Rasmus Højlund | Signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoof the ball

Another way to look at Rasmus and his transfer fee is to think of it in terms of (1) resale value due to his relative age, and (2) that you're paying for potentially 10+ years of service and not an asset that depreciates quickly.

zaafi

Another way to look at Rasmus and his transfer fee is to think of it in terms of (1) resale value due to his relative age, and (2) that you're paying for potentially 10+ years of service and not an asset that depreciates quickly.
But that's an optimistic way of looking at it. I'd much rather assume he will score two goals in his whole career for us, and then we will sell him to Swindon for £2m in 5 years.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
For some reason talking about depreciation makes me think of the golden classic from Craig's List some of the Gen Z-ers probably never read:
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/fools-gold-digger/

theklr

:eek:That is so true. Now i feel like a plonker questioning his fee.

Also Greenwood comes on my mind too (before he did that shit). I doubt that his fee would be under 60-70 mil one year ago.
Greenwood would have 100 mil as a prerequisite for even a start to negotiations , easily. If he were in a selling club that is.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
His wages will also be much, much lower than Kane's or Osimhen's would've been.

Parma Dewol

Love his in-the-box movement.
Oh boy have we missed that. Can’t wait to see a genuine tap-in merchant. Really do believe his movement in the box is going to change our entire dynamic. There’s going to be someone actually in the box for starters.

Looking forward to seeing the puzzled expression on Antony’s face when he looks up to see someone darting to the goal line in anticipation of the ball.

Baxquux

Cavani vibes.
Even his body shape and the way he celebrates.
I think Cavani is the best comparison, from what I've seen, out of all the ones provided (RVN, Haaland, Kane, (slightly more disparagingly) Nunez etc) in terms of style...

Dread Devil

the more videos I watch, the more I am impressed by his movement in the box, he manages to score in very tight situations and opens his body really well to make the right touch on crosses.

I can’t wait to see him play, I expect he will be introduced gradually but it could be a game changer for us. He will make the difference in tightly packed penalty boxes.

He seems to have the determination and instinct to make sure the ball goes in..

Reactions: Penna

Shimo

asdf this
Good to see a striker running to the near post for a change, I like that about him a lot.
Find it so weird that for quite a few years, how averse our players are to making the near post run. Hopefully he will continue to do that and really more so just be one of those players that wants to get into the 6 yard box for the poachers goal rather than hanging back for the cut backs.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Good to see a striker running to the near post for a change, I like that about him a lot.
Yup he gets into that space between the central defenders and the keepers and he’s determined to get a touch on it by any means necessary. With his strength size and speed that is a formidable weapon. He presses too, I can see him gobbling up parried shots from Rashford Bruno and Antony. I really can’t wait to see him get started and see how we plan to play to his skillset. Hopefully quite a bit more direct and purposefully than with Wout.

RuudTom83

It’s interesting he is 20 years old and still a fan of United! Considering the last 10 years haha the poor lad has watched some utter shite growing up.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots

Very good summary video .for those of us not that familiar with him , looks a good prospect and good to see his work rate is very impressive and hold up play is of a good quality, a bit worrying that he is so poor in the air for knock downs etc. Not sure that will improve much.
The only player it will really affect is Onana who does love a target man to win his long balls but generally we are a side who plays along the floor in final third. Most excited about his dribbling and hold up play, I think that he's very astute technically for such an inexperienced CF although his killer passing will have people tearing their hair out to begin with. I don't think we have had a 9 as mobile as this since Saha, or as powerful since Mark Hughes - so this will be a very different type of forward for United fans to get used to as well as the squad.

crossy1686

career ending
If he bombs his resale value is 0, if he's a success his resale value is 0. People really need to drop this line, it doesn't mean anything to a team like United.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
If he bombs his resale value is 0, if he's a success his resale value is 0. People really need to drop this line, it doesn't mean anything to a team like United.
Yeah it feels like people are agnostic of our reputation when it comes to selling. If he flops, we will barely get 15 million for him.

Dannn411

Hopefully he makes at least one of Lens or Bilbao and then Wolves. We need to throw him straight into it. No messing about with "bedding in". Best way to bed in is to play.

Halftrack

What's the keyboard shortcut for the o in his surname. My phone seems reluctant to do anything outside of the King's English. Which means I can't even text my own fecking name properly. But this seems more important
The official alternative to Ø is OE. You're also allowed to use an umlaut, I think. So Hoejlund or Höjlund will do.

Devil You Know

FAO: scandinavians

Is Hojlund just the danish spelling of Haaland?

It's so similar. And I know danish people speak like they have their fist in their mouths, so could it just be down to a difference in pronunciation?

Chip

It's so similar. And I know danish people speak like they have their fist in their mouths, so could it just be down to a difference in pronunciation?
No.

bosskeano

wasn't trying to stir up trouble or issues...just think those three together would have been a brilliant attakcing group plus we aren't allowed yet to really discuss

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
The only player it will really affect is Onana who does love a target man to win his long balls but generally we are a side who plays along the floor in final third. Most excited about his dribbling and hold up play, I think that he's very astute technically for such an inexperienced CF although his killer passing will have people tearing their hair out to begin with. I don't think we have had a 9 as mobile as this since Saha, or as powerful since Mark Hughes - so this will be a very different type of forward for United fans to get used to as well as the squad.
Zlatan, Tevez and Rooney were plenty powerful surely.

Halftrack

No. 'Hå' comes from norse 'hár', which means 'hay'. Land can refer to a country, but also to land in general. So Håland (or Haaland) probably best translates as 'hay-land', or 'hayfield'.

'Høj' can mean high/tall, or hill. 'Lund' means grove. So Højlund translates to 'hill-grove'.

Status
Not open for further replies.