Rasmus Højlund | Signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

mu4c_20le

As a Wout replacement sure, but would be insane to make him our main man next season.

We need an rvn

If people cannot stand Greenwood making a return at United, may be we can include him in an exchange bid plus money?
To be honest, I’d still like to see him having a career here. But, if not and the bosses decide he can’t wear the shirt again, we’d be stupid in ripping up a contract of a player who was arguable valued at £100m according to some (alongside Bellingham, Mbappe etc).
Whilst my first choice would be to keep MG, a swap would be not a bad shout at all

Erik the Red

To be honest, I’d still like to see him having a career here. But, if not and the bosses decide he can’t wear the shirt again, we’d be stupid in ripping up a contract of a player who was arguable valued at £100m according to some (alongside Bellingham, Mbappe etc).
Whilst my first choice would be to keep MG, a swap would be not a bad shout at all
My guess is that the Glazers don't want to make the decision that either writes off a £100m asset, or potentially gets us into hot water with sponsors. They are leaving the difficult decision to the new owners. If we are going to offload him, we should be sending him on loan next season, when he can restore his value back up towards the £100m, and then try to do a high profile swap with a superstar like Mbappe, Pedro or De Jong. However, given the recent issues of Vinicius Jr, I expect he may want to leave and Madrid will bring in Mbappe to replace him. I think a switch for one of Barcelona's midfielders could be a good deal for all concerned, although personally I would keep him.

glasgow 21

If people cannot stand Greenwood making a return at United, may be we can include him in an exchange bid plus money?
The fact after this time he can't be discussed leaves any assessment on how fans feels up the air. Yet, Neymar, Hakami etc can be mentioned as potential signings is good news for him.

Erik the Red

The fact after this time he can't be discussed leaves any assessment on how fans feels up the air. Yet, Neymar, Hakami etc can be mentioned as potential signings is good news for him.
Partey is still playing regularly. Toney was as well prior to his suspension. In fairness to Neymar, the woman who accused him was charged with fraud.

Where do you draw the line on taking the moral high ground? A speeding ticket? Tax fraud? Ultimately, he has no charges against him, and his previous accuser is now willing to marry him. Why are we playing judge and jury on this one?

Last edited:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Partey is still playing regularly. Toney was as well prior to his suspension. In fairness to Neymar, the women who accused him was charged with fraud.

Where do you draw the line on taking the moral high ground? A speeding ticket? Tax fraud? Ultimately, he has no charges against him, and his previous accuser is now willing to marry the him. Why are we playing judge and jury on this one?
Let's not discuss this. Also... I think it's easy to decide where to draw the line with common misdemeanors or petty things that don't harm anyone, and doing crimes worthy of prison hat actively harm others.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
Unpopular opinion, but I don't see anything special in this kid Højlund. But then again, I thought James Wilson was gonna be better than Kane, so my talent scouting abilities are garbage.
I like him but I get where you are coming from.

When evaluating him — I would set my expectations floor at where a young Danny Wellbeck was for us. In other words, I would not guarantee that he will become better than an OK Premier League forward, but with that said, even if he doesn’t take the next steps, his energy and worth ethic is always useful.

In addition to that he has potential. He is really fast, he got a nose for the goal, he is strong etc.

I wouldn’t mind getting him and I wouldn’t rule out that he could become a world class striker. But I would definitely tamper the expectations and definitely not be interested if the price starts to go nuts just because we are United. 40-45m? That is very high for RH. I would be interested at that level — but you can’t go north of it.

bosskeano

let's put it this way lads....you prefer Martial or Hojlund? I know which one i'd rather take a risk on moving forward

hobbers

Get this guy in, send Weghorst back to Burnley and bring in Thuram on a free.

Obviously try to shift on Martial as well, but likelihood is no club will be interested and he'll just have to see off his final season in an overall dismal United career on the bench as third choice.

croadyman

Get this guy in, send Weghorst back to Burnley and bring in Thuram on a free.

Obviously try to shift on Martial as well, but likelihood is no club will be interested and he'll just have to see off his final season in an overall dismal United career on the bench as third choice.
That could work but it's a lot of pressure on two still relatively inexperienced strikers

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
I like him but I get where you are coming from.

When evaluating him — I would set my expectations floor at where a young Danny Wellbeck was for us. In other words, I would not guarantee that he will become better than an OK Premier League forward, but with that said, even if he doesn’t take the next steps, his energy and worth ethic is always useful.

In addition to that he has potential. He is really fast, he got a nose for the goal, he is strong etc.

I wouldn’t mind getting him and I wouldn’t rule out that he could become a world class striker. But I would definitely tamper the expectations and definitely not be interested if the price starts to go nuts just because we are United. 40-45m? That is very high for RH. I would be interested at that level — but you can’t go north of it.
I kinda agree with you on this. Looks a very interesting player that can step up but 45m is not for speculating.
Im a bit of a hypocrite here because for years I’ve been calling for these sort of players but now that we looking at them, the prices are putting me off.

cpresc

I kinda agree with you on this. Looks a very interesting player that can step up but 45m is not for speculating.
Im a bit of a hypocrite here because for years I’ve been calling for these sort of players but now that we looking at them, the prices are putting me off.
We paid the same club almost that for Diallo

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
let's put it this way lads....you prefer Martial or Hojlund? I know which one i'd rather take a risk on moving forward
To be fair, you could have stopped that sentence after the "or" and I would blindly pick whatever came after.

