Rasmus Højlund | Signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He's 19 in those videos. 99% of young footballers take time to learn their bodies and how to make the most of them. Haaland and Lukaku are literally the only 2 exceptions that did it early, and hence they broke out early. Ibrahimovic, dzeko, Cavani, Lewandowski etc .. all took much longer to start putting it all together, consistently. They showed flashes like Hojlund does now.
Lukaku was and still is weak in duals. That's the issue with him, his game relies on avoiding physical battles otherwise he is cooked. What Lukaku was very good at from a young age was to carry the ball powerfully on the counter, he later added the ability to close the second post and score "easy" goals, basically Lukaku was and is a fast poacher.

mu4c_20le

I'm curious as to who you think look strong. He's not Haaland strong, but for a 20 year old striker he sure holds his ground very well against experienced, strong defenders. He also gets fouled from behind when the defenders literally shove their arms into him. Even Haaland would fall there.

And his hold-up play is very good for a 20 year old.

I'm not sure why people are expecting an established striker who's the finished article.
He's 19 in those videos. 99% of young footballers take time to learn their bodies and how to make the most of them. Haaland and Lukaku are literally the only 2 exceptions that did it early, and hence they broke out early. Ibrahimovic, dzeko, Cavani, Lewandowski etc .. all took much longer to start putting it all together, consistently. They showed flashes like Hojlund does now.
The potential is there. He gives me the impression that he's just started to learn how to play with his back to goal. Falls over a bit too much for me, especially as PL defenders will be much stronger and more intense.

Well it is an issue, for starters they've already said they'd want 150+ and secondly the reason we are targetting the likes of Hojlund is because we are low on funds. We will be paying 70mill euro's AND bonuses on top of that.
See this is what I was worried about. I thought it was because ETH really wanted him. If he's just a name on a list below the likes of Osimhen, Kane and Muani, then it's a big gamble.

jamesjimmybyrondean

The potential is there. He gives me the impression that he's just started to learn how to play with his back to goal. Falls over a bit too much for me, especially as PL defenders will be much stronger and more intense.

See this is what I was worried about. I thought it was because ETH really wanted him. If he's just a name on a list below the likes of Osimhen, Kane and Muani, then it's a big gamble.
He’s above Muani. Reports suggest he’s after Osimhen and Kane

bosskeano

that compilation video against Juve you could see his hold up play was pretty good with a guy on his back...he had some really nice once touch layoffs included under pressure

where i see him fitting into EtH's system is his constant movement to go in behind the back line. the lad has pace to him and he can finish with both feet. Criticizing him for some of his technique and questioning him being ready to lead the line at only 20 is a bit daft. He's a goal scorer and i see this kid with his movement and style of play and it brings me back to seeing RVN when he first made a name for himself at Heerenveen before making the move to PSV. Remember Fergie wanting Ruud at the age of 22 before tearing his ACL and waited another year to bring him in simply b/c of that style of play you see a bit in Hojlund

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Lukaku was and still is weak in duals. That's the issue with him, his game relies on avoiding physical battles otherwise he is cooked. What Lukaku was very good at from a young age was to carry the ball powerfully on the counter, he later added the ability to close the second post and score "easy" goals, basically Lukaku was and is a fast poacher.
Yeah - but I mean Lukaku knew how to use his body when running with the ball to be a battering ram poacher. Under pressure when he had to combine it with his technique, he struggled as you said, and Hojlund is already showing a higher level at that. But Lukaku broke out early because of his pace/power when running through on goal and being able to hold off defenders that way. Haaland is an extreme version of that but he broke out early because of the same thing. Otherwise even the best taller strikers of the modern day took a bit of time to put it together, but the thing is that having that mix of qualities is rare I think, so he's worth the shot just like clubs saw the qualities of Ibra, Dzeko, Cavani, Lewandowski, etc.

evil_geko

Muani is not same type, not even a pure striker, I doubt we were ever interested. Also find him overrated.

And being below Osimhen and Kane is nothing bad though is it, they are at the very top.

ShinjiNinja26

That first offer is more than fair. I suspect like all our business so far we’ll find a middle ground and a deal will be done. The fact he’s snubbed PSG means it will take some of the pressure off Utd and also weakens Atalanta’s position a bit as well.

