Rasmus Højlund | Signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Tbf he’s been training and has played pre season games for Atlanta. With our limited options I think he goes Hoijlund upa sub top v wolves. Especially after what happened against Brighton on day one last year.
No way he starts against Wolves. He'll be lucky to come on as a sub. He will be dripped in

madzo2007

I'm sure with Atalanta's permission he will be able to do a bit of training with the team. Was hoping to see a bit of him in action in Sunday's game.

Crick

Chelsea have lost a shed load of players on a free due to not selling them when they could/should have.
As many as us? Besides this was about generalities. Chelsea make their mind up and sell quick for players and managers, we don't. There's plenty of evidence for this.

Bojan Djordjic

Zidane to Blackburn :lol:
People forget that Blackburn were basically the City/Newcastle of back then. Jack Walker and his millions. Think it was him that (to paraphrase) said "Football's a wonderful business. It can make millionaires out of billionaires".

swissgenius

Is it your assumption or something else?)
Nah only my own guessing, since we saw that many times under different managers. Even established players had to sit out a game or two if they weren't here long enough before said games.

And with Hojlund, I simply don't expect him to be our clear cut #1 striker since he is young, unproven and there are options with Rashford or Martial (for the few weeks he's fit).
I really hope he get's there during the season but let's keep our expectations realistic. His price tags comes from potential, not his current level of play.

He won't start 38 league games so I just don't get the drama if he misses game 1 or even game 2.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
He won't start against Wolves anyway, I don't get all the fuss about wether he'll play a meaningless friendly or not...
I guess he needs at least 2-3 weeks of full training with the squad before they see him as a potential starter. A test game doesn't change that.
Maybe meaningless but will give him a bit of match sharpness and some time on the pitch with new team mates. His debut is likely gonna be against wolves off the bench if he ain’t ready this weekend. I don’t think Mount or Onana had 3 weeks before starting games in pre season.

Alemar

He won't start 38 league games so I just don't get the drama if he misses game 1 or even game 2.
Of course he won’t start 38 league games - only Onana and Bruno will (health permitting). But he will likely start about 25, if his performance levels are good enough.

L1nk

I'm sure with Atalanta's permission he will be able to do a bit of training with the team. Was hoping to see a bit of him in action in Sunday's game.
I don’t think the issue is on Atalanta’s side, VISA and contract seems to indicate government and Hojlund’s contract with us

Red00012

It was great to follow football in those days. I was really young at the time but I would regularly check the BBC page for updates during the summer. And whether the player was signed early or late the main concern was to have the player in for the first league game of the season. I also remember getting into trouble with my parents after running a big bill ringing the below numbers. I really thought Baggio was coming..:lol:

I used to ring up those premium numbers for all the latest transfer news on Utd . It was chaos at home when the telephone bill arrived

kirk buttercup

I used to ring up those premium numbers for all the latest transfer news on Utd . It was chaos at home when the telephone bill arrived
You just reminded me of when I was a young lad. In Australia there was a number you could ring for the results . Sitting on the phone waiting to hear the result the excitement was unreal. Simple times

OverratedOpinion

The fans who grew up with Twitter will never understand the excitement of getting your gossip from pressing the red button on your TV.

Devil You Know

Will he be able to train with United before the Saturday announcement? I'd guess not.

It would have been nice if he'd been able to get to know his teammates' playing style before the season opener.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
So now the criteria has changed to:
- NYSE must be open
- Must be weekend
Which means he will never be announced.

L1nk

Will he be able to train with United before the Saturday announcement? I'd guess not.

It would have been nice if he'd been able to get to know his teammates' playing style before the season opener.
It will all depend when the VISA is sorted, if that is indeed the issue, until then he cannot legally "work"

Could be tomorrow, could be Friday, I guess that's why they are saying the weekend, because it's likely out of their hands

LFG

Hojlund's available shirt numbers: 1, 4, 13, 15, 30, 31, 32, 35, 36, 38, 40, 41, 44, 45, 48, 50.
He was 17 both in the Copenhagen academy days and Atalanta. From these my bet would be 32. Legendary FC Copenhagen striker number that he would be well aware of.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Maybe meaningless but will give him a bit of match sharpness and some time on the pitch with new team mates. His debut is likely gonna be against wolves off the bench if he ain’t ready this weekend. I don’t think Mount or Onana had 3 weeks before starting games in pre season.
You forgotten about casemiro? Took him ages before he started -- and he's a multi CL champion

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I think it must be a consequence of been starved of a decent striker for so long, but I wish I could stop been so irrationally excited about this guy.

I am here thinking 25 + goals next season, which is pretty unreasonable really.
Well he is very young and is clearly on upward trajectory, so there’s always chance he could explode in any moment.

20/21 (age 17-18) - 0 goals in 237 mins (=2.6 games)
21/22 (age 18-19) - 11 goals in 1709 mins (=19 games)
22/23 (age 19-20) - 16 goals in 2551 mins (=28 games)

TsuWave

he doesn’t want to come to England. This is from a Portuguese Benfica fan I work with. He’s holding out for Spain.
He is waiting for Spain.
I hope you stop taking transfer news from random people :lol:

I'm actually quite excited we bagged Hojlund - but it was funny to see you posting so matter factly about what Ramos wants because your friend who's a Benfica fan said so

devil99

Ease him in. If we see a start before christmas I'll be surprised. If anything, just keep him with the kids, no first team football till next season.

Actually just sell him now.
Buy Kane loan Hojlund to Tottenham

podurban2

Ease him in. If we see a start before christmas I'll be surprised. If anything, just keep him with the kids, no first team football till next season.

Actually just sell him now.
I’d give him a couple if minutes in the Carabao.

Status
Not open for further replies.