Rasmus Højlund | Signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevTheRed

I had a dream last night where I was teaching GCSE level geography to a classroom full of geese, and when I asked one of the geese to answer a question he just said "HONK" and a mass brawl kicked off. I had to run into the store room and put my boxing gloves on, but they were too small to put on. Then Andrew Tate, who was my sidekick, helped me beat the shit out of the geese. Once we had won the fight I called Tate a cnut and started eating cream eggs from the secret pocket in my cardigan.

Make of that what you will.
Undo them zips boys.. it’s on :drool:

laughtersassassin

Really hope PSG don't inflate the fee for Hojlund of they get all this money for Mbappe.

Obviously Hojlund wants to join us but if we are bidding 55-60 million and PSG come in with 80 Atlanta will understandably tell him he can stay or go to PSG.

Hopefully us waiting on this transfer doesn't bite us in the ass as if argue striker was our biggest priority by far

OrcaFat

Similar to how half the forum says we should go for Muani? And how the media is saying we are now interested in both Kane and Mbappe?

And how we bluffed Chelsea that we would go for Caicedo?

And how we bluffed Inter we would go for Bijlow and Verbruggen?
That sounds like complete nonsense. Don’t you think? I could be wrong. If you look at how we “seem” to be doing business, it is one deal at a time. Scrape a few quid from a sale here or there. No-one believes we could get Mbappe, it’s crazy talk.

Bojan Djordjic

They're entitled to ask for whatever they want, but it's a bit unfair considering that Vlahovic was smashing it for 2 seasons and was well-established goalscorer in the league. Nowhere near Hojlund who is nothing but pure potential.
Also, they're referencing a club which was involved in all sorts of accounting shenanigans including fake transfer values.

zaafi

They're entitled to ask for whatever they want, but it's a bit unfair considering that Vlahovic was smashing it for 2 seasons and was well-established goalscorer in the league. Nowhere near Hojlund who is nothing but pure potential.
Vlahovic has, at most, scored 15 open-play goals in Serie A during a season, while Højlund has 9 in much less time played.

It really isn't a big difference, and saying "nowhere near Højlund" is just an overexaggeration

Trex

Feels like media outlets keep rehashing the same thing about formalising interest "in the next few days." Basically nothing definitive or a commitment to a scoop. I don't think they have a clue.
Probably we've been in discussion through intermediaries now we've reached a stage to place a formal bid to actually purchase the player.

ArbeitervonWien

I'm expected to formalise my disinterest in skysport for this shit-tweet, but in silly-season I need this stuff like an addict.

DSG

Really hope PSG don't inflate the fee for Hojlund of they get all this money for Mbappe.

Obviously Hojlund wants to join us but if we are bidding 55-60 million and PSG come in with 80 Atlanta will understandably tell him he can stay or go to PSG.

Hopefully us waiting on this transfer doesn't bite us in the ass as if argue striker was our biggest priority by far
If PSG lodges a formal bid, I can’t imagine Hojlund choosing us over PSG.

‘First of all, there’s money. PSG will offer more in wages, no doubt. Higher transfer fee more likely, meaning more money in his pocket and his agent’s pocket.

Secondly, you’re guaranteed CL football and lots of domestic trophies. PSG will continue to overspend on players and you are guaranteed to have a great team around you.

Lastly, living in Paris is a much better situation than living in Manchester, objectively speaking. Food, culture, nightlife… Paris is way ahead of Manchester in these areas.

I suppose you could say there are potentially two reasons he’d want us over PSG. One, he really is a fan of United and two, he wants to play in the best league.

Chief123

After all the Mbappe shenanigans, this signing suddenly feels a bit shit and anti climatic. Do not want anymore.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
wouldn’t be much of a plan if we just started blabbing it to Simon Stone would it?
Doesn’t really work like that though does it. They’ve known all of our other targets without ‘blabbing’

mu4c_20le

If PSG lodges a formal bid, I can’t imagine Hojlund choosing us over PSG.

‘First of all, there’s money. PSG will offer more in wages, no doubt. Higher transfer fee more likely, meaning more money in his pocket and his agent’s pocket.

Secondly, you’re guaranteed CL football and lots of domestic trophies. PSG will continue to overspend on players and you are guaranteed to have a great team around you.

Lastly, living in Paris is a much better situation than living in Manchester, objectively speaking. Food, culture, nightlife… Paris is way ahead of Manchester in these areas.

I suppose you could say there are potentially two reasons he’d want us over PSG. One, he really is a fan of United and two, he wants to play in the best league.
Can you imagine him choosing PSG after all that united fan spiel he was feeding Romano?

Bojan Djordjic

Weghorst is an odd stick to beat ETH with. Ronaldo had left, Greenwood in the wilderness, Martial is perpetually injured. We literally would have had to play Mctominay next so in that sense Weghorst atleast provided a last-ditch option which was better.