El Presidente

Imagine it might get done for 55mill euro's plus bonuses then. That's actually not too bad when converted to pounds
No way. And this bid is obviously getting rejected. This would be the expectation of both parties anyway.

From Atalanta’s POV - they obviously know we’ll come back with a second one. Even United’s briefings yesterday said that we expect (more like hope) to struck a deal at £60-65M, which means that this is our ideal scenario, but we’re prepared to go for more. All in all, we’re not the best negotiators.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Given that he recently turned 20 and just had his first half season of actually playing regularly in a top 5 league... Yeah it makes sense that he's just started to learn how to play with his back to goal *at that level. He's progressing very quickly, jumping up a level every year for club and country, forcing his way into the team and showing more and more of his qualities. He'd have a transition period in the prem, but just having the knowledge of how to play like that along with the raw abilities to actually pull it off gives me lots of confidence in his potential.

Also, he's ahead of Kolo Muani. Hojlund is the profile of a complete CF, a focal point to play off of, has the strength and height and willingness to get his head on the ball as well as having the ability to play with it on the ground and the pace to run in behind. Kolo Muani is mostly a wide forward I'd say? Those guys can play centrally for smaller clubs but ten hag wants a focal point, and I don't think he is that type. Kolo Muani is a better player currently sure, he's like 5 years older.

It's better to spend big on a player who might become a genuine top CF and is the exact type you need, rather than spend big on the type of player who isn't right for your team or spend big on a mediocre prospect or average CF who will never be more than a stop gap anyway.

JPRouve

Scout
that compilation video against Juve you could see his hold up play was pretty good with a guy on his back...he had some really nice once touch layoffs included under pressure

where i see him fitting into EtH's system is his constant movement to go in behind the back line. the lad has pace to him and he can finish with both feet. Criticizing him for some of his technique and questioning him being ready to lead the line at only 20 is a bit daft. He's a goal scorer and i see this kid with his movement and style of play and it brings me back to seeing RVN when he first made a name for himself at Heerenveen before making the move to PSV. Remember Fergie wanting Ruud at the age of 22 before tearing his ACL and waited another year to bring him in simply b/c of that style of play you see a bit in Hojlund
I don't know if I see Van Nistelrooy because he had something special in the way he played that I can't attribute to other players. The player I have in mind is Ivica Olic, potentially I can see a player that is jack of all trades but at a good level. Today it's a bit of anachronistic with most strikers being seemingly pretty specialized, you basically have the great technicians on one side and the great athletes on the other, with very few in the middle at top level.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
EXCLUSIVE: We're interested in signing this lad. Heard it here first.

theklr

They cant drive up the price on him if he doesnt want to go there I hope, otherwise it could get very expensive very fast

bosskeano

I don't know if I see Van Nistelrooy because he had something special in the way he played that I can't attribute to other players. The player I have in mind is Ivica Olic, potentially I can see a player that is jack of all trades but at a good level. Today it's a bit of anachronistic with most strikers being seemingly pretty specialized, you basically have the great technicians on one side and the great athletes on the other, with very few in the middle at top level.
definitely get hte Olic comparison, especially given he's left footed as well, but Olic was more of a wing player not an out and out striker if i recall.

I think Hojlund might at this point be a bit less technical and a bit more athletic but they do have very similar qualities and styles of play. I think what i see in Hojlund that gives me early shades of Ruud is the constant channel runs and his quick ability to receive, turn and accelerate. He almost runs like ruud in terms of body style.

Watched all of his touches from most big games he's played. I think it's you who has only watched his "best skillz and goalz".

Watch his performances here and tell me honestly that you think he’s ready to lead the line for United:

That was a great centre forward performance?

SATA

Relax, he isn’t going to PSG unless we are pulling out of this. I also think Atalanta will grant him his wish and let him come to United, which i can see them eventually accept our offer

doomy20

vErBal ProPosAl.

Btw, is he injury prone? No? Then that´s even more important than some bad first touches etc.

JPRouve

Scout
definitely get hte Olic comparison, especially given he's left footed as well, but Olic was more of a wing player not an out and out striker if i recall.

