2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Levenstein

Needs more service, such a great player and we don’t use him efficiently.

Would love to see them specially from Bruno, who is fallen apart totally at the moment.

Nickosaur

Anyone who's giving it the; "You can see the talent/He's almost there/diamond in the rough/it'll come good, he's too good not to" spiel is talking out their arse.

He is not a good player. He has one facet to his game, being able to back into a defender. The rest ranges from absolute rubbish to limited.

We were sold another pup.
Hehe

dogwithabone

Reminds me of Dalgleish the way he squats low down and backs into the defender when he receives the ball back to goal. Great hold up play, excellent awareness, quick and seems to have a variety of finishes. Looks a far more complete player than Haaland - although not yet as deadlier a finisher.

LDUred

He's handling himself much better in the physical exchanges now and sucking players in.

Still a bit of work to do on his link up play in the final third, but you can see the raw potential there. He's looks tough to play against.

Oranges038

Feck it.. he's on a good run, just a reminder of some of the shit posts from earlier on in the season.

He is absolutely awful. Nothing more than a battering ram. Another shit signing.
Anyone who's giving it the; "You can see the talent/He's almost there/diamond in the rough/it'll come good, he's too good not to" spiel is talking out their arse.

He is not a good player. He has one facet to his game, being able to back into a defender. The rest ranges from absolute rubbish to limited.

We were sold another pup.
A lot of money wasted on a player who is nowhere near ready
I'm afraid he's not very good - right now. Shame as I really hope he makes it.
He is not good enough to play at this level, ive not seen a convincing performance from him in any of the league games he has played
Waste of money
He isn't good enough 72m on him in the summer was pretty stupid. Yes he has some talent, but as usual United fans clearly overstating said talent
I predict he goes out on loan in the summer and we never see him again.
Still way off being ready for us. Might never be.

Martial is better.
Trying to make a case for him being a decent player is hard. He’s too young and was too expensive but half way into the season he basically looks like a younger and way more expensive Weghorst. Think we’d all be laughing at Liverpool if they’d bought someone like this.
The Scandinavian Lukaku. He may get better but his first touch is shocking and I don't see it improving to the level it needs to be at. Technique can only be marginally improved.
We play better with Martial
We do but don’t say it too loudly
I've watched him all season. He's been 5 yards off everything as he was yesterday. Anybody thinking he's now going to be smashing them in left right and centre is naive and setting themselves up for disappointment. He's years off being ready to lead a line.
Never mind striker, he's not a very good footballer.
I finally figured out who he reminds of, it's Timo Werner.
We got our pants pulled down with this lad. He’s looking pretty garbage all over.
We have the Danish Martial on our hands, paid way over the price for potential again.
The standards of this club, there was a time when even lukaku was deemed not good enough for united and now you have fans excusing this lad game after game when it is is clear his all round play is average and his ability in front of the goal is poor
£75M for him, £7.5M would have been over priced.

He is technically on form as his stats go, which some told us all to ignore when we signed him.

He isn't a goal scorer and never has been.
He just doesn't have it.

Striker is a bit of problem position for the summer.
Other than being big and fast what are his outstanding attributes that people are hanging their hat on? Trying to see it.
He doesn't look a good finisher to me. He's not a clean striker of the ball.

Chairman Steve

That second goal today was the best quick thinking/improvised actions I’ve seen since that Hernandez backwards header against Stoke too.

surf

Imagine it was us who got him for that?
That was not going to happen. Hojlund has made the right moves for his career. Unless you are a Rooney type who will go straight into the first team at the age of 18 it is better to go to an ascending sequence of lesser clubs where you get games to develop in an environment with less pressure. Then hit prime time around 21.

Adz_99

Suddenly £72m doesn't start to look like such a ludicrous fee. Up to 13 goals in all competitions and its only February.

The form he's in you could easily see him getting to 20 which would be some acheivment for a 21 year old.

NotChatGPT

Brownfinger
Difficult not to like him from the start, proper handful for defenders as he's always challenging them for the ball and doesn't shy away from the physical duels. No idea why people were negative towards him.

SER19

Best striker performance for us in years.

The state of comments in this and the ten hag recruitment threads earlier in season. A potentially world class striker who was just 20 when we signed him.

SER19

Feck it.. he's on a good run, just a reminder of some of the shit posts from earlier on in the season.
Embarrassing stuff. That's how forums work though - vent rubbish then pretend it never happened

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
That was not going to happen. Hojlund has made the right moves for his career. Unless you are a Rooney type who will go straight into the first team at the age of 18 it is better to go to an ascending sequence of lesser clubs where you get games to develop in an environment with less pressure. Then hit prime time around 21.
I think players like Mainoo Ronaldo Garnacho Rashford and so on have shown that we will always give the right 18 year olds a chance. We need to be signing more young players like Rasmus who are just on the verge of majorly breaking through. Bellingham Haaland or any of them would have been playing first team football for us at any point from 18 onwards simply because they were already far better than anyone we already had. Rasmus is the same.

Last edited:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Reminds me of Dalgleish the way he squats low down and backs into the defender when he receives the ball back to goal. Great hold up play, excellent awareness, quick and seems to have a variety of finishes. Looks a far more complete player than Haaland - although not yet as deadlier a finisher.
He’s currently converting 64% of his shots. His finishing is up there with any. We need to see what he does with more opportunities.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Best striker performance for us in years.

