it fact he had won everything in Real Madrid means he has no motivation to stay in Real, and that’s why he’s looking for a move for new challenge. It’s not like Real is his boyhood club so right now I see zero reason why would he be motivated to stay in Real.

TheReligion

Abusive

Very narrow minded way of looking at things. To play in the premier league? To live in England for a while? To join United and experience another big club? To play with some of the players United have? Because he's going stale?

You must be someone with limited ambition

Teja

Fair play if we can get him in on 200k p/w. That's the same as what Maguire makes right now.

Varun

Staff
Why did Alaba leave Bayern? Varane has achieved all he can with Real Madrid, it sounds like he wants a new challenge.
For money, same as Varane. Lots of people switch jobs for money so that's fine but let's not pretend Money isn't the single biggest factor for Varane/Alaba moving.

Varun

Staff
Fair play if we can get him in on 200k p/w. That's the same as what Maguire makes right now.
close to 0 chance that happens given wages is why he's leaving Real in the first place.

Jaae

Not ITK
Very narrow minded way of looking at things. To play in the premier league? To live in England for a while? To join United and experience another big club? To play with some of the players United have? Because he's going stale?

You must be someone with limited ambition
So basically for the same reasons Bastian Schweinsteiger joined us then.

I'm not so ambitious as to have 32,000 posts on an internet forum but then we can't all be you, thankfully.

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
You have to take him over Lindelof but overall i'm not that keen on him. He will be very expensive and i'm not sure on the longevity. I've not watched every game or minute of him but for me he's always looked a lot less impressive without Ramos, e.g. against City he looked completely lost. I trust Maguire to be the Ramos to him but for the money involved it's a bit risky, IMO.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
You have to take him over Lindelof but overall i'm not that keen on him. He will be very expensive and i'm not sure on the longevity. I've not watched every game or minute of him but for me he's always looked a lot less impressive without Ramos, e.g. against City he looked completely lost. I trust Maguire to be the Ramos to him but for the money involved it's a bit risky, IMO.
So who would you sign?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

Rio really is the best Muppet we have :lol:
I have been searching any interview or quote of him mentioning Rio as his idol, I found none. I’m not surprised if he is Varane’s idol but I need to hear it from his mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.