g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Rasmus Højlund | Signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
That the problem with United and some of the fans. This type of deal effects future transfers. Said the same when we signed Antony last season.
Its not a good deal in terms of the fee, its a gamble and a massive one.
9 goals in seria A yet 64m? The negotiating team are not maximising value for money and they need to be held to account. We can’t just continue to overpay this is why we are in FFP mess this summer

Hopefully though he does well and the pressure of the fee doesn’t weigh on him.
What negotiating team? We start with market value, selling team say some ridiculous fee (because why not) and we end up paying few million bellow that.
And then next year fans are in shock; "Ffp problems? How? We have only 50 mil to spend? How? We can't sell players? How".

And i see that people here can't separate apples and oranges.
Hojlund can be a good signing and it is good that we bought him. Nobody is denying that. That is one topic.
But spending 10 or 20 mil more than something is worth is another topic. Tjat is just bad business. We keep overpaying players.

Leonzo1

Curious to see what his salary will be. Should be about 100k max but knowing this club it's probably more.

Woziak

The fee is probably £58-64m add ons don’t count because if we win a CL or a PL snd he scores a hatful of goals the prize money will pay for that so my take is ignore the Sky Transfer BS and United have Spent ;
£55m on M Mount, £43m on A Onana and probably £62m on R Hojlund so £160m maybe £164m at a max minus the £24m from player sales so far we are net £140m and probably have £30m left for S Amrabat?

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Clearly it’s a massive gamble at that price. I know we’re desperate for a striker, but I’m surprised the club took such a big risk.

bosskeano

£60m for him is NOT that bad of a deal for a kid his age with his potential...we overpaid by what 5-6m but given our desperate need for a striker and this is a guy that Erik wanted, worth the price. We are backing the gaffer and that is what we all want. Let them spend the money, better than it going in the pockets of the glazers.

that said...anyone saying it's close to Kane money is having a fuking laugh. Kane would have been over £100m without question bc of being a rival prem club PLUS his massive wages.

El Jefe

Did we even negotiate? We got fecking rinsed here.

Its obvious EtH must've demanded a striker asap otherwise I'm sure we could have drove that price down with time.

At the wnd of the day I'm happy we're getting a striker but the reputation on serial overpayers will never leave.

Barthez

Holy shit that's a bad deal for us. Hopefully he develops as hoped, but people should temper their expectations this season.
You know what a bad deal is! - A bad deal is NOT getting a striker in, in a very limited market of players

Reactions: Penna

Crimson King

I'm hoping you're not directing that at me, as that'd be pretty stupid.

I gave my point quite clearly and said what would potentially happen if he doesn't perform.
No it wasn't aimed at you, you were mostly pointing out the obvious conclusions that will be drawn, I was more taking a swipe at our fanbase in general at the moment.

People seem to think we'll be successful again when so many United fans join in with hate towards players like Antony and Sancho. It's probably hard enough as it is to create a siege mentality within a team in the age of social media, even SAF would have struggled and he was a genius at it! I find it really sad sometimes, makes supporting a football team seem like a very miserable thing to do.

I do disagree with your point about getting the finished article for £64m though. It just doesn't work that way anymore. Once the oil money came in the market went haywire and never really recovered. You can occasionally pick up good deals through release clauses or expiring contracts, but that's quite rare. You've got Saudi clubs bidding £250m+ for M'bappe, a fantastic player but he hasn't come close to prime Ronaldo/Messi yet. How much would they be worth now? We'd have got a few wads more than £80m, I know that much.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
£60m for him is NOT that bad of a deal for a kid his age with his potential...we overpaid by what 5-6m but given our desperate need for a striker and this is a guy that Erik wanted, worth the price. We are backing the gaffer and that is what we all want. Let them spend the money, better than it going in the pockets of the glazers.

that said...anyone saying it's close to Kane money is having a fuking laugh. Kane would have been over £100m without question bc of being a rival prem club PLUS his massive wages.
His wages would also be eye watering.

Zico1982

Danish newspaper bt.dk has been in contact with someone close to Højlund, saying that the personal terms are still being negotiated as of 30 minutes ago. bt.dk is a serious source when it comes to danish football so that is probably true.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Buzzing with this transfer window. Now if we can get some sales, anything more is a bonus.

mu4c_20le

Its obvious EtH must've demanded a striker asap otherwise I'm sure we could have drove that price down with time.

