Rasmus Højlund | Signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyng

Which is likely why we are looking at him. We know what Kane can do, but a youngster to then learn the ropes from hin would need to be able to look after himself in the PL.
Absolutely. I fully suspect the idea with Højlund is to be our backup striker. He is still very young.

L1nk

Nothing is guaranteed with a young player like this. I think it would be naive to expect a serious improvement in his numbers initially - the PL is a much tougher league afterall. But, it could happen I suppose. Clearly one for in a few years time, but I'm curious as to how talented he actually is as there's not a lot been said about him. I would like to know how he stack up against Evan Ferguson, for example.
Of course nothing is guaranteed, he's raw, but all i'm saying is the attributes are already there to help him push on and explode over the next few seasons and it looks like our scouts/recruitment team agree. He will get much much better service than he's been getting at Atalanta too where he has often times found himself isolated. He's also a huge fan of the club, that's always a bonus to me!

Honestly to guess between Hojlund and Ferguson's trajectory would be wild at this stage, but if you were to judge very very early based purely on what they've shown - in United terms, Ferguson would probably be a RVN type, probably score more individual goals, and Hojlund would probably be a Saha type (without the injuries), faster and likely to be better to overall team play. Impossible to say if this is how it would end up though of course

Last edited:

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Said in the other thread if we didn't get Kane - RKM or Hojlund and an experience striker.

The key thing in this would be who we look to target as an experienced striker if so.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
The Unamed has more chance of being chosen by Ten Hag to return than us buying a striker for 60 million who can’t score 9 goals in the Serie A.

MadMike

Said in the other thread if we didn't get Kane - RKM or Hojlund and an experience striker.

The key thing in this would be who we look to target as an experienced striker if so.
I don't think we'll be getting 2 strikers if we don't get Kane. Partly because Rashford can fill in very well as striker (as evidenced this season) and partly cause Martial is very likely to stay and take the space and money that would go to another striker.

Just a personal opinion

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
The Unamed has more chance of being chosen by Ten Hag to return than us buying a striker for 60 million who can’t score 9 goals in the Serie A.
Who pissed on your cornflakes this morning? You're on a rampage across the threads. :lol:

Why does this logic not work for this signing? If Ten Hag (a top manager) wants him, he must rate him.
So excited. 3 top managers want him whilst the fan base are crying, makes me sure he will be quality for us ie. the fanbases opposite reactions to sancho

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
I don't think we'll be getting 2 strikers if we don't get Kane. Partly because Rashford can fill in very well as striker (as evidenced this season) and partly cause Martial is very likely to stay and take the space and money that would go to another striker.

Just a personal opinion
Also there are no experienced striker options available. Checking the golden boot stats for this year, I can't see any viable options outside of Kane.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

Just a personal opinion
I think we have to though, we can't pin all the pressure on someone like Hojlund and we need a proper CF. I wouldn't be surprised if we went back for someone like Choupo Mouting

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Who pissed on your cornflakes this morning? You're on a rampage across the threads. :lol:

Why does this logic not work for this signing? If Ten Hag (a top manager) wants him, he must rate him.
Who wants to sign Hojlund?

Mount is rated by Ten Hag, Klopp, Tuchel, Arteta - Hojlund is not rated to that amount and quality of manager.

Also Mount has more goals scored in a single season in the PL as a midfielder than Hojlund has as a striker in the Serie A:rolleyes:

Then there’s people crying about signing Mount whilst craving to sign Hojlund.

Crazy stuff man :lol:

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Just a personal opinion
We can't rely on Martial as he will be likely be injured for two thirds of next season.

Judas

Open to offers

Mount is rated by Ten Hag, Klopp, Tuchel, Arteta - Hojlund is not rated to that amount and quality of manager.

Also Mount has more goals scored in a single season in the PL as a midfielder than Hojlund has as a striker in the Serie A:rolleyes:

Then there’s people crying about signing Mount whilst craving to sign Hojlund.

Crazy stuff man :lol:
Are you ok? Whats Mount go to do with this lad?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
How about you actually watch him play and understand he’s young but he has everything needed to be a top striker. Stat merchants man.

Woziak

I really like this transfer, add M Thuram on a free and then we go after Kane in January with a £40m offer take it or leave it as well sign Kane on a free in summer 24.

Daniel Levy finally going to get burnt as Kane doesn’t want to go to Madrid as he’s looking to be EPL greatest scorer. Levy will be forced to do business with us or Kane could go to Chelsea on a free !

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

Supposedly, us. Just as strong links to him as there are to Mount.