I think Hojlund might at this point be a bit less technical and a bit more athletic but they do have very similar qualities and styles of play. I think what i see in Hojlund that gives me early shades of Ruud is the constant channel runs and his quick ability to receive, turn and accelerate. He almost runs like ruud in terms of body style.
Olic has done both, he has played wide as a sort of inside forward but also played a lot centrally as an example he did it for Van Gaal with Bayern.

Idxomer

Relax, he isn’t going to PSG unless we are pulling out of this. I also think Atalanta will grant him his wish and let him come to United, which i can see them eventually accept our offer
PSG can't even buy him now, they need to sell Mbappe or some of their deadwood first.

Nicolarra90

Watched all of his touches from most big games he's played. I think it's you who has only watched his "best skillz and goalz".

Watch his performances here and tell me honestly that you think he’s ready to lead the line for United:

:lol:
Wrong video or perhaps you don't understand the position properly.

RuudTom83

Love how Fabrizio Fraudano breaks the bid down into 50+10...as if he has any knowledge on the deal FFS!

What a clown he is spamming twitter every day with the same tweet wrote 100 different ways just so he can quote himself weeks later.

lex talionis

I appreciate the philosophy but it's probably a little more cut and dry than that when we have FFP figures to adhere to. It's not just whether they feel like signing off cheques. Signing Hojlund and then ETH seems to want an additional midfielder is likely to put us outside the parameters of what is possible in this window in terms of Kane. I think we're already outside them but for some reason a subsection of our fans refuse to believe it.
FFP is a paper tiger, as City and Chelsea have proven. But there is a great deal to be said for fiscal prudence. Yet at the same time IF we have already brought in Hojlund and Amrabat and IF Kane were available for 100m on September 1, we would be out of our flucking minds to refuse the deal.

Delano

I'd be keen on having him, but it's a shame he hasn't been brought in sooner.

Out of the new players, he would require the most coaching, adaption and settling in period. I see him as an expensive project that may pay off, as opposed to a solution to the current issue.

I've got faith in EtH to coach him to an elite level, but I'm not expecting much for a while.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Don’t understand why some would rather sign Kane who is old and will cost about 5 times as much.
5 times? Hojlund will cost around 70 mil and Kane would cost around 100 mil. How is it 5 times more? Even if you include wage?

Kane is world class striker about we know every single thing and Hojlund is only big potential. At this moment we don't even know what are Hojlund's strengths. Is he quick or not? Is he good in finishing? In passing? In holding the ball?

I don't mind signing Hojlund but we should sign him only if Kane or Osimhen are 100% out of reach. Osimhen is i guess because of his fee but for Kane i am not so sure. That excuse "Levy will never sell Kane to us" is a BS.

SAFMUTD

The more videos I see from him the less convinced I am. Its logical he has flaws as he's young but I'm not seeing the hype nor numbers to grant a 70M move for him. I know strikers are scarce right now but I feel bringing him for that fee will inevitable end up in failure.

Crimson King

5 times? Hojlund will cost around 70 mil and Kane would cost around 100 mil. How is it 5 times more? Even if you include wage?

Kane is world class striker about we know every single thing and Hojlund is only big potential. At this moment we don't even know what are Hojlund's strengths. Is he quick or not? Is he good in finishing? In passing? In holding the ball?

I don't mind signing Hojlund but we should sign him only if Kane or Osimhen are 100% out of reach. Osimhen is i guess because of his fee but for Kane i am not so sure. That excuse "Levy will never sell Kane to us" is a BS.
You've done one in euros and one in GBP. Kane will cost at least £50m more than Højlund, probably more than that to be honest.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
You've done one in euros and one in GBP. Kane will cost at least £50m more than Højlund, probably more than that to be honest.
I was talking about euros because everything what we know about their prices are rumours so those are not their precise prices. We "know" (according to rumours) that we offered 60+10 mil euros for Hojlund and that Bayern offered 80 mil euros for Kane so far.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I was talking about euros because everything what we know about their prices are rumours so those are not their precise prices. We "know" (according to rumours) that we offered 60+10 mil euros for Hojlund and that Bayern offered 80 mil euros for Kane so far.
Levy isn’t going to sell Kane to us for 100m euros

Status
Not open for further replies.