Rasmus Højlund | Signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky Rhiwabon

I wonder whether we might be better trying to buy Toney this summer. I know he’s suspended until January but he seems ideal and there'll be a lot less competition now than there will be in January or next summer.

L1nk

I wonder whether we might be better trying to buy Toney this summer. I know he’s suspended until January but he seems ideal and there'll be a lot less competition now than there will be in January or next summer.
Don't think there's been a single report of Toney going anywhere, and I don't think the club will entertain it because of the ban either

Bertie Wooster

I'm less confident about the updates regarding Hojlund so far than I was about Mount and Onana.

They both seemed pretty consistent, and got increasingly so. The Hojlund rumours seem rather all over the place so far as to how much were just monitoring / actually in dialogue / actually bidding. And how much Atalanta want - from £35m up to towards £100m. And then the Greenwood link thrown into the mix today.

I'd like to start seeing some more concordance in the reporting in terms of where we're at in the negotiations before I start feeling more confident about it. But, hopefully, if / once the Onana deal gets confirmed then things might speed getting clearer regarding Hojlund.

Hackman2210

To me - he looks decent. Good holdup play and will only get better. Everything else well he’s a cross between bentner and Haaland. Which one only time will tell.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Okay, say we set the max at £50m but it's not enough. Who do we go for instead?
Probably a backup striker from Japanese League that might turn into world class. We don't want to miss the likes of Caicedo. lol

Dazzmondo

Vitor Roque was doing really well in Brazil but looks like Barca have signed him now. I saw we had been linked with Marcos Leonardo who went to the U20 World Cup with Brazil. I wouldn't say he's as good as Hojlund right now but he'd obviously be significantly cheaper. I'd say I'm more convinced by what I've seen of Goncalo Ramos to this point in terms of expensive young strikers. Jonathan David would probably be cheaper. My 1st choice would simply be to pay the extra money for Osimhen because I think he'd be worth it in the long run. Hojlund could end up being great but it's all on his potential. He's not good enough to be the starting striker for Utd right now really, and the reason we're actually going after him is most likely down to the lack of quality alternatives on the market (combined with his potential of course). I'm not even fully convinced he'd be our starting striker right away tbh. I could see us opening the season with Martial up front.

prateik

We sign him for 100m.. they sign Greenwood for 70m and we fix the FFP mess.

doomy20

We aren’t determined, we are desperate. Weghorst was brought in as emergency and even he is gone now. Plus we got confirmation that Martial once and for all is incredibly bad and should never wear the shirt again. AND it must be expected that Rashy won’t do a record season again. So YES, we are out if the top 20 teams in Europe probably the one which needs a striker the most.

L1nk

We aren’t determined, we are desperate. Weghorst was brought in as emergency and even he is gone now. Plus we got confirmation that Martial once and for all is incredibly bad and should never wear the shirt again. AND it must be expected that Rashy won’t do a record season again. So YES, we are out if the top 20 teams in Europe probably the one which needs a striker the most.
We need a striker for sure but i'm willing to give the club a little credit, they've done well so far this summer especially if we get Onana over the line as it looks like we will... If we get Hojlund it will be at a respectable price and I don't feel like we will overpay

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
IF we buy him will his kit have that weird "o"?
It's not weird, just pronounce it like you would say ø ;)

By the way, it's a bit like how you'd say the "u" in words like truck, stuck (stepmom), feck, etc.

OverratedOpinion

I like how we feel it’s acceptable to make profit on a player we are disgusted by.

Not just release him… let him be profitable then make him someone else’s problem for a fee.

The morals love to contradict. :lol:
There is literally no practical difference. We are saying that if you do what he did that you don't get the privilege of playing for Manchester United. We are also saying we are not going to let you go and get one of the highest signing bonuses of all time. We'd also probably struggle to release him legally without paying off his entire contract. We also shouldn't lose tens of millions and have to pay for the privilege.

Basically there are about 8 reasons that you are speaking complete nonsense.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Which makes it all the more maddening that we had Haaland and Alvarez within our crosshairs in a period spanning 12 to 18 months and just spurned the opportunity to get a long term younger striker in. This reinforces the need for a full sale and the complete eviction of the Glazer type of parasite off our club's backs. Our scouts get so much grief but to think they identified Enzo, Caicedo and Alvarez but didn't get any support from the higher ups - that's a potential PL and CL winning spine right there that we could have brought in for under 40m.
It's been well established that the higher ups know feck all about squad planning and football in general.

I mean, they were lazy enough to not pursue Caicedo(dont start off with the agent bs, utd were simply too lazy to move)

kaku06

If we are paying that much for him and Atlanta don’t accept it then go for Vlahovic who would cost around £60m or even less as Juve are in a mess already.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Is it? or are our opinions just warped from players like Haaland and Mbappe and expect 21 year olds to be that immediately? I find it hard to believe players have just forgotten how to find the back of the net or have no scope for improvement.
No, my opinion has nothing to do with Haaland or Mbappe. He really looks average. Nothing stands out to me. We cant spend another 50m and hope it works. I'm quite surprised that we dont have a striker profile for the prime age group. Someone who is a bit experienced and has scored good amount of goals. I don't know how a 20 year old from Serie A is gonna save our season.

nav_10

Info is a little conflicting on how big he actually is, but he's somewhere between 6'1 and 6'3, has good upper body strength for someone his age, and according to his manager, runs the *10 metre* in under 11 seconds if he seriously tries, this guy is quick.

