Rasmus Højlund | Signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judas

Open to offers
Martial fanboys need their brains studied for the good of humanity at this point, the level or loyalty and delusion, it’s fascinating and there’s still so many of them.
Technically everything is available, we free to interchange numbers till start of the season (or 48 hours prior).

May sound stupid but I think it will be crucial to give him #9 or #11. We can’t buy a 80M striker and then let him play as #17 or some shit, while 9 and 11 are taken by players who will not even play much/contribute nothing to the club.
It does sound stupid. It’s a shirt number. He’ll get the 9 eventually if things go his way.

I've ruffled a few feathers by saying this too but I think you're right.
I don’t think you ruffled feathers at all, the vast majority of people on here know that a fully fit and in form Martial would be a brilliant thing to have and would make ETH and Højlund’s life much easier.
Posters though, have rightly laughed off the suggestion that there’s any chance of Martial being fit and in form for any period of time. It’s getting to the stage where it would’ve been comparable to suggest Phil Jones would start in Ole’s final season, if “fit and in form”.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I wouldn’t say no to a late loan move for Felix in this window. I guess it depends on whether we can love Martial or not, but we need two forward additions for sure.

Witchking

Yet if our new CF scores the same number of goals you'll all be creaming yourselves
Yes. Because lukaku played in the same league, had all the experience, talked a big game and then didn't rise to the same standards he set for himself.

This guy is coming in from a new league, is just 20. So of course it will be great if he scores the same number of goals as lukaku.

mavradal

Wonder if he's playing against Lens or Athletic, should be interesting to see how Ten Hag plans to ease him into the squad.

TsuWave

Lukaku was as bad as any 37 year old. So doesn't count.
Not true. He has a better record when it comes to games to goal contributions than all our recent strikers bar maybe Ibra (but Ibra only played like 50 games for us)

Dempsey19

Martial fanboys need their brains studied for the good of humanity at this point, the level or loyalty and delusion, it’s fascinating and there’s still so many of them.
Unfortunately I don't think we are that far technologically advanced to figure that out. I can't wrap my head around it at all. It's unbelievably delusional. Martial has been a useless lazy feck for many years now.

IrishRedDevil

Unfortunately I don't think we are that far technologically advanced to figure that out. I can't wrap my head around it at all. It's unbelievably delusional. Martial has been a useless lazy feck for many years now.
Jones was useless for 10 years.
Even when Varane joined, he still kept #4.

macheda14

Someone on Reddit made quite a good point. A way to look at the transfer fee is in the context of our own players. How much would you currently want for Garnacho?

Trex

Not true. He has a better record when it comes to games to goal contributions than all our recent strikers bar maybe Ibra (but Ibra only played like 50 games for us)
Martial has had the best season as a 9 among all center forward post Van persie. Ole first full season. After that I fancy Cavani first season in terms of his all round game, then Ibrahimovic and then Lukaku, Ronaldo is the worst from the team dynamic point if view.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Strange take, most of the Caf believes Hojlund will not be a starter in early stages of the season - mostly not to put too much pressure on the young lad.
Yeh we are probably going to play Rashford up front and start our even younger lad on the left.

Alemar

Do we have any contingent near Manchester airport to make photos in 2 hours?

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
He kid barely turned 20 a few months ago. Can you imagine the level of excitement* he must be feeling now? It must be unreal. All the years of sacrifice and hard work to now land up the club of your dreams.

* The anxiety will kick in later the night before he makes his debut.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
The plane was late leaving, not scheduled to land now until 3.30 BST.

edit - he's going to get a shock with the weather, it's in the 30s here.

Feckin Glazers. They have done it again!!! (In a Lee Judge's voice)

Only kidding.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I wouldn’t say no to a late loan move for Felix in this window. I guess it depends on whether we can love Martial or not, but we need two forward additions for sure.
You still think Felix can be a lone guy up top? For me it'd be no different to using Sancho there which we are trying to do so it'd be a pointless purchase. Antony and Amad on the right (or another filling in), Rashford and Garnacho left, Hojlund, Sancho and Martial up top seems to be what we'll mostly see. Don't hate it at all tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.