Rasmus Højlund | Signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarrou

I’m pretty sure if we buy this lad we’re not signing another striker too

jamesjimmybyrondean

Could Martinez and Hojlund work if we can't get Kane. I am convinced Osimhen isn't realistically in out thinking due to price
I think we would need to sell Martial if we are getting two strikers. Selling Martial will be almost impossible though. I wonder if we can use him in a swap deal with Lautaro plus 60m maybe. Didn't they have a fetish for him one time?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
50m isnt an outrageous price for the talent that he is and the level he's shown at his age. Hope we get it done.

I doubt he would be a backup here. Would rotate to start off and get used to the prem, we would likely play Rashford centrally pretty often, Martial will probably stay, and over time with Hojlund adapting he would take over. As it stands ignoring the adaptation period, he'd start for us right now anyway.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Is he a goalscorer? Only 8 league goals for Atalanta this season.
He’s only young. Plus I don’t think he starts week in week out. I remember him banging them in for Denmark in the World Cup though.

DJ_21

I believe he’s a massive united fan aswell so if we are interested then he’ll choose us if anyone els wants him.

bosnian_red

55m for an 8 goal a season striker?

feck sake. United tax and all that.
It's 55m for one of the best striker prospects in Europe who has 5 goals in 2 starts for the national team and has had a very good season for Atalanta and has progressed very quickly. 8 goals sure, but he's also shown to be a almost 1 in 2 striker already, which is excellent at his age, and similar to Evan Ferguson. Hojlund has shown much more in his general play at this point in his career as well for example. In terms of the next up and coming top strikers, you have Ferguson, Hojlund and Sesko. Hojlund is the most proven of them.

bosnian_red

Can anything be said for the greatest irish player of all time Evan Ferguson instead?
Hojlund is probably shown to be more of an all rounder and threat with the ball at his feet while Ferguson has shown to be more of a box threat. Both mostly similar though. Hojlund is 9cm taller and 2 years older.

croadyman

Its crazy to think United have lost Ronaldo, Cavani, Greenwood, over the last 12 months and have somehow qualified for CL with Martial and Weg.

It's not unreasonable to think United will sign 2 forwards this summer.
Think it depends on how much we can raise

croadyman

If we can sign him and another class striker then that would be great business. Him on his own isn’t enough.
Yeah surely Utd can see it's unfair to put all that much pressure on such young shoulders

croadyman

I think we would need to sell Martial if we are getting two strikers. Selling Martial will be almost impossible though. I wonder if we can use him in a swap deal with Lautaro plus 60m maybe. Didn't they have a fetish for him one time?
Yeah how I wish Inter were that daft

Trex

I guess Kane is ETH ideal choice but given Daniel Levy's nature we will target this guy. Then getting another striker will depend on Tony Martial who I feel is unlikely to depart.

croadyman

I guess Kane is ETH ideal choice but given Daniel Levy's nature we will target this guy. Then getting another striker will depend on Tony Martial who I feel is unlikely to depart.
Can't have this guy as the starter because we need to ease him into the team,however like you say shifting Martial is gonna be difficult so we may have no choice.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
£55m is what they want, who says it’s what the will get?
Also, people saying back up. If not Kane, who is the starting striker we are signing?

AneRu

In Rasmus i think there is a player in him and in 2 years time or more maybe he can establish himself as good 9 and deliver goals to the squad but right now i think he is still raw and if we look to make a deal for him we should only sign him as second striker for the future.

It seems that there is hype around him but apart from the goals he scored with Denmark in the Euro Qualifiers and couple in Seria A he is nothing special.

His stats this year in Seria A are
Serie A
YearMatchesGoalsAssists
2022-233182

Not so bad but on the other side not so good either.

His Stats in the Austrian League with SK Sturm Gaz.

YearMatchesGoalsAssists
2022-23532
2021-221361

And his stats in the Danish League with Copenhagen are even worse, but we must assume that he was much younger then.

YearMatchesGoalsAssists
2021-221500
2020-21400

I don't see anything special about him and I don't know where the hype is coming from, there are certainly many better young strikers than him, such as Vitor Roque.

I have nothing against him but if United decide to buy only him as their main striker next season I think I have some bad news.

We need to get a minimum 2 strikers with one of them being proven like Vlahovic,Lautaro,Kane so we can let the lad learn from them and over some period of time to overtake them if he even manages to reach their level.
Buying a player for what he has done in the past is exactly why we are always in this rebuilding phase without ever achieving anything of not. Let the scouts and coaches run the rule over him, if they feel he has the technical, physical and mental attributes to be a top player here in two or three years then bring him and groom him for the role. We should discard this 'win now' mentality and build a side that will gel and grow with time.