The state of comments in this and the ten hag recruitment threads earlier in season. A potentially world class striker who was just 20 when we signed him.
He wasn't even a ten Hag signing but rather a signing put forward by the guys who replaced Bout and Lawlor.

Winrar

Happy to put my hands up and admit I was wrong. After seeing players after players dive in form over the years after coming to United, I was worried after seeing him miss one opportunity after another. Fortunately it looks like his form was more of a mental block compounded by his drought and CL exit rather than lack of ability.

I'll still err on the side of caution when it comes to hyping him up, but if he can notch double digit PL goals this season as he's on track to, he would've had a relatively successful first season even including his drought.

Experience will only make him better, as well as teammates trusting him more to put away goals.

In Rainbows

After seeing players after players dive in form over the years after coming to United, I was worried after seeing him miss one opportunity after another.
The thing is, I don't think that was happening. He just wasn't getting chances. People who were complaining about him were mentioning how he wasn't putting himself in goal scoring opportunities by being a step too slow, rather than blaming his teammates. That I found odd given Hojlund's movement was very Chicharito like (unlike Lukaku).

Even now, he's not getting much service. I don't know how long this form will last, not because of Hojlund's ability, but because he actually needs goal scoring chances created by his teammates.

SAFMUTD

Seems to be the only one at the club who can actually take a one on one against the keeper.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He’s currently converting 64% of his shots. His finishing is up there with any. We need to see what he does with more opportunities.
It will be reduced eventually but for a top striker even 30% chance is already so good. That's 1 goal in 3 shots. Haaland has around 28%.

Golden Nugget

His all round game was fantastic today - good finish for the first - and absolutely brilliant for the second. Holdup play, pressing were all top notch.

Only issue I had was he ran out of steam towards the last parts of the game - otherwise he would have had a hat trick. Can’t recall if this is a one off, or his general fitness has been an issue

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Beginning to remind me of Drogba
For sure he has that ferocity in him when running after the ball the same way Drogba used to do. Making defenders shit their pants whenever he's charging or carrying the ball. Rashford is probably more muscular but he can be stopped quite easily, it's hard to stop Hojlund when he gives his all like that. That's how Drogba got his goals against us, even if it's against Vidic-Rio duo he was always a nuisance.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
@Leftback99 is absent from this thread lately. :(
Hang in there, I'm sure Rasmus will have a bad performance sooner or later and you'll be able to post again!

oz insomniac

Not sure the wi hers are helping , but if the midfield can get more creative the. Hojlund will thrive. Theoff season and next transfer window is important to strengthen the side , but FFP may well be the problem. Woodward etc still haunts the club.

SWE-Chucky

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Great highlights, showing how much more he offers for the team more then just scoring goals. Finally we found a very young player with an amazing talent, great attitude, hard working, wants to play for us and found his place in the team fast.

While Haaland has scored a lot more goals, and did specially last year - Höjlund is a much better player then him already all around and I am not sure Höjlund would be far behind if he was the one playing for city last year when they won everything and scored goals for fun. United as a team have not been creating near as many chances as city does every game and our players did not try to find him in every attack (as they do with Haaland in city where it seemed that the tactics from Pep was to play the last pass to Haaland from his first game) first 10-15 games of the season, it has increased more and more as he has starting to find the net and now he has proven that he is our main man for scoring and players trust him more and you can see that we have been working hard to find both crosses and passes behind defenders to him last 10-15 games.

Dont get me wrong though, Haaland is an absolute machine when it comes to scoring and he will probably keep scoring 35-50 goals for many seasons, but he doesn't offer much more for city then scoring goals, and which also is his main thing to do at the pitch., City have a great way in involving their other players to create chances for Haaland.

I am sure that Höjlund would score a lot goals if he was to play for city instead - but I am not so sure that Haaland would be as good for United as Höjlund is in those highlights. Haaland outside the box does not offer much.

SWE-Chucky

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Not sure the wi hers are helping , but if the midfield can get more creative the. Hojlund will thrive. Theoff season and next transfer window is important to strengthen the side , but FFP may well be the problem. Woodward etc still haunts the club.
Haha, go and check out "my open heart surgery; Summer 2024" in the "What do we still need" thread. Maybe that team i posted there would help both Höjlund and us reaching higher standards.

Eddy_JukeZ

I'll hold my hand up and say he's proved me wrong.

He's been really good lately. Even ignoring the goals. His hold-up play and link-up play has been fairly superb.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Wow….It’s strange because overall I’ve felt he looks a really good player. There was a period of about a month where I thought he looked like he was struggling a bit but aside from that he’s looked class.

Saying the club overpaid (which they did) doesn’t negate that.
I still don’t understand the argument, Atalanta weren’t gonna sell him cheaper, they knew they had a breakout star on their hands and had no reason to sell cheaply. Better to just hang on to a top talent in that case and sell him later.

So our option was to pay 60m up front and get him now, or go the season with a lesser striker to play it safe and likely end up in a bidding war for him next Summer.
Just 6 months after his arrival he looks every bit the 60m young striker talent we paid for.

We’ve overpaid for a lot of players but Højlund certainly looks one where both the selling and buying club got it bang on with their valuation. If we put Højlund up for sale this Summer, we’d very likely make money on him.