2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Foolsgold21

His conversion rate must be right up there in recent months - swear he only has 1 or 2 chances a game.

Jev

It’s not only the goals, he also just looks a lot more natural and comfortable on the pitch. It’s incredible how confidence, or lack of it, can transform a striker. Looking really promising lately.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Didn't get a lot to work with today, but got his goal.

Commentators said he is now the second youngest player to score in five games in a row in the Premier League. The youngest being Anelka.
That’s good company to be in. Anelka was a teenage prodigy.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
I've missed a forward who scores poachers goals. But even besides his goals, hes holding the ball up well, driving it well, and making correct decisions.

Natener

Remember when Ronaldo was here last two seasons and the team (Bruno in particular) was trying to serve up goal scoring chances on a plate for him? Why can’t Hojlund have that?

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Spare a thought for the "League One striker" brigade who are going to have to move the goalposts to say that only domestic cup goals count very shortly. :(

next_number_seven

Excited to see him with a pre-season in the tank. Still get the feeling the front players are figuring him and where he runs/wants the ball out on a game by game basis.
I'm pretty sure for Garnacho's chance in the 2nd half that he put wide, that Højlund was free to his left.

I'd like to see a game where Amad comes on and hits those nice diagonal passes.

Dobba

I'm pretty sure for Garnacho's chance in the 2nd half that he put wide, that Højlund was free to his left.

I'd like to see a game where Amad comes on and hits those nice diagonal passes.
They're definitely getting better at finding him, especially in the last month or two, but yeah I thought that too. I guess there's only so much you can do in training with limited intensity compared to a Premier League game. You'd like to think it's a relatively easy issue to fix when the coaching staff can focus on it over a summer.

I think Hojlund will be better long term but you have shown yourself with that comment
Shown what? That I think Jackson will likely be a squad player in future for Chelsea?

As for your judgement on Højlund’s price, what do you think a club would have to pay for him after this season? Especially if he keeps up anything like this current form?

Kelly15

Super excited about this guy. To be this good this young. Unreal. He could seriously be our next one. I believe that over the next 2 to 3 season he is going to blossom into a world class striker.

Alemar

He is steadily improving his goal contribution per 90 ratio. At 0.56 G/A per 90 after today - not bad.

flameinthesun

He's one of those players where he seems to have all the right raw ingredients. Physically if we can get him a little bit stronger and more explosive (which he already is) he has the fundamentals to match Haaland in that aspect although I doubt he'll ever be as natural a finisher as Haaland. However, he does have a lot of potential if we can mould him right.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Shown what? That I think Jackson will likely be a squad player in future for Chelsea?

As for your judgement on Højlund’s price, what do you think a club would have to pay for him after this season? Especially if he keeps up anything like this current form?
Shown that you don’t judge players soley on what they have done on the pitch and narratives and who they play for (e.g Hojlund signing for United) has a big part to play in your thinking

I think he is playing this season how I expected and if he ends the season with about 15 goals all competitions thats a good first season for a 50m euro signing.

Like I previously said not his fault the club can’t negotiate transfers well (as we know)

DSG

"Only 5 goals"

He brings so much more than just goals, his pace and work rate creates lot of space, him, Garnacho, Rashford are clicking well. They are threat with their direct attacking runs.
Completely isolated at times. Not acceptable. Usually team should create about 5-6 opportunity for CF to shoot.
Showing more and more that he's a complete CF with elite potential. Such a rare profile of player but a necessity for top teams
His hold up play has improved loads. Good instinctive finish for the goal.
I watched him very carefully today. He is a beast to handle, fast, big and strong. The poachers goal showed good anticipation. The goal he score the previous match was quality. However… watch his runs when Garnacho or Rashford or Bruno have the ball. He is really raw in that he basically makes the same run every time. Straight to the 6 yard box. Not even near or far post. There was one point in the match where Garnacho had the ball in the box and instead of offering the cutback by running towards Garnacho, he, well, ran into the 6 yrd box where there were 3 defenders. He rarely makes diagonal runs to the sideline to release pressure on the wingers with possession and drag defenders wide so the wingers can cut inside. If you look at his heat maps, my guess is that he’s mostly in the center 3rd of the pitch.

