Rasmus Højlund | Signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strelok

He’s not going for 40m euros. Behave!
How about €40m cash + €30m add ons?

A fair deal imo and if Atalanta are that sure about his supposed huge potential they shouldn't mind the add ons I think.

Btw unless we manage to sell a couple players tbh I don't think we'd have the cash for this deal. It seems we have no cash left and I'd doubt the Glazers would allow us to borrow some more to finance the deal. They're looking to sell the club and surely would like to maximize their profits.

laughtersassassin

I think 40 or 45 with a like a crazy amount of add ons would be a good deal.

We could do like 30 million in add ons or a bit of a sell on clause because if he is successful he'll be worth every penny and if he isn't successful then we won't pay those add ons.

Avero

He's interesting but really only had one good season so far. 50m is absolute max and only because we need a striker. This summer we should to demonstrate a willingness to walk away from negotiations. Otherwise we will pay for it in years to come.

Imagine we paid 70m for this guy, what would negotiations next summer be like? Surely we would never sign a player below 70m ever again?

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Imagine we paid 70m for this guy, what would negotiations next summer be like? Surely we would never sign a player below 70m ever again?
Pretty sure United have no intention of paying 70 million, if I had to guess you'll get him for about the same price as Mount maybe, 50-55, with 5 mill in add ons.

Bertie Wooster

While we're having to shop in the 2nd or 3rd tier for strikers, with top tier ones out of our price range for now, then I'd be happy enough with someone like Hojlund - who has the ability, and time, to improve with us and get even better.

If the reports are more around the £50-60m range now, then I think we should definitely be considering negotiating for him for that - and, hopefully, getting him for a little cheaper initially with a mix of add ons.

Strikers obviously generally cost more, there's a dearth of quality ones available - and then there's the PL / United tax, along with the fact he's well under contract and Atalanta aren't actively looking to sell him.

So, even despite his age, we're not going to be getting him for anything close to under £40m. So somewhere between £40-60m seems fine with me, so long as we negotiate well again, and look to include tougher add ons as well as likely ones.

If we suddenly had the money / availability to go for one of the very few elite options instead, then that would definitely be better. And if the fee is more between £60-80m then that's overpriced. But in the market we seem to have to be shopping in, then Hojlund for anywhere between £40-60m seems about fine.

Idxomer

He should have a lot more add-ons than Mount and Onana because he's unproven at the highest level.

There's a bit of excitement with a player like him but he could easily crash and burn and looks out of place in the PL.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
:lol:
No just like our terrible scouting staff I am completely clueless :lol:
Yeah, our scouting staff should be looking to find younger players who are showing promise and looking like they are ready to take a step up! Preferably players who really want to join and that our manager would actually want and fit the profile of a modern style centre forward. And on top of that, try to get them before they went explode so we don't get quoted prices like that of Bellingham and Rice, for example.

Strelok

He should have a lot more add-ons than Mount and Onana because he's unproven at the highest level.

There's a bit of excitement with a player like him but he could easily crash and burn and looks out of place in the PL.
Agree. Imo the chances of him being great, average or flop badly are quite even. And we're no longer rich.

doomy20

Seems to be in a reasonable 50-60M now, which is just today’s market. Find a good payment structure and get this done, we need a striker so bad, we can’t afford to wait for the perfect transfer.

Who guarantees you there will be cheaper or better options next year? It could even get worse and by then Martial already bottled our Top5 ambitions.

zenith

50 million pounds for a young talent seems about right. The derth of options and the premium on a number 9 means that we are unlikely to get cheaper options.

It seems we will have to rely on the likes of him, rashford and martial ( when available). for striker duties. Maybe MG later on the season if the club can make a decision

laughtersassassin

£60m? feck off. Move on...
Not crazy if a lot of that is add ons. The striker market is shit right now. We don't really have much choice.

We will have to take an expensive punt on someone and Hojlund looks like a guy with a hell of a lot of potential.

L1nk

why? he is not worth more than that upfront. In fact for someone raw as him he is not worth in total 40m including add ons.
Says who? If we buy him we'll end up paying more than that because I can guarantee you that the club values him higher than 40mill total

Judas

Open to offers
Honestly it should be around 45 with maybe 10-15m in add ons on top, and that's still far from cheap. He's a gamble, but one we seemingly clearly want to make.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I don’t trust YouTube scouting obviously but watching some of his full game performances he looks a little clumsy to me. Doesn’t look like as much of a talent as even the likes of Nunez who we’ve mocked.

Lyng

Yeah, our scouting staff should be looking to find younger players who are showing promise and looking like they are ready to take a step up! Preferably players who really want to join and that our manager would actually want and fit the profile of a modern style centre forward. And on top of that, try to get them before they went explode so we don't get quoted prices like that of Bellingham and Rice, for example.
And they are. But as soon as we are looking at players it gets leaked and the price explodes.

Laurencio

I mean, that is exactly what this is. Problem is that once Man Utd is interested the price jumps up €30M.

whitbyviking

Should inform them the Greenwood loan fee is £10m and that needs to be deducted from their expectation. If that loan is still even a thing.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
And they are. But as soon as we are looking at players it gets leaked and the price explodes.
The scouts have absolutely nothing to do with any of that though. Every clubs targets are 'leaked'. It's the way it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.