At the wnd of the day I'm happy we're getting a striker but the reputation on serial overpayers will never leave.
Of course ffs, what kind of question is this. We put in a first lowball bid, it gets rejected, and they tell us their price. Then Murtough said yes boss.

JagUTD

Is there any reason that explains his poor return in front of goal in Serie A?

His stats for Denmark are more encouraging but international football is a kinder place for strikers.

kaku06

Vulgarian
The fee is probably £58-64m add ons don’t count because if we win a CL or a PL snd he scores a hatful of goals the prize money will pay for that so my take is ignore the Sky Transfer BS and United have Spent ;
£55m on M Mount, £43m on A Onana and probably £62m on R Hojlund so £160m maybe £164m at a max minus the £24m from player sales so far we are net £140m and probably have £30m left for S Amrabat?
People now posting what they think is the fee rather than accepting what actually the fee is :D

bosskeano

fuk off...you guys bitched about the fee that Ole wanted to pay for Haaland and look how that turned out

this kid has a massive amount of potential and if he goes to PSG and scores blinders, you lot would have bitched and moaned about not paying the extra 5-10m quid to have landed him

Rustyspider13

Great news. We need to get him training with the team asap. Getting at least one 90 min pre-season display with the team would be ideal, although I don't think it'll happen.

I don't think he'll have an immediate impact in his first season, but I expect him to press high, constantly make runs and not shy away from battles. Hope he gets 10 league goals. Just having someone to play at 9 must be a big relief for Rashford too. Looking forward to that partnership.

Not looking forward to the media coverage though. Already shit like could've got Kane is appearing; the Haaland v Hojlund crap ahead of the derby will be maddening.

Tom Van Persie

No relation

According to Jamie Jackson, Atalanta wanted an initial £77M fee.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

His stats for Denmark are more encouraging but international football is a kinder place for strikers.
He doesn't have a poor return in Serie A.

Crimson King

According to Jamie Jackson, Atalanta wanted an initial £77M fee.
Don't read anything that mug says, useless when it actually comes to transfers. It was reported elsewhere they wanted £100m to begin with. It was a feck off price, they didn't want to sell and it took the player pushing from his side to get them to budge an inch.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Wasnt our last bid 50 million euro's plus 10 million euro add-ons, how do we then jump to 75 million euro's + 10 million euro add-ons?

It doesnt make much sense. We will keep getting rinsed in the future and need a potent DOF + scouting structure sooner rather than later. This is not sustainable at all.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Well we got the striker we required, relieved in that sense. There’s been whispers about us signing him for the past 6 months so that would indicate we’ve been tracking him for a while and that he’s EtH’s first or second choice. Can’t say I’ve seen enough of him to provide any opinion of him and looking forward to see him play under EtH. Got all our priorities sorted this window so that’s great news. Other additions would be a bonus. The balance of the squad looks so much better than at the start of last season and far more adapt to the game EtH likes to play.

jeff_goldblum

Jesus it seems a lot of money but can't say I know the first thing about the lad. Market's crazy at the moment and sure the manager knows what he's doing.

mu4c_20le

His international goals came against two teams, Finland and Kazakhstan.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Yes he is. I was talking about if Hojlund wants no.9 then give it to him. Martial is gone anyway whether this season or next.
But if they've advertised and sold Martial 9 for the kits I'm not sure they can change it

Amsterdam Devil

72 + 50 = 122. Nope that doesn't get you Kane or Osimenh.
and Osimhen in the PL is also a gamble, you don’t know how it turns out for players from the Serie A. Just look at Koulibaly who according to rumors in that time even United wanted to spend a lot of money on when he was the star defender at Napoli.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Don't read anything that mug says, useless when it actually comes to transfers. It was reported elsewhere they wanted £100m to begin with. It was a feck off price, they didn't want to sell and it took the player pushing from his side to get them to budge an inch.
Ornstein and Whitwell are reporting Atalanta wanted €100m

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
To be honest, I’m not convinced about any of our signings this summer.

We have a battle on our hands for top 4.
Agreed, none wow me and I think our rivals are all doing far better business than us. This window is reminiscent of van Gaal’s first season IMO.

Crimson King

I imagine this is much closer to the truth, but you won't see that in the media because it doesn't generate as much interaction/clicks, which is all they're fishing for.

Status
Not open for further replies.