Rasmus Højlund | Signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

Certainly wouldn't be against this signing at all, might not potentially be very fair to him if he's our only striker signing though. A lot of pressure on the young lad.
Yeah wouldn't want to put that pressure on him,that's why I feel like a move for Benzema just for a season makes sense

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I believe he's a guy who used to be one of the top reporters at Sky Sports, that's how I remember his name being SkySportsPeteO. He might have had a little fall from grace since then though!
I always remembered him being someone who made his handle to seem like he worked for sky, but could be wrong

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
15 Goals and 7 assists in all club comps this season. He'd be a great option as a secondary but we need another 25/30 goal striker in the team.
He is only 20. His numbers is very likely to go up later. Kane at his 20 only scored 4 goals.

croadyman

Should go for Benzema then that takes much of the pressure away from Hojlund

Drizzle

Should go for Benzema then that takes much of the pressure away from Hojlund
I'd go for neither of these players.

If we went for both we'd have a young player who's not good enough and not ready, and an ageing superstar who is already entering steep decline. We're not winning the league with that combo.

whitbyviking

I'd go for neither of these players.

If we went for both we'd have a young player who's not good enough and not ready, and an ageing superstar who is already entering steep decline. We're not winning the league with that combo.
If you substitute Hoijland for Martial and add Benzema to the mix then that would bring a minimum of 20-25 extra goals, this would have given us enough to be challenging methinks.

Bondi77

If you substitute Hoijland for Martial and add Benzema to the mix then that would bring a minimum of 20-25 extra goals, this would have given us enough to be challenging methinks.
Benzema???
I don't think many fans on here would like that with his history :nono:

Telsim

World class potential. Get him. He will benefit greatly from Ten Hag's coaching.

whitbyviking

Benzema???
Read again including the quoted comment I replied to, I'm not suggesting we sign him. I was responding to the hypothetical that the two mentioned players wouldn't have us in a title race, when last season they most likely would have.

CantonaManc

See where they play, how they play, if they play..
Supports
ETH's tricky reds
In Rasmus i think there is a player in him and in 2 years time or more maybe he can establish himself as good 9 and deliver goals to the squad but right now i think he is still raw and if we look to make a deal for him we should only sign him as second striker for the future.

It seems that there is hype around him but apart from the goals he scored with Denmark in the Euro Qualifiers and couple in Seria A he is nothing special.

His stats this year in Seria A are
Serie A

YearMatchesGoalsAssists
2022-233182

Not so bad but on the other side not so good either.

His Stats in the Austrian League with SK Sturm Gaz.

YearMatchesGoalsAssists
2022-23532
2021-221361

And his stats in the Danish League with Copenhagen are even worse, but we must assume that he was much younger then.

YearMatchesGoalsAssists
2021-221500
2020-21400

I don't see anything special about him and I don't know where the hype is coming from, there are certainly many better young strikers than him, such as Vitor Roque.

I have nothing against him but if United decide to buy only him as their main striker next season I think I have some bad news.

We need to get a minimum 2 strikers with one of them being proven like Vlahovic,Lautaro,Kane so we can let the lad learn from them and over some period of time to overtake them if he even manages to reach their level.

Bondi77

Read again including the quoted comment I replied to, I'm not suggesting we sign him. I was responding to the hypothetical that the two mentioned players wouldn't have us in a title race, when last season they most likely would have.
I stand corrected...my apologies :)

Bestietom

We should go for this guy with another striker, maybe Ramos or even Thuram on a free. Having competition would be great for us.

Mike Smalling

Would be kinda awesome to have the biggest Danish striking talent in a generation play for United. If we only get him, I’d be concerned at the level of pressure and responsibility he would have to handle at a very young age. But he has real talent. At first glance it may look like mostly pace and power, but he also has a great touch and good ability to link up.

Idxomer

In Rasmus i think there is a player in him and in 2 years time or more maybe he can establish himself as good 9 and deliver goals to the squad but right now i think he is still raw and if we look to make a deal for him we should only sign him as second striker for the future.

It seems that there is hype around him but apart from the goals he scored with Denmark in the Euro Qualifiers and couple in Seria A he is nothing special.

Serie A
YearMatchesGoalsAssists
2022-233182

YearMatchesGoalsAssists
2022-23532
2021-221361

And his stats in the Danish League with Copenhagen are even worse, but we must assume that he was much younger then.