Crimson King

We paid about €22m for Amad, that could rise to €40m if all the bonuses are met.

I can't imagine Atalanta will allow Højlund to go for a deal like that.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
From all the noise at least, it seems if we can't get Kane, Osimhen or Ramos then Hojlund would be next on the list, probably with an older cheaper 2nd option brought in

If we don't get Kane at the start I don't see us doing it, I think Osimhen is also a complete no go. To me unless Kane is secured pretty sharpish it's gonna be either Ramos or Hojlund
Don’t forget the Lautaro links :wenger:

Bowlcut11

And - before I saw Weghorst kick a ball for us (and to be fair for a few games after too) I would have picked good ol' Wout!
To be fair, same here. Think I watched his Bundesliga highlight videos and had a first class ticket on the hype train

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
I know. Atalanta don’t sell cheap but they also sold Barrow with a similar profile at a cheaper price. One can argue lesser talent but not dissimilar in what was shown at the same stage.
I think Atalanta are in a slightly weaker position now than then. Atalanta yth setup was were on a roll when Amad came through but that is seemed to have dried up a bit. The hype around their academy at the time also did lend on the price for Amad as well.

Don’t get me wrong I like RH and think he better than we are giving him credit for. Atalanta were shouldering him with some mad responsibility especially when their injury crisis kicked in, he was isolated up front a lot and them relying on him to both hold up, create for others and score. That was a hefty demand for an inexperienced young man and he did step up.

bosskeano

This sounds dangerously like he’s our main striker target and not just a promising backup…..
to me that indicates more that Kane and Osimhen are too expensive....EtH plans on keeping Martial.....Rashford will rotate between the wing and CF. Buying Hojlund will be about 40-45m cheaper, not as much in wages and we can use the extra money to solidify other areas of the team like CM or two CM's.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
We need two strikers anyway. Osimhen will be too expensive and Kane will not be an easy or quick deal, so makes sense to bring this guy in early in the window.

RikRuud

15 Goals and 7 assists in all club comps this season. He'd be a great option as a secondary but we need another 25/30 goal striker in the team.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Certainly wouldn't be against this signing at all, might not potentially be very fair to him if he's our only striker signing though. A lot of pressure on the young lad.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
to me that indicates more that Kane and Osimhen are too expensive....EtH plans on keeping Martial.....Rashford will rotate between the wing and CF. Buying Hojlund will be about 40-45m cheaper, not as much in wages and we can use the extra money to solidify other areas of the team like CM or two CM's.
That’s what I’m afraid of. Doesn’t really sound like progression from this season though.

jesperjaap

Hardlty a valid argument for signing anybody at the moment. See far too many "would be an upgrade". Lets be honest, bar maybe 5 players, most of our side are easily upgraded, which for a club our size says a lot about the last ten years. We need to sig the right players and ones that can have a career here, not a short term fix.

How many people have watched Hoijlund regularly though I wonder? Have to sya the pretty much a couple of games which isnt enough to make any judgement and youtube clips. Looks strong and intelligent, but not seen anything to blow me away or get the hype "the next Haaland" as ludicrous as it is have seen with a coupel of players, Sesko another, dont see the comparisons at all as players personally

Woziak

If this is our only striker, then the Neymar rumours are true because, he would play Rashford as the 9, Neymar wide left or Number 10, Antony or Sancho as wide right . We would keep Martial and Hojlund can play wide right as well.

Woziak

Plus we sign Neymar on a loan deal !

L1nk

Isn't he basically 1 step above Indy Kalia? Somehow has a lot of followers. Might be confused with somebody (but also doesn't mean it's not true)
I believe he's a guy who used to be one of the top reporters at Sky Sports, that's how I remember his name being SkySportsPeteO. He might have had a little fall from grace since then though!

Mr Smith

After almost 18 months out of the game, he's not really a 100mil player anymore. There's no guarantee he gets back to his best after everything that's happened.

L1nk

After almost 18 months out of the game, he's not really a 100mil player anymore. There's no guarantee he gets back to his best after everything that's happened.
It would take a long long time for him to get back to his physical peak, not to mention mental. Even if he played again there's nothing to say he would be able to overcome these barriers and be the player he seemed destined to be. Not going to go too deep into it because again, forum rules, but I personally do not want to see him play for the club again and would rather he plyed his trade elsewhere, the message it would send to our Women's team and beyond is crazy.

Mr Smith

It would take a long long time for him to get back to his physical peak, not to mention mental. Even if he played again there's nothing to say he would be able to overcome these barriers and be the player he seemed destined to be. Not going to go too deep into it because again, forum rules, but I personally do not want to see him play for the club again and would rather he plyed his trade elsewhere, the message it would send to our Women's team and beyond is crazy.
I agree, I was just pointing out that you can't just assume he's going to be the same player straight away.

Back on topic; I have to say I've liked everything I've seen from Hojlund, but while I agree itx not ideal making him our first choice #9 next season, I imagine he'd cost at least 50-60 mil, and I can't see us signing another top striker on top of that. Which means, if you can't get Kane and he's your next choice, you either get a cut price/free option to go with him (eg Thuram) or accept Rashford plays a little more through the middle (and maybe pick up Ivan Toney on the cheap while he's banned).

Status
Not open for further replies.