g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Rasmus Højlund | Signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

stoinz

is this is only option we have? What happened to the Haaland mk II? Sesko?

redshaw

He does remind me of a younger Harry Kane. He's got a good all round game in the build up but also has ability to get on the end of passes and crosses and finishes well.

Alemar

His numbers so far in his career suggest otherwise. I hope you are right and I am wrong though.
He can be instantly better than Martial (let alone Wout), with still enough room for further improvement - it will add some goals immediately and add more in the future

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
This will happen after Onana comes in and after Hendo and Fred move on to their next clubs :houllier:. That'll be a really good summer transfer window imo.

L1nk

is this is only option we have? What happened to the Haaland mk II? Sesko?
Hojlund's albeit very short time in the Austrian league saw him with a much much better goals to games ratio than Sesko which is why Atalanta took a chance on him. Sesko scored more goals in the Austrian league than Hojlund has scored in Serie A this year true, but I would argue Hojlund is a prospect that's more ready then Sesko currently. He also has 6 goals in 6 games for Denmark opposed to Sesko's 6 goals in 21 games.

This is aside from the fact that Sesko already signed for RB Leipzig anyway.

I'm not sure it's about the only option we have, but more about the option that ETH and the recruitment team want the most if we cannot get a hold of the likes of Kane and Osimhen

Hackman2210

What about loaning them Greenwood for a year to lube the deal? Although we would have to take the fact thats hes going to be a new dad and his missus might not want to move away from her family. But from a muppets point of view - it sounds like a banging idea!!!!!

Quagmire Maguire

Those who are excited by Holjund have you actually seen him play, and not just watched YouTube highlight reels? I literally know nothing about this player at all, haven't seen him play a single minute of football so hard for me to get excited by him.

Is he a natural striker? Good finisher? Fox in the box type or dropping deep or wide?

CasaStreets

Those who are excited by Holjund have you actually seen him play, and not just watched YouTube highlight reels? I literally know nothing about this player at all, haven't seen him play a single minute of football so hard for me to get excited by him.

Is he a natural striker? Good finisher? Fox in the box type or dropping deep or wide?
+1, would love to hear more from someone who has seen more than his highlights.

I know nothing about this fella, but 95% of his good touches in the highlight reels are on his left foot. Is he really that limited on his right?

L1nk

He has similarities in his game to Kane, albeit he's much more raw and his numbers do not reach those heights obviously yet.

He plays with his back to goal and can bring others into play, however he also has exceptional movement in the box and has incredible speed and is very physical, like a bruiser. He is the mold of a typical number 9 that we've lacked for a while, long term. He can use his right foot and can shoot with it but generally prefers his left foot and he is able to get good power with his shots with minimal backlift

He can drop wide and he does with his speed, allowing the wingers to come inside, but as his heat map will show he usually is a drop deep and hold the ball up kinda player as opposed to Kolo Muani who is the go wide more kinda forward

I would argue he needs to work on his touch a bit, he actually needs to shoot more and he just needs to get his general numbers up. But for his age he has the requisite tools to become a top striker.

Alemar

He has similarities in his game to Kane, albeit he's much more raw and his numbers do not reach those heights obviously yet.

He plays with his back to goal and can bring others into play, however he also has exceptional movement in the box and has incredible speed and is very physical, like a bruiser. He is the mold of a typical number 9 that we've lacked for a while, long term. He can use his right foot and can shoot with it but generally prefers his left foot and he is able to get good power with his shots with minimal backlift

He can drop wide and he does with his speed, allowing the wingers to come inside, but as his heat map will show he usually is a drop deep and hold the ball up kinda player as opposed to Kolo Muani who is the go wide more kinda forward

I would argue he needs to work on his touch a bit, he actually needs to shoot more and he just needs to get his general numbers up. But for his age he has the requisite tools to become a top striker.
Is he any good with his heading? We severely lack heading ability in our strikers’ department

L1nk

Is he any good with his heading? We severely lack heading ability in our strikers’ department
Is he better than Weghorst? Yes... However is he very strong at headering? At the moment i'd say not so much, he definitely needs to grow in that department

Alemar

Is he better than Weghorst? Yes... However is he very strong at headering? At the moment i'd say not so much, he definitely needs to grow in that department
I mean, it would be nice if our main striker is capable of scoring, say, 5 headers a season

L1nk

I mean, it would be nice if our main striker is capable of scoring, say, 5 headers a season
I'd say he's perfectly capable of that, just don't expect him to be some towering heading presence throughout the season because that currently isn't him, though that's something he could yet develop

MonkeysMagic

Like virtually every other club we do business with, Atalanta will have an unrealistic fee and they won't budge from it because its Utd. They'd happily oblige if the blue half came calling with a discount! It's not just that we are poor negotiators, clubs simply use the Utd tax and its take it or leave it!

Judas

Open to offers
Like virtually every other club we do business with, Atalanta will have an unrealistic fee and they won't budge from it because its Utd. They'd happily oblige if the blue half came calling with a discount! It's not just that we are poor negotiators, clubs simply use the Utd tax and its take it or leave it!
Chelsea budged, looks like Inter are doing the same?

L1nk

Telegraph article saying we've opted to go for Hojlund over Kolo Muani

ThanksBoss26

Telegraph article saying we've opted to go for Hojlund over Kolo Muani
Interesting - wonder if we'll push it straight after Onana (assuming that gets done)? Get the three in fairly early by our standards then it really will be sell to buy.

Telsim

This is the signing I'm looking forward the most this summer. Hojlund will add some much needed presence and threat in the final third. Something we desperately need. I hope this happens.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Let's gooo. Hope it happens. He'd rotate to start off but we need a CF desperately, and he seems like a very strong all rounder rather than a poacher which is perfect.

Raven

This seems like an interesting potential signing, potential fee not so much.

SamVimes

Interesting - wonder if we'll push it straight after Onana (assuming that gets done)? Get the three in fairly early by our standards then it really will be sell to buy.
Yes that would be the sensible approach. Can't believe I am using the adjective sensible in relation to United's transfer strategy.

L1nk

This is the signing I'm looking forward the most this summer. Hojlund will add some much needed presence and threat in the final third. Something we desperately need. I hope this happens.
I think he will surprise a lot of people and become somewhat of a fan favourite

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I like how we’re going all out for the first targets that ETH wants.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Interesting thing there is that they say we're looking to make Hojlund our new first choice striker. As opposed to the suggestion some have made that he should be the more junior of two striker signings.

pablo__p

Ok, so now that I watched a 7 min long compilation on YT I'm sold. It's the goal where he slide tackled the gk and scored that made it for me.

On a serious note, seems a bit raw to be our first choice striker. Also doesn't seem to be great at heading the ball which would be welcome for once. Surely tons of potential, though.

Also, isn't it the destiny? Haaland vs Hojlund etc and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.