Someone above said Cavani and I think that's pretty good, he reminds me of Fernando Torres when he's running though

https://youtube.com/shorts/DLbT9PLmhyM?feature=share

I wouldn't say this is the best video but it shows that he has the pace if he wants to use it
He's not fast at all mate, I'm willing to bet I'm quicker than him.... I mean I could run the 10 metre under 5 seconds!

Mainoldo

There is literally no practical difference. We are saying that if you do what he did that you don't get the privilege of playing for Manchester United. We are also saying we are not going to let you go and get one of the highest signing bonuses of all time. We'd also probably struggle to release him legally without paying off his entire contract. We also shouldn't lose tens of millions and have to pay for the privilege.

Basically there are about 8 reasons that you are speaking complete nonsense.
No you are talking nonsense. But why should I expect the no sense to have sense.

From a club stand point they probably give little to zero about this but they have to play to the audience. There’s a long list of wrongens that have played for us and it was kept in house.

However that was not my point as the club are doing what I expected them to do. I don’t look for morals from football clubs.. see Luis Suarez.

My issue was we have morality on this topic but those who stand on the moral side should realistically not be promoting financial gain from this situation and if you are you cannot claim to care about the victim at all, as Manchester United benefiting off this shouldn’t matter.

But your response proves you are exactly what I’m trying to work my head around. Just doesn’t make any sense to me.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
There’s potential to make a massive profit here in the future. If we bag him for less then 60m and he massively improves over seasons then a Spanish team like Madrid will come in for him over 100m like they always do. He’s only 20 so is price should only rise.

UpWithRivers

If we are paying that much for him and Atlanta don’t accept it then go for Vlahovic who would cost around £60m or even less as Juve are in a mess already.
Vidic said he's not good enough for United. Think we should trust his judgement

L1nk

No, my opinion has nothing to do with Haaland or Mbappe. He really looks average. Nothing stands out to me. We cant spend another 50m and hope it works. I'm quite surprised that we dont have a striker profile for the prime age group. Someone who is a bit experienced and has scored good amount of goals. I don't know how a 20 year old from Serie A is gonna save our season.
Who do you want? Vlahovic? Expensive. Kolo Muani? Expensive. Goncalo Ramos? Expensive.

The striker market is broken this summer, all the top targets are well out of our price range and even the younger ones are expensive so you're going to be spending a chunk of money regardless. He looks really average and nothing stands out to you and that's fine, that's you're opinion, but it's also the reason you aren't the coach of or a scout of Manchester United.

If he was as bang average as you think he looks why are we even going for him in the first place? You honestly don't think we are that stupid do you

Season hasn't even started so I have no idea why you think our 'season needs saving'. What we're no doubt pushing for this season is a cemented Top 4 place whilst challenging as best as we can for 1st, chasing domestic glory and getting as far as we can in the CL... Maybe the team will surprise us but even if we signed Harry Kane right now I don't believe we have the quality in depth that the likes of City have to close the gap for at least another 2 seasons. So perhaps let's trust a little in ETH and the recruitment team instead of buying or loaning another washed stop gap striker and get us a striker with the attributes and the right age profile that could lead to him growing with a load of the young players in our team and becoming a quality striker for us for many years to come.

I honestly don't see why people are against this signing so much, even for 50.. a decent season next season at Atalanta and it's double the price.

goalscholes

Surely we can get him for 30m if we’re lending them Greenwood for the year. They’d be massively upgrading their team

nav_10

:lol: You're right he's slow as hell, god damn
In all seriousness he has pace, plenty for it to be a potent weapon in the PL...but I'm a bit dubious about the 100m claim.

Under 11secs without trying, that's practically Olympic athlete level.

Abraxas

I don't see what's more appealing about Vlahovic. Why do people go on about him? He's been okay at best. Nothing that says he's going to tear it up and he's got 3 years on Hojlund.

Siorac

No, in this case we wouldn’t be paying additional money on top of the swap - Atalanta would
There is no way Atalanta would pay extra money on top of selling their most promising attacker for a player who hasn't kicked a ball or trained with a club for 18 months.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Pedulla is reporting that both clubs are €15m apart. United have offered €45m (£38m) but Atalanta want €60m (£51m).

Abraxas

Pedulla is reporting that both clubs are €15m apart. United have offered €45m (£38m) but Atalanta want €60m (£51m).

To be honest I don't even find Atalanta's fee that unreasonable and that's a starting point.

If we can get it done for around 50-55 million euros it looks okay to me.

doomy20

We need a striker for sure but i'm willing to give the club a little credit, they've done well so far this summer especially if we get Onana over the line as it looks like we will... If we get Hojlund it will be at a respectable price and I don't feel like we will overpay
True.

Alemar

So a traditional 52.5m euro price to be reached, with 5m in addons - exactly as with Onana. Typical and expected

doomy20

To be honest I don't even find Atalanta's fee that unreasonable and that's a starting point.

If we can get it done for around 50-55 million euros it looks okay to me.
Given the fact we paid like 50M (?) a decade ago for Martial this fee is reasonable in todays market.

Status
Not open for further replies.