Antony is the more questionable high value signing backed by ETH. But even he too early to be written off yet.
Definitely don't think it's too early to say that even if Antony improves we've WAY overpaid and probably by about 300%. Antony was a ridiculous player for EtH to stake his reputation on at that price. I love Ten Hag but I definitely have concerns about his player ID. Antony, who I actually think has improved us, does not have anywhere near the goal production needed to justify even a €50mn fee.

I remember reading that even in his previous roles EtH was heavily criticised for signing past players who were used to a lower level and who didn't translate their performances to that higher level. Comments such as "if EtH thinks they're good enough, that's fine by me" grate a bit for this reason. We'd have signed Arnautovic if it was left to him.

OleGunnar20

That's just one part of many in our strategy when we buy players... we're just about to reach the final part in the Sneijder purchase and he's expected for a medical later this week. Perhaps in 48 hours
Do you think him and Vidal will do well in a 2 man midfield is the only worry? I guess it depends on how we play Gaitan, in the #10 or out wide.

Zoo

Atalanta closing in on El Bilal Toure. Possible agreement this evening

Tarrou

Doesn’t really work like that though does it. They’ve known all of our other targets without ‘blabbing’
because we’ve been actively trying to sign them?

We haven’t done that with Kane yet

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
For some reason I can’t see Atalanta budging on their price like the other clubs have for our targets.

Devil You Know

Formalise our interest? What exactly have we been doing all this time, then, just staring at him or something?
Hopefully the haggling has all happened over the negotiating table rather than through official bids.

If we're confident we've reached an agreement on the fee already, it might mean that the first formal bid is also the last one. Probably that's just wishful thinking on my part.

Baxquux

For some reason I can’t see Atalanta budging on their price like the other clubs have for our targets.
if they've already got a deal for a replacement locked in place, then I think they'll shift another 5m or so, or even 10m but with 5m of that potentially still payable upon us winning the CL or something with RH in the team...

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
if they've already got a deal for a replacement locked in place, then I think they'll shift another 5m or so, or even 10m but with 5m of that potentially still payable upon us winning the CL or something with RH in the team...
Think we’re willing to offer 50 plus add ons. What is it they actually want for him? Keeps changing.

Devil You Know

What the feck does this supposed to mean?
It's been a couple of days since his sources last had anything useful to say. So rather than admit he has no news, Pedulla is trying to stay relevant to the conversation by being cryptic and hoping for retweets.

Transfer season is almost as much about journalists jockeying for clout as it is about players changing clubs.

Baxquux

Think we’re willing to offer 50 plus add ons. What is it they actually want for him? Keeps changing.
Think journalists are playing the old trick of reading euro figures as £ then converting from the latter back into euros. My guess is he'll go for about £48m base, but then with a spate of add-ons (up to around 18/20m) which are various degrees of achievable, ranging from games and goals to a cheeky few million ( Martial-style) for winning the Ballon D'Or...Don't have any ITK sources though!

EisernSchild

Supports
Sturm Graz
So people who have really seen him play (compilation videos don't count), how good is he?
Me i've seen him in all games he played for our club (Sturm Graz), home games in stadium. He is a very physical player with a topspeed of 36km/h (thats even faster than Rashford). So in transit/counter he turns into beast mode, really awsome to watch that. And he is a teamplayer, doing much hard work on the pitch for the others ! I think that comes from him having almost same aged brothers, he was also highly liked by his teammates. Would agree if some call him raw still but from what i've seen from him in Bergamo (also watched some games live of them) he did make huge steps forward in technique/precision.

My personal top 5 under-20 strikers in Austria would be (in that order) :
  1. Erling Haaland (RB Salzburg, sold to BVB due to exit clause for just €20m)
  2. Rasmus Højlund (Sturm Graz, sold to Atalanta Bergamo for €17m plus addons)
  3. Sadio Mane (RB Salzburg, sold to Southampton for €23m)
  4. Emanuel Emegha (Sturm Graz, sold to RC Strasbourg for €12m plus addons)
  5. Benjamin Šeško (RB Salzburg, sold to RB Leipzig for €24m)
Dont get me wrong, Šeško is a good player but the others here are better imo. And its much easier to score for RB Salzburg (serial champion) as it is for Sturm Graz (vice champion since 2 years). In any way Austria has become a great breeding ground for young talent (not strikers only). Our (Sturm Graz) latest signing is 19yo scottish defender Max Johnston from FC Motherwell.

Reactions: mazhar13

georgipep

That sounds like complete nonsense. Don’t you think? I could be wrong. If you look at how we “seem” to be doing business, it is one deal at a time. Scrape a few quid from a sale here or there. No-one believes we could get Mbappe, it’s crazy talk.
Tell me one team that does multiple deals at a time.

I fail to understand what you want. For us to shop in bulk? What exactly is the aim here?

Dosse

I am warmin to the idea of Højlund! Yes we should sign plsyers øike him a step earlier but here we are and we can only hope! If ETH want him, im excited! I remember where we were kadt july and where we are now, added with the possebility of new owners by next summmer the future looks brighter then ever before.

Status
Not open for further replies.