View full 2023-24 profile

5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
There's always a weird obsession with league stats when you can use them to spin a narrative. If we were playing in the Europa and he was only scoring against teams from Kazakhstan and Cyprus, there'd be a point to be made, but we're not.

It's not as though bundling one in against Luton will somehow prove he has what it takes more than scoring against Bayern Munich away or being MOTM against Galatasaray.

mu4c_20le

Yep. He's a Torres type imo, but we're palying him with his back to goal so we're not really seeing his pace.

AFC NimbleThumb

A video popped up on my Youtube earlier titled ‘Will Hojlund come good like Nunez?’, sorry did I miss Hojlund being spoonfed multiple opportunities only to fall over his own feet &/or find Row Z?

The agenda has been set.

Dragam

A video popped up on my Youtube earlier titled ‘Will Hojlund come good like Nunez?’, sorry did I miss Hojlund being spoonfed multiple opportunities only to fall over his own feet &/or find Row Z?

The agenda has been set.
So many people wanting to see Man Utd fail (including alot of alleged Man Utd fans), and thereby also Højlund... and as you said, the agenda has been set.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.

The agenda has been set.
:lol:

Lyng

The agenda has been set.
The video you are talking about actually made some good points and they touched on the fact that he is not getting the service needed and that he will probably have to start just shooting from distance or keeping the ball if the other players arent doing it for him.
But also they mention that it takes time to get that chemistry going. Was quite a decent video to be fair.

Dragam

The video you are talking about actually made some good points and they touched on the fact that he is not getting the service needed and that he will probably have to start just shooting from distance or keeping the ball if the other players arent doing it for him.
But also they mention that it takes time to get that chemistry going. Was quite a decent video to be fair.
True, was a good video.

As i see it though, he won't start scoring as long as bruno aint playing him, and ignoring every run he is making, as bruno is the focal point of the buildup play.

Imo ten hag should have a good "talk" with bruno about this - aka beat it into his stupid fugly face that he is going to play him those balls, or be benched and stripped of the armband.

L1nk

He's class, again, feed him the ball and he scores. Great hold up play too, but was completely gassed at the end.

Feel sorry for him, he's scored 5 goals in the CL and we're somehow bottom of the table still

Superunknown

I feel for him. Played very well tonight, scored 2 goals and did everything expected for him. Should have tasted victory.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Wout on a Saturday, Ruud on a Tuesday. Great performance. That sub made zero sense.

Redstain

I feel sorry for him under this manger and club situation at this current moment in time. The coaches are unable to rejuvenate the attack it's really poor and I would hate to see the club ruin more youth by bringing them into this dysfunctional environment.

siw2007

Top goalscorer for the season, fastest player to reach 5 goals in the UCL for Utd, hasn’t scored in the prem and we have lost every game he has scored in.

Definitely not his fault but it’s a funny game.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
The curse of Hojlund continues. Whenever he scores we don’t win. Very unlucky today, he gave everything and was so happy when he got the goals. True red

kundalini

Good movement for his first from McTominay's cross, easy tap-in for his 2nd after Garnacho's shot was saved, fierce shot saved and a chance on the counter that he made a poor contact but the shot ended up going close.

TempusFugit

I guarantee you that he'd have scored at least 10 goals in the PL alone if he was at Spurs, Arsenal or Man City. We've got a very good striker and we're making him look bang average. We keep this up and proper talents like him won't want to come to our club anymore

The Hilton

We still haven't gotten a point in the games he's scored in.
:lol:

I was just thinking, gotta feel for the guy, he's scored 2 braces in matches we were well on top in, we should be talking about him as a match winner but, thanks to some terrible luck and terrible defending, his goals have become an afterthought.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
he’s like a diamond, slowly bobbing away from us in a sea of shit.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Genuinely, I feel for the guy. He is doing as much as he can be reasonably expected to. By and large, when he gets chances he converts. It's just he's feeding off scraps most the time. When he's not his teammates manage to f-k it up for him. Back to back Champions League braces. What's he got to show for it..?

RedDevilQuebecois

He did really well prior to Rashford's red card. However, my biggest concern is that he cannot finish the full 90 at all.

Wasted by his own teammates' stupidity again.

Dragam

He did really well prior to Rashford's red card. However, my biggest concern is that he cannot finish the full 90 at all.

Wasted by his own teammates' stupidity again.
Ten hag has obviously told him to work as hard in pressing as he possibly can, meaning he is gassed before the 90 minuttes.

Had he played as most other strikers do (aka not very aggressive pressing throughout the match), he would have no issues doing 90 min.

I personally agree with the strategy of him burning all his energy in aggressive pressing for 70 minuttes, then subbing him for fresh legs.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He's been very good throughout the season. I know some people only pay attention to goals and assists but his all round performances in open play have been very good. One of the posters above mentioned Hojlund scoring 10 + goals if he was at Arsenal in the current season, and I agree. If Hojlund was at Arsenal he would've scored a number of goals without a doubt.

Walters_19_MuFc

Feel for him. Yet again he scores two goals and we go onto bottle the game. However, it was a good performance from him. Holpfully we'll start to see him bagging a few in the EPL,

Valencia Shin Crosses

He's been very good throughout the season. I know some people only pay attention to goals and assists but his all round performances in open play have been very good. One of the posters above mentioned Hojlund scoring 10 + goals if he was at Arsenal in the current season, and I agree. If Hojlund was at Arsenal he would've scored a number of goals without a doubt.
Oh no doubt. I think his shots per 90 is comically low to almost any other striker in the top half of the table. We basically never create for him, yet he still manages to be a danger point for teams every game.

Irwin99

5 goals in 4 games in the champions league is very encouraging. Even aside from the goals, his workrate was fantastic again tonight.