Rasmus Højlund | Signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
We 100% need a ST for ETH. He’s not klopp or Guardiola. His system needs a strong ST. We seen Haller become one of the best scorers in Europe under him at Ajax.
Didn’t we just finish 3rd, win a trophy and were one game away from a cup double without a CF…?

Buying a project CF and then trying to shoehorn them in during a PL season can, and often does, cost you points and matches. Look at Liverpool with Darwin Nunez.

Hoijlund could very easily turn out the same - what we’re Nunez’ numbers before he came to the PL btw? Better or worse than Hoijlund?

GreatDane

Didn’t we just finish 3rd, win a trophy and were one game away from a cup double without a CF…?

Buying a project CF and then trying to shoehorn them in during a PL season can, and often does, cost you points and matches. Look at Liverpool with Darwin Nunez.

Hoijlund could very easily turn out the same - what we’re Nunez’ numbers before he came to the PL btw? Better or worse than Hoijlund?
Stats and numbers are being used way too much. ETH is surely looking at ability and potential, and I will put faith in that.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
He's got that striker hunch in the 6-yard box. Something you can't teach.

Sign him.
Agreed. Tap in merchants are under-rated. I’ve said it before, if someone looks at Haaland’s goals this season, it feels like 70-75% of them are just being right place, right time and tapping it in. Not downplaying the clever runs he makes - but it’s great how he knows where to be. Same with Hojlund.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'

Ye or it could go the other way and he shines. We’ve not had a proper ST for years and when we do have it someone in the 30s. Getting Hojlund will mean we have a different type of player who gives us a different option. It doesn’t mean he starts every game. He can rotate with rashford/martial up top Depending on opponents. City won leagues without a proper ST? What’s your point. And then they signed one and still won everything.

Bojan Djordjic

Well we had Wout (and Ronaldo as useless as he was) and although he wasn't banging in goals, he gave us shape and improved pressing from the front but lets be serious, the wheels were well and truly coming off at the end of the season and if the season went on for another few games we likely would have fallen out of top four. Liverpool with their rejuvenated midfield won't give us such a headstart next season and Chelsea under Poch will be improved regardless of how disconnected their transfer policy has appeared.

Giggsyking

How can he not score at least one goal in a match his team scored 10? He is the fecking striker ffs.

Suedesi

Atalanta are trying to pull a fast one. They got him for 15mm Euros last year and now they seek 50-60mm? I feel like absent United interest they'd be quoting 30-35mm Euros...

Donut

You can bet your house we're going for Haller if we're not getting Hojlund (I still think we're getting him).

Giggsyking

Atalanta are trying to pull a fast one. They got him for 15mm Euros last year and now they seek 50-60mm? I feel like absent United interest they'd be quoting 30-35mm Euros...
Because he is not worth more than 40m (including bonuses). Its absurd. Players that barely scores now being quoted for 60m. They have gone mad.

Chip

You can bet your house we're going for Haller if we're not getting Hojlund (I still think we're getting him).
Maybe Arnautovic is still an option?

Just had another good season and he's played in the Eredivisie. Hasn't played for Ajax though, which might count him out.

Maybe Brian Brobbey?

crossy1686

career ending
I’ve never seen him live but his close control doesn’t look good enough to make it in the PL. he won’t get time to take 3 touches to control the ball here.

Judas

Open to offers
Nothing I’ve seen of him suggests he’s not a massive gamble. It’s a big old leap of faith in whoever is deciding he’s the man for the massive job.

It’s exciting, but I do hope we’ve got an older less risky cheap option to buy as well. Not Weggy.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.

Donut

Maybe Arnautovic is still an option?

Just had another good season and he's played in the Eredivisie. Hasn't played for Ajax though, which might count him out.

Maybe Brian Brobbey?
All good options who fit the criteria. Do not rule out Weggy.

Chip

Nothing I’ve seen of him suggests he’s not a massive gamble. It’s a big old leap of faith in whoever is deciding he’s the man for the massive job.

It’s exciting, but I do hope we’ve got an older less risky cheap option to buy as well. Not Weggy.
He's obviously a gamble, we're going to overpay if we end up signing him, and I will prefer that we sign a senior striker along with him.

But in the current market what other/better options - that are realistic and not gambles - are there really?

Idxomer

I would get Felix on loan, I know he isn't a striker but he's more of a false 9 than Sancho. He's a bit selfish in the final third but I'm sure that can be coached out of him. I think he would be good for 10-12 goals in the league and will offer far more on the ball than any other striker we could get.

L1nk

:lol: fecking hell

I Love ETH, but it does concern me that the guy who brought in Wout and played him so much wants to spunk silly money on this complete gamble.

I’d give him another year to prove it personally and bring in a cheaper, more experienced option, or go all out for Kane.
They’ve had like 2 pre season friendlies before this where he’s scored and assisted in the same match so like… lets not overreact like

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Hojlund didn't score and Sancho, our striker btw, did score. Game set match for me, we don't need a striker. Sancho scored against Arsenal! That's actually a good team.

zaafi

How can he not score at least one goal in a match his team scored 10? He is the fecking striker ffs.
This doesn't make any sense. What has the score got to do with anything? Would you feel better about him if they won 2-0 and he didn't score?

As if it's some kind of mistake from him not scoring a goal in a match they won 10-0 :lol:

Giggsyking

This doesn't make any sense. What has the score got to do with anything? Would you feel better about him if they won 2-0 and he didn't score?

As if it's some kind of mistake from him not scoring a goal in a match they won 10-0 :lol:
OMG. He is the fecking striker, was he sleeping during the 10 goals? :lol:
I would not feel better if they win 2-0 and he does not score, but I would be terrified if his team scores 10 and he is nowhere on the score sheet and he is the fecking striker.

zaafi

OMG. He is the fecking striker, was he sleeping during the 10 goals? :lol:
What difference does that make? Other players can't score goals because he's the striker? That logic is actually hilarious.

Atalanta winning 10-0 and him not scoring literally did him a disfavour in your eyes.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Not sure where the idea comes from that he'd get much service here. Antony and Rashford in particular don't create much for a striker.

Giggsyking

What difference does that make? Other players can't score goals because he's the striker? That logic is actually hilarious.

Atalanta winning 10-0 and him not scoring literally did him a disfavour in your eyes.
No, it is alarming. We are literally looking for a goalscorer. If his team scores 31 goals in the last 3 games and he only manage two as a number 9, it is alarming.

RuudTom83

Not sure where the idea comes from that he'd get much service here. Antony and Rashford in particular don't create much for a striker.
100% they create absolutely feck all! its one of the biggest flaws in the current side...generally all the forwards at United get in the final third and have one thought in their minds...and it ain't to pass or create.

If either of the 2 you mentioned have the ball the rest of the team should turn and start walking back to defend the goal kick (exaggerating of course)

Status
Not open for further replies.