OK he's not got a long list of admirers, but he's also 4 years younger and had less experience.

Mount was in the championship at the same age.

MadMike

I think we have to though, we can't pin all the pressure on someone like Hojlund and we need a proper CF. I wouldn't be surprised if we went back for someone like Choupo Mouting
I don't think we'd pinning all our hopes on Hojlund that's my point. He'd be replacing Weghorst. Which means if he's struggling to find his feet there's still the option of playing Rashford up top and Garnacho/Sancho on the left, or Martial.

I mean it's not ideal, but things rarely are. I don't think there's many veteran strikers who can play the part. I don't rate Choupo Mouting, he was poor at Stoke and PSG. Benzema likely to go to Saudi and I doubt we want to go for Firmino (or that he wants to come to us).

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I don't think we'd pinning all our hopes on Hojlund that's my point. He'd be replacing Weghorst. Which means if he's struggling to find his feet there's still the option of playing Rashford up top and Garnacho/Sancho on the left, or Martial.

I mean it's not ideal, but things rarely are. I don't think there's many veteran strikers who can play the part. I don't rate Choupo Mouting, he was poor at Stoke and PSG. Benzema likely to go to Saudi and I doubt we want to go for Firmino (or that he wants to come to us).
Oh no of course, but you see how many minutes Weghorst got at the start, it could be as easily as damaging to throw a young lad in like that over the season. I think Martial is gone, so I think there will be two spaces open. Just my opinion too, I do see how we might just sign him too and use Rashford down the centre, but I don't see us starting Rashford down the centre too often.

I'll be interested to see the links with players if we do sign Hojlund, we'll get a much clearer picture.

Lyng

As a backup striker how much do you think he will cost?
Depends on what we base it on. If we look at his age and talent and compare to someone like Antony and what we paid for him, Id say 60 million is probably what he would cost.

gajender

Are you allowed to do that with a player under contract with another club.Isn't that "tapping up"?
Or is that not a thing anymore?
It only becomes a thing if the player's Current Club has any objection otherwise it's a non factor .

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
10 goals in all comps in 2,001 minutes of football for Atalanta. 10 goals in the equivalent of 22 full starts is decent going. I don’t think you’ll find too many more 20 year olds or younger in Europe’s top 5 leagues with more goals.

zaafi

Mehdi Taremi imo, one year left on his contract and also helps with build-up instead of just being a goal scorer. Delivers for both club and country and in the CL.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Probably. But he'd still be only one of 3 players that can play CF. You don't rely on any individual one. Least of all your 3rd striker.
I agree Martial should be third choice (probably because no one else will take him off our hands), however I don't think Rashford should be second choice. He's not very good with his back to goal or linking up play.

L1nk

I don't really understand the complaints here. People are more than happy to spunk a load of money on Evan Ferguson despite being just as raw but there's a hold up with this guy? We used to be excited to sign young talented forward players and now all anyone is doing is complaining, he's not the finished article and yes he doesn't currently have the highest amount of goals but the kid has talent and could be a brilliant player for us.

I swear Woodward has messed up your brains because all you seem to care about is signing the most world class big name players for huge fees we can get our hands on for every position so that we can dunk on rival fans on Twitter and shit instead of building a damn team for now and the future, first Mount and now Hojlund man it's sad to see.

MadMike

Oh no of course, but you see how many minutes Weghorst got at the start, it could be as easily as damaging to throw a young lad in like that over the season. I think Martial is gone, so I think there will be two spaces open. Just my opinion too, I do see how we might just sign him too and use Rashford down the centre, but I don't see us starting Rashford down the centre too often.

I'll be interested to see the links with players if we do sign Hojlund, we'll get a much clearer picture.
I have severe doubts that Martial is gone with a clean break. If he goes it's likely either on loan or free, while we'll still have to pay (or heavily subsidise) his wage. That might restrict our options on bringing 2 strikers from a FFP perspective. Although again, I'm not on the accounting team I can't tell for sure.

If he were gone cleanly we could bring someone like Thuram on a free as the more experienced striker while we take a punt on a younger one (Hojlund, Ferguson etc.)

Bondi77

Depends on what we base it on. If we look at his age and talent and compare to someone like Antony and what we paid for him, Id say 60 million is probably what he would cost.
I will guarantee you at that price he will not be the backup.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Mehdi Taremi imo, one year left on his contract and also helps with build-up instead of just being a goal scorer. Delivers for both club and country and in the CL.
He's one I've seen mentioned and liked myself - especially his goal against the scousers :D

Status
Not open for further replies.