He’s raw. Top strikers like Kane, Haaland, Mbappe, Lewandowski, hell, even Nunez are much more polished and much more unpredictable movements in the box.

Hopefully he’ll improve a lot in this area.

Schmeichels pinky

I watched him very carefully today. He is a beast to handle, fast, big and strong. The poachers goal showed good anticipation. The goal he score the previous match was quality. However… watch his runs when Garnacho or Rashford or Bruno have the ball. He is really raw in that he basically makes the same run every time. Straight to the 6 yard box. Not even near or far post. There was one point in the match where Garnacho had the ball in the box and instead of offering the cutback by running towards Garnacho, he, well, ran into the 6 yrd box where there were 3 defenders. He rarely makes diagonal runs to the sideline to release pressure on the wingers with possession and drag defenders wide so the wingers can cut inside. If you look at his heat maps, my guess is that he’s mostly in the center 3rd of the pitch.

He’s raw. Top strikers like Kane, Haaland, Mbappe, Lewandowski, hell, even Nunez are much more polished and much more unpredictable movements in the box.

He did it at least once today - when Rashford dribbled in from the left, he drew two defenders in the opposite direction. Also, he has scored from both near post runs and cutbacks.

criticalanalysis

I'd agree that he very often makes runs that are harder to receive the pass or don't give the one with the ball an easy passing angle. However, I'd also say he makes plenty of good runs. I said it before, if I had to simplify it, he probably makes 5 'bad' runs and 5 'good' runs. However, the bigger issue is that he will only receive the ball about 2 out of 10 times.

So whilst his movement for runs are of an issue because of his reading of the game, the fact that he makes numerous runs is still good. It's criminal how often he is ignored though.

Again if I had to simplify and rate Hojlund movement, it'd be a 6/10, very average. Garnacho and Rashford's crossing, passing and final ball in the final third is 5/10, below average. That's the crux of the problem for me.

Superunknown

11G +2A so far this season.
He's averaging close to that 1:3 ratio overall and is finding his feet in the league now. On a good run. The rest of the season should really be about him adding as many as he can to that tally (aiming for double figures in the league) and his team mates getting used to his playing style, therefore creating more chances for him when we go into next season.

Irwin99

He's getting as pissed off at Garnacho as Rooney used to with Ronaldo. Both are coming along nicely though, especially in the last month or so.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS

I think it's a bit more nuanced than that. In general you want someone to make the run into the six yard box and preferably to the front post. Because that forces the defenders to track you unless they want you to have an easy finish. This also creates fit the cutback. You want someone going to the front post as a defender at the front post can cut out a pass to the back post whereas it doesn't work the other way around, so it's basically a numbers game in the end. It often falls on the striker to make that run as they're most likely to be furthest forward.

Of course sometimes there'll be so much space on the back post that your competent teammate should be able to find you through defenders but in most cases you simply need to have someone going to that front post. And other times you should come short but in general you need someone forcing the defenders to track back or making it risky to step out.

Leonzo1

I reckon he'll get to 60-70 percent of Halaand's ability in 2-3 years. Which means top 10 strikers in the world and 25-30 goal contributions every season. Very exciting player and seems like a great character in the dressing room. Very happy for him as he really deserved it after the start he had. It may be premature but going for him instead of Kane might be a brilliant call in the end.

mu4c_20le

I'm just happy he is finally adapting to the pace of the PL. Goals against smaller European sides are nice and all, but he has to be in the mix with the rest of the big boys in the league to be taken seriously.

lex talionis

A little, but it’s mostly the team around him that’s improved. He’s been very good the whole time.
We all want to be positive, but there’s nothing wrong with acknowledging that a player’s performances have improved recently. Rasmus always worked hard, but shots that were hitting the keeper are now just out of reach of the keeper. I’ll grant you fine margins, but fine margins are the difference between playing well and playing very well. Rasmus is now playing very well, and I hope we agree that there’s still room for further improvement.