YearMatchesGoalsAssists
2021-221500
2020-21400

I don't see anything special about him and I don't know where the hype is coming from, there are certainly many better young strikers than him, such as Vitor Roque.

I have nothing against him but if United decide to buy only him as their main striker next season I think I have some bad news.

We need to get a minimum 2 strikers with one of them being proven like Vlahovic,Lautaro,Kane so we can let the lad learn from them and over some period of time to overtake them if he even manages to reach their level.
I do agree with that. Hojlund hasn't even been a guaranteed starter for Atalanta this season. He has scored fewer goals than Lookman who flopped for both Leicester and Everton. He is like Sesko who has potential but maybe 2 or 3 years away from being ready to lead the line for a club like Manchester United.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

Serie A
YearMatchesGoalsAssists
2022-233182

YearMatchesGoalsAssists
2022-23532
2021-221361

YearMatchesGoalsAssists
2021-221500
2020-21400

Don’t think you are looking it at the “right” way, as there are usually many bit part bench/sub appearances for the youngster. Remember he was only a teenager coming on from the bench in majority of his appearances you are looking at.

For example, if we break it down into per 90 mins, the whole stats would suddenly looks much different.

22-23 (age 19-20)

Atalanta
9 goals 4 assist in 1814 mins (eq to 20.15 games)
0.65 goal+assist per 90 mins

Sturm Graz
6 goals 3 assist in 654 mins (eq to 7.26 games)
1.24 goal+assist per 90 mins

Total (Atalanta+Sturm Graz)
15 goal 7 assist in 2467 min (eq to 27.4 games)
0.8 goal+assist per 90 mins

21-22 (age 18-19)

Sturm Graz + Copenhagen
12 goal 1 assist in 1782 min (eq to 19.8 games)
0.65 goal+assist per 90 min

I think that’s quite impressive consider his age.

Last edited:

L1nk

Serie A
YearMatchesGoalsAssists
2022-233182

YearMatchesGoalsAssists
2022-23532
2021-221361

YearMatchesGoalsAssists
2021-221500
2020-21400

If you want to talk purely goals he has 9 less goals in 45 less appearences for clubs than MG, albeit in the Premier League. Considering he's also younger and played for far worse teams who haven't had the likes of Bruno Fernandes and other world class players supplying him with assists I don't think that's particularly bad at his age.

Vitor Roque who is apparently vastly superior has 4 less goals in 14 less appearences in a far worse league than Rasmus is playing in, so how do you define him being better than him?

You have to look at the overall picture and see that his attributes for his age are extremely good and are very adaptable to the Premier League, pace, power, agility, dribbling, height. Is he world class right now? No, but he could be, he's a big fan of ours and if we cannot get a striker like Kane we should take a chance on a young striker ready to explode who could potentially lead the line for us for years to come.

Besides... it's always typical that people don't want to take chances on players like this then complain and ask what were our scouts doing when another club picks them up and we have to spend 100+ million trying to pry them away from that club after they do become good.

I do agree with you if we buy him though we should also bring in someone who has more experience to help along for a season or two

Alemar

Don’t think you are looking it at the “right” way, as there are usually many bit part bench/sub appearances for the youngster. Remember he was only a teenager coming on from the bench in majority of his appearances you are looking at.

For example, if we break it down into per 90 mins, the whole stats would suddenly looks much different.

22-23 (age 19-20)

Atalanta
9 goals 4 assist in 1814 mins (eq to 20.15 games)
0.65 goal+assist per 90 mins

Sturm Graz
6 goals 3 assist in 654 mins (eq to 7.26 games)
1.24 goal+assist per 90 mins

Total (Atalanta+Sturm Graz)
15 goal 7 assist in 2467 min (eq to 27.4 games)
0.8 goal+assist per 90 mins

21-22 (age 18-19)

Sturm Graz + Copenhagen
12 goal 1 assist in 1782 min (eq to 19.8 games)
0.65 goal+assist per 90 min

I think that’s quite impressive consider his age.
For comparison, Garnacho has 0.76 G+A per 90 this season, in a much more difficult league and at a younger age.

Infra-red

He's clearly talented, but not ready to lead the line at United. I recall reading a report somewhere among the thousands of reports that have already been written about the transfer window, saying that Ten Hag's preference is two forwards this summer - an experienced goal scorer and a younger talent. Hojlund and A N other coming in (presumably with Martial and Weghorst departing) would probably be smart business.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Has anyone here actually seen this kid play a few times, or are all of these opinions just based off of some stats?

