Rasmus Højlund | Signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
That’s net so £150-160k gross which is still too much for 20 year old, Greenwood was on £75k per week before ruining his career and banging in 17 goals in a season, perspective ?
Aargh thought the English would report his salary pre tax and not usually net. So assumed it was gross.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I like idea of him but making him our no.9 so young worries me as he may still be working out the flaws in his game.

In an ideal world he'd be an understudy to a more experienced striker but we have Martial as our first choice who is never fit and then Rashford who can do a job but isn't ideal for the role and thus weakens us on the left.

If Garnacho was a couple seasons more experienced he could be on Rashford's level on the left and this would allow him to play up front while Højlund develops but it's not so.

So while this move could improve us, it's a risk to place a lot of responsibility on such a young striker

Dazzmondo

Might be true, but what did Salah show before going to Liverpool and becoming an EPL all time great? Even Rooney did not reach the heights Salah reached in breaking EPL goal record yet when comparing Rooney and Salah talent at 20 years, we would have only one winner.

Generally, good players will blossom well as they age while in the right set of coaches. Who could have predicted Mane evolution?

Let's cross our fingers Hojlund will blossom in ETH hands. Because genuinely the guy has all attributes to succeed, hopefully he does that while playing for us.
Salah got 15 goals and 11 assists for Roma the season before he joined Liverpool. While he'd go on to massively improve on this, that's not exactly a bad record for a winger in Serie A. He had undoubtedly shown more than Hojlund to this point. The big problem with Hojlund is he's coming in as the solution to literally our biggest weakness in the team. Because of this there's way more pressure on him than Ronaldo or even Rooney at the times we signed them. Pressure is going to be massive on him from the start. The reality is we should be signing 2 strikers this season and he should be the 2nd but that doesn't look likely.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
His manager obviously rates him. Says he’s one of the best young strikers around and wants his club to value him between 80-100m

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
This will get done, we'll threaten to sign someone else like Muani, and then the price will come down very slightly and deal will get done. Same playbook for Mount and Onana

Strelok

They don't have FFP room and bought Nicholas Jackson from Villareal this summer. Doubt they address it further til next summer.
Thanks for the info mate. Forgot they have troubles with FFP. First time I heard of that striker though. Guess they'll have another shit season. Boehly is doing wonders there haha.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
This will get done, we'll threaten to sign someone else like Muani, and then the price will come down very slightly and deal will get done. Same playbook for Mount and Onana
Kolo Muani. ;)

Woziak

Aargh thought the English would report his salary pre tax and not usually net. So assumed it was gross.
His agent is not allowing him to sign for £80k per week when PSG are also in the equation, yep the boy loves the club but he still needs to be paid, the more I see him the more I like as long as we the fanbase don’t put him under unrealistic pressure he’ll grow into the role within 2 years.

CG1010

I wouldn't call Antony a question. Part of the problem with him specifically is he is a possession based player that presses. We have been spoiled with direct wingers that take players on for so long that something different looks "off" and there is a poor perception about the player.

Last season he played 1800 minutes in a new league, in a new country, in a new system. Still tallied 4 Goals and 2 Assists. For perspective that is the same amount of minutes that Hojlund played for Atalanta last season. I think we need to pump the brakes on the Antony hate.
4 goals and 2 assists is a poor return for a first team Man United winger. Even the manager said that he expects more output from him. I don't know how saying there are questions on this signing amounts to hating him? I still maintain that he has the talent to make it here, but till now he hasn't.

kaku06

Vulgarian
There you go. Probably explains the high fee Atlanta were demanding for him. Still think we can get him if Manutd means a lot to him. You never know with money being involved though.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Didn’t even want him but it’d be humiliating if they snuck in and signed him while we’re haggling about price.

Strelok

Let's see how much love he has for United ;)

Anyway if he and his entourage have an ounce of brain he shouldn't go there at this age. The dressing room at PSG is a mess and reportedly very toxic. A young player should try his best to stay away from that imo.

macheda14

There you go. Probably explains the high fee Atlanta were demanding for him. Still think we can get him if Manutd means a lot to him. You never know with money being involved though.
We would probably match that as the fees quoted have been far higher.

kaku06

Vulgarian
What are our other options lads if he chooses psg over us? Kolo Muani, Evan ferguson, Vlahovic. Anyone else?

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
If PSG is truly involved it likely means this deal will be more expensive on the player side, at least if their strategy with Ugarte continues. "Agreed terms" is never a binding deal, agents are always playing clubs off against each other.

Chelsea targeted Ugarte in part because they thought (reasonably) that they could get him on reasonable wages as young players coming from Portugal usually don't demand very much, then PSG offered him something like 180-200k per week. I would think they offer Hojlund at least as much as Ugarte given that he is a striker.

Cassidy

PSG involved likely means this deal will be more expensive on the player side, at least if their strategy with Ugarte continues. "Agreed terms" is never a binding deal, agents are always playing clubs off against each other.

Chelsea targeted Ugarte in part because they thought (reasonably) that they could get him on reasonable wages as young players coming from Portugal usually don't demand very much, then PSG offered him something like 180-200k per week. I would think they offer Hojlund at least as much as Ugarte given that he is a striker.
Incorrect

Cassidy

We're surely way ahead of them. I reckon once Elanga and Henderson are done we will seal this.
We'll be linked with Kolo Muani and Ramos first then it will come to a conclusion probably in a week

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Incorrect
Lots of counterclaims about these wages and confusion with them beyond reported net rather than gross, but its crystal clear that he was headed to Chelsea (who were very keen) and then PSG pushed Ugarte's wages to a level Chelsea weren't comfortable with.

Cassidy

Lots of counterclaims about these wages and confusion with them beyond reported net rather than gross, but its crystal clear that he was headed to Chelsea (who were very keen) and then PSG pushed Ugarte's wages to a level Chelsea weren't comfortable with.
Again incorrect. It wasn't a wages issue, but it was easy for Chelsea to make it seems like it was when they got beat to the player.
This was clarified multiple times after the deal.

Abraxas

If PSG are really in, then we are out. If.
What are you talking about? Why?

The player supports United. Wages aren't a problem. If we are willing to compromise on the fee side of the deal and accept that if PSG really are interested it may create a more competitive situation for Atalanta then there's absolutely no reason to have an inferiority complex.

Status
Not open for further replies.