Rasmus Højlund | Signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dobba

Some people. So if he scores 30 goals per season for the next 12 years and helps us win Premier and Champions Leagues in that time, we've still overpaid?
Let's just welcome the lad, support him and wish him all the best.
Goals and trophies are meaningless. Football is all about winning on a spreadsheet.

TheGodsInRed

72M? Wow!

People saying don't worry about the price, but I believe the reason so many of our new signings flop is due to their overinflated transfer fee that puts a lot of pressure from the get go.

If Hojlund comes in and doesn't hit the ground running, lets be honest, he'll be getting a lot of stick from the media and fans. Obviously not his fault that he's valued at that, but for 72M, we should be getting the finished article, in my opinion.
Yeah he is going to get loads of critism now from pundits sadly. Just the way it seems to work.

Drifter

American
Know nothing about this guy. Wait and see what he will bring to the forward line.

Walters_19_MuFc

Maybe we should start supporting our players more, rather than worrying about how much they cost and tearing into them on social media when they're struggling?

Just a thought.
I'm hoping you're not directing that at me, as that'd be pretty stupid.

I gave my point quite clearly and said what would potentially happen if he doesn't perform.

Man-United

Woah, that’s huge tbf.

Danish up and coming player expresses positive sentiment for established Danish players.

Makes sense we paid the extra 25m on top of his actual worth tbh.
Is Lindelof also Danish? as you said players.

Sparky Rhiwabon

And how is that his fault? Should he not be given same amount of time to settle as Jackson? Expectations should be the exact same.
Nah, you have to judge players relative to their price as we don’t have unlimited budgets. A player that we buy for £5m you wouldn’t expect as much as a £100m player, to use an extreme example, although double is fairly extreme in this case.

saivet

Huge fee but if he proves to be a success there won't be much talk about it. I do worry a bit about the pressure on him though, fans and media.

Nunez was laughed at a lot last season but expect similar to happen if our guy doesn't hit the ground running.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
72M? Wow!

People saying don't worry about the price, but I believe the reason so many of our new signings flop is due to their overinflated transfer fee that puts a lot of pressure from the get go.

If Hojlund comes in and doesn't hit the ground running, lets be honest, he'll be getting a lot of stick from the media and fans. Obviously not his fault that he's valued at that, but for 72M, we should be getting the finished article, in my opinion.
72m doesn't get you a finished article these days. For that, you're looking at kane or osimenh and they would cost 150m+.

Just look at Nunez, cost roughly the same I believe and he was hardly a finished article.

kaku06

Vulgarian
Martial could take 11, but I expect he wouldn't be very pleased about having his number changed again!
And I also fully expect him to sulk. That’s the only thing he does consistently. We have to look forward anyway since Martial has no future here. If giving the no.9 to Hojlund boots his confidence then we should do it. Just my opinion of course.

NLunited

We actually don’t know the fee yet lads, it certainly isn’t 72 million £? I’m reading 70 million € + 5 million € addons, and 68 million € total fee elsewhere. Italian tweets.

roseguy64

Weren't we supposed to turn the page this summer and start being sensible/not overpay for players? I thought I read that somewhere at the start of the summer.

Three signings later and I fail to see what's different. We're being bent over and fecked like always.
Mount and Onana are fine fees. Hojlund is the overpay.

stw2022

People dismissing scouting assessments and professional judgement to sign this based on literally nothing but looking at his Wikipedia page.

Bet Ten Hag feels an idiot. If only he consulted people who have literally never seen him kick a ball.

sugar_kane

Big gamble given the price but we’re fecking desperate for a striker and the kid must have something about him.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Remember when we laughed last year for Liverpool spending something similar on Nunez.

Malone_Post

That fee :houllier: :lol:

Our negotiating skills are genuinely appalling.

I am looking forward to seeing him play though, the clips and videos I’ve seen do look promising.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Even higher price than I thought it would be. Can't pretend that I'm too happy with it tbh. For that sort of cost I don't see the logic in not just paying the extra £50m for a world class striker like Kane or Osimhen. A lot of flaws in his game and I'm a bit unconvinced about his fit for our style tbh. His actual goalscoring is solid for his age but still not enough for what we need. He's going to need to improve extremely quickly. Anyway, similar to Mount despite being unconvinced I'm going to hope he does better than I expect.
72 + 50 = 122. Nope that doesn't get you Kane or Osimenh.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
As much as I’m lukewarm on this rn for the money we’re paying, 15 goals would obviously be a great return for a 20 year old not taking penalties. Pretty sure Rashford only managed that like 2 years ago, and his career high PL non pen goals is 17 (this year)

mu4c_20le

72m doesn't get you a finished article these days. For that, you're looking at kane or osimenh and they would cost 150m+.

Just look at Nunez, cost roughly the same I believe and he was hardly a finished article.
Nunez showed way more though

zaafi

horrible deal, shame ... for that money you add whatever extra it takes and go get Kane. As far as young prospects go, Hojlund is nothing special, we should have pursued Šeško instead, for that kind of money Leipzig would have sold him (not that either him or Hojlund are worth that sum though) :houllier:
Absolutely clueless. You claim Højlund is nothing special, and then go on and suggest Sesko ffs :lol:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

It's basically the price of Osimhen from Lille to Napoli. There is no denying that it's a big fee but it's also not one that is special.

JagUTD

Can't say I am jumping for joy at this one. The numbers don't paint a particularly promising picture for me but I am ready for him to prove me wrong.

I do worry that goals once again will be a major issue of he is the only striker we sign.

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
Let's be positive for a change, folks. We needed a striker, we now have a striker who already loves our club. No point banging on about Kane, he's not available to us and he's at the wrong end of his best years in any case. This lad has years to develop further.

OverratedOpinion

As the fee has been agreed I now take back anything I've said doubting him and he is clearly better than Haaland.

Realistically though, he seems to be extremely talented and has a lot of attributes that are needed for a top modern striker. I hope Martial has less injuries this season as we are clearly not signing another striker and carrying the load will be a lot for someone with his experience level.

If he does hit the ground running this will be one of the biggest signings we've made in years as we've not had a quality striker in his prime for a long, long time.

Theonas

Scout
Or we could just stop gambling and sign established top class players like a big club should be doing?
Szoboszlai, Akanji, Aké, Romeu, Joselu, Guerreiro, Laimar, Garcia just off the top of my head are signings made by big clubs in the past year that I’m not sure anyone would call established. What world do you live in if you think big clubs should only sign established top class players?

Status
Not open for further replies.