Lyng

Has anyone here actually seen this kid play a few times, or are all of these opinions just based off of some stats?
I have seen him play quite a few times. Talent is clearly there and he is very strong physically.

mancsarered

I would be very excited by this signing if it was in addition to a striker who is ready to lead the line right away. He's 20 years old and has only played one season in Serie A; he will need time to hone his game and settle in to England. Kane + Hojlund would probably be my dream transfer window in terms of adding goals to the team, but I know that's probably a pipe dream. If we end up with Hojlund, we'll probably have to keep Martial around, and that would be underwhelming.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Benzema???
13 years too late but apart from that a really great transfer for Utd. We really need to get two of the best young striker prospects and let them fight it out. Sell the worse of the two in a few years and get another promising one and so on. Stop with the stopgaps. Teams and clubs need more than a single season to gel. While we go out and buy the oldies Real are stocking up with the newest generation of potential world stars. If they fail they’ll just take the financial hit and quickly move on to the next thing. That’s how you do it. This game is all about talent identification and getting the signing over the line before a more attractive club come along

bosskeano

i think this is a no brainer move IF and ONLY IF it doesn't impact bringing in a starting #9. Martial is fuking useless, he doesn't score enough and he's always injured so we need to ship him out which means we have to find a guy to lead the line. However, it never hurts having enough goal scorers in the mix and this kid is proving in a difficult defensive league that he can find the back of the net.

croadyman

i think this is a no brainer move IF and ONLY IF it doesn't impact bringing in a starting #9. Martial is fuking useless, he doesn't score enough and he's always injured so we need to ship him out which means we have to find a guy to lead the line. However, it never hurts having enough goal scorers in the mix and this kid is proving in a difficult defensive league that he can find the back of the net.
Yeah I would totally agree with this but when you see prices like £60m it seems highly unlikely that's the case,however happy to be proved wrong

bosskeano

Yeah I would totally agree with this but when you see prices like £60m it seems highly unlikely that's the case,however happy to be proved wrong
isn't that 60m his release clause or something like that?

Ralaks

From what I've heard in Interviews he seems like a sound guy, a recent podcast he talks a lot about studying other strikers, trying to mimic and learn their movements, so he at least sounds like he has a good mentality for improvement. More grounded than others at that age.

Wether or not his skill matches what we need I have no idea, but his frame of mind to get there sounds great

L1nk

Hojlund more likely than Kolo Muani too from that article. We might genuinely be priced/blocked out of our main targets this summer

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Doesn’t score a lot, does he? Be nice to add his 8 goals a season to the team

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
My Grandma in the Bundesliga can score more than this guy.

Overrated Foreign Player in a Foreign League hardly making double digits.

L1nk

Doesn’t score a lot, does he? Be nice to add his 8 goals a season to the team
For his age and the team that he plays in it's not bad, it's not great currently either. But he does have a lethal shot on him and great attributes that can translate well to the Prem, he actually reminds me of Kane a bit but with actual speed, I think this is why we are interested. Put him in the United team with the likes of Bruno feeding him and he will get vastly more chances and much more goals guaranteed

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I have seen him play quite a few times. Talent is clearly there and he is very strong physically.
Which is likely why we are looking at him. We know what Kane can do, but a youngster to then learn the ropes from hin would need to be able to look after himself in the PL.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

We are going for potential it seems.
You have to bring potential in as well as experience. We can't keep signing old fogies hoping for short term success. If we could get Kane, who will hopefully have a number of years left on him and this lad. It would be great.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
For his age and the team that he plays in it's not bad, it's not great currently either. But he does have a lethal shot on him and great attributes that can translate well to the Prem, he actually reminds me of Kane a bit but with actual speed, I think this is why we are interested. Put him in the United team with the likes of Bruno feeding him and he will get vastly more chances and much more goals guaranteed
Nothing is guaranteed with a young player like this. I think it would be naive to expect a serious improvement in his numbers initially - the PL is a much tougher league afterall. But, it could happen I suppose. Clearly one for in a few years time, but I'm curious as to how talented he actually is as there's not a lot been said about him. I would like to know how he stack up against Evan Ferguson, for example.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Mate your Shtick is getting boring and annoying to be honest .
Glad I’m annoying you as I’m not doing anything different to your Shtick either.

The people who find English Players overrated and overpriced are like an itch on my back that I can’t reach.

Status
Not open for further replies.