For what it's worth, our primary goal scorer is Rashford, he has been our top scorer for most of the previous seasons and has just come into his own as goalscorer. What this means is that we can afford to have a link up striker or striker who isn't exactly there but who will improve as we go along whilst Rashford is doing his thing. Hojlund isn't Werghost/Martial levels inept, he could come in and do a job right now whilst he grows into his own.

DJ_21

I'd bet we sign one of Ramos, Muani, Lautaro or Vlahovic instead of Hojlund
Vlahovic is most likely going to Bayern. Don’t know what to think of the other 3 but this is a young talent we can’t afford to not get. He could be our haaland in a few years.

croadyman

Buying a player for what he has done in the past is exactly why we are always in this rebuilding phase without ever achieving anything of not. Let the scouts and coaches run the rule over him, if they feel he has the technical, physical and mental attributes to be a top player here in two or three years then bring him and groom him for the role. We should discard this 'win now' mentality and build a side that will gel and grow with time.

For what it's worth, our primary goal scorer is Rashford, he has been our top scorer for most of the previous seasons and has just come into his own as goalscorer. What this means is that we can afford to have a link up striker or striker who isn't exactly there but who will improve as we go along whilst Rashford is doing his thing. Hojlund isn't Werghost/Martial levels inept, he could come in and do a job right now whilst he grows into his own.
You make a valid point,however would rather we signed an experienced no 9 for him to learn from instead of a LW playing as a CF

Idxomer

It's 55m for one of the best striker prospects in Europe who has 5 goals in 2 starts for the national team and has had a very good season for Atalanta and has progressed very quickly. 8 goals sure, but he's also shown to be a almost 1 in 2 striker already, which is excellent at his age, and similar to Evan Ferguson. Hojlund has shown much more in his general play at this point in his career as well for example. In terms of the next up and coming top strikers, you have Ferguson, Hojlund and Sesko. Hojlund is the most proven of them.
He really hasn't, we don't know what his scoring record would look like if he played every game. It only looks good now because he has been a squad player for Atalanta this season, so a lot of sub appearances and he gets substituted a lot.

He's promising but still quite raw with a lot of flaws in his game.

cheekybackheel

I never get this 'ease him in...can't be a starter' lark.

FFS! If we're going to pay £50m for him then he's good enough to start, end off.

If he isn't, then don't touch him with a barge pole. Football is what these people do, if they can't do it for £50m hitting the floor running then what the hell are we doing?? We might as well keep the cash and just buy pub players to 'ease them in'.

If you're good enough, you're old enough, simple as that.

croadyman

Vlahovic is most likely going to Bayern. Don’t know what to think of the other 3 but this is a young talent we can’t afford to not get. He could be our haaland in a few years.
Whoah easy with that comparison

croadyman

I never get this 'ease him in...can't be a starter' lark.

FFS! If we're going to pay £50m for him then he's good enough to start, end off.

If he isn't, then don't touch him with a barge pole. Football is what these people do, if they can't do it for £50m hitting the floor running then what the hell are we doing?? We might as well keep the cash and just buy pub players to 'ease them in'.

If you're good enough, you're old enough, simple as that.
I would just rather we signed experienced one too

Baxquux

It's no guarantee of anything (see the numerous young players who have sparkled for a season then burned out with injury or 'off the field') but he's accomplished at least as much right now as Kane had at 20, adjusting for leagues, and more than players like Drogba or Costa had.

There's more than enough evidence to justify a (partly incentives -scaled, well-negotiated) punt on him as long term term striker with the possibility of bringing Kane in next year to complete trajectory towards 3rd season title win and to support RH's further development. And if Hojlund doesn't entirely pay off within the next 24 months, we can always recoup most if not all of it under normal circumstances and there'll still be Ferguson. Sesko, and a bunch of other potential investments likely available

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Kolo Muani Ramos, Vlahovic, Lautaro
Kolo Muani has already suggested that he could stay, Ramos isn't actually different to Hojlund, he has one good season under his belt and is linked to a signifcantly higher fee, there is little to show that Vlahovic is better than Hojlund and unless Juventus intend to make a big loss, he will be expensive. Finally are Inter sellers?

Last edited:

Trex

20 year old young striker also left footed, this must mean he who must not be named isn't returning.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Kolo Muani has already suggested that he could stay, Ramos isn't actually different to Hojlund, he has one good season under his belt and is linked to a signifcantly higher fee, there is little to show that Vlahovic is better than Hojlund and unless Juventus intend make a big loss, he will be expensive. Finally are Inter sellers?
You really just made a narrative for each player and ran with it

croadyman

Would be great to see us get Martinez and this guy for £100m if we can't get Kane

Status
Not open for further replies.