View full 2023-24 profile

5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Sylar

Indeed. That was his territory.

This goes back to something that I replied to earlier, and I think there is a dilemma. Do we want him to play like Wayne Rooney (spending his energy so much at pressing hard that he's out of it by 70-75 minutes) or do we want to see him eventually grow into someone like Harry Kane or Robert Lewandowski (who know how and when to preserve energy in order to last the full 90 minutes)? I know Hojlund works really hard, but this is where someone somewhere must find a way to teach him how to preserve energy in order to last the full 90.
I think a huge part of that is us defending / pressing as a team. There are times he does it but doesnt have the help which is annoying. Ive seen that before where players come in, are enthusiastic, but then the worry is when he sees others not doing it, he drops of doing it where it matters, and a few annoying things creep in, like he stops making the runs of the ball, etc.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Our Shaky season has lasted a decade. At what point does what we are currently seeing just be the norm?
Utd have done better in the last decade than the vast majority of football clubs. We should have done better given our resources - but the crying on here for the odd top 6 season is boring. We remain a top destination and a club people want to play for.

tomaldinho1

He looks someone we should be planning around, he's a great age and looks like with service he could hit big numbers.

Shark

@NotShark
Before the game, noticed he was one of the only players with a big smile on his face. His attitude seems levels above clowns in this squad a decade older than him and deserves so much better than what he's had to deal with here.

Abraxas

Very good prospect.

Just finding life a bit trickier in the league which is because the team is also finding attacking harder in the league. No major coincidence there, if we see his runs and make the opportunities he'll score goals. If we don't we'll be left with scraps to analyse around his general play which of course needs refinement. Quite confident about him, he's a physical beast and he can clearly score.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Before the game, noticed he was one of the only players with a big smile on his face. His attitude seems levels above clowns in this squad a decade older than him and deserves so much better than what he's had to deal with here.
I saw that too. It was obviously because he'd caught the eye of someone he knew from his former club. Hell of a leap to decide that this shows a better attitude than his team mates.

Conor

He's playing for the club he supports, we should be signing players for reasons like this, and not because they want a huge pay packet.

Shark

@NotShark
I saw that too. It was obviously because he'd caught the eye of someone he knew from his former club. Hell of a leap to decide that this shows a better attitude than his team mates.
I'm not saying that was solely the reason, obviously his performance and work rate that followed showed that. Was just pointing it out.

Bwuk

He’d be on 10+ goals already if he’d went to a side like Spurs, Arsenal etc who create chances.

JuriM

20 goal striker already at 20, potential to be 35+ goal striker in a few years.

Hackman2210

Totally agree - sign players who want to come here - if they start asking for more money to come to UTD. Hearts are not in it - sack them off.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I enjoyed watching him burst forward when Garnacho was practically begging for the ball. It was like he was thinking "Nah, feck off mate. You and Bruno give me bugger all so this one is mine."

But then we lost again and now I'm just grumpy.

Oldham

I have high hopes for Rasmus... looks like a proper striker for United. Don't know who he reminds me of...maybe Andy Cole.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Still waiting to win his first game he scores in… takes away how much he contributed

Irwin99

How can he reach 20 if he can't net in the league?
20 might be a stretch and seems unlikely but he already has 5 in the champions league and we don't know if we're going to play in the Europa League. Obviously needs to start scoring more goals in the league though.

I'm going to go for 15 goals as a guess.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Everyone wants Kane (he is great) but I am very glad we signed Hojlund this season.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
To that effect I'm interested to see how Amad would work with him.
I think it would be a better combo than with Antony who keeps the ball way too long and as a result slows down the progression forward.
Amad will play triangles, 3rd man runs. But don't think he crosses or squares the ball to a typical #9 that much.

DanishPastry

He just needs service, he runs so much into position, but does not get the ball in run, i thought he had a hatrick in him, the save, and he outran that FCK defense but came in to wide to do something, seems to always get the ball goal bound, but his success all depends on service, and he has started to "go back" to just touch the ball, because when he does the striker thing, he is just left out of the game..

to be a striker on UTD today you have to be either a Ronaldo or a Zlatan, and have a attitude, that THIS IS my ball or i will kill you.. Ronaldo has so much service, because of the fanboyism from Bruno, when he failed the last season. but did not convert it.. if Bruno had the same love for Rasmus games will be won.

Superunknown

Have to say I'm very worried that he didn't score today. You would be expecting the striker of our club to be using a game such as today's to boost their numbers.

L1nk

Have to say I'm very worried that he didn't score today. You would be expecting the striker of our club to be using a game such as today's to boost their numbers.
Really should have had a goal and an assist today - team looks so low on confidence and bereft of ideas

Bobski

He has to score that chance in the first half, no excuses there.

We also need more from him in the build up, he completed 4 passes in that match, that is both on his teammates for not finding him regularly but also on him.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Two absolute sitters. No excuses for missing those.

As brutal as he is in the PL, he'll be missed when we have Mr. Laissez Faire up there, if Hojlund is actually injured badly.

Idxomer

He can be a very good striker if he sorts out his first touch and heading.

RedOrange

Done his hammy?
IDK if I had the same feed as everyone else but the announcer just went straight to a hamstring tear. It could easily just be a cramp or something. You typically don't see people continuing to play and walking off without a limp when they've torn a hammy.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Unlucky not to score of Rashford's cross early on. Ball looped off the defender and he did well to throw a hip at it. You can argue that had he put his knee through it, the ball would've risen over the keeper. However, he had to make a split second decision and he didn't have enough room to swing his foot at it. I loved his hold up play before he slid Garnacho through on goal. We could get a lot out of that if our widemen remember how to shoot. Not saying he can become a full fat Diego Costa type. However, the semi-skimmed version would still do bits for us.