Rasmus Højlund | Signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alemar

But seriously, to lose even one hour of training time with the squad for “announcement activities” is a bit stupid. There are 10 days left till the season starts, every training session is valuable, especially when it’s for a new player who is subject to be starting

Crimson King

But seriously, to lose even one hour of training time with the squad for “announcement activities” is a bit stupid. There are 10 days left till the season starts, every training session is valuable, especially when it’s for a new player who is subject to be starting
If the medical is done and the contracts are signed then he can train. Doesn't matter when they do all the media stuff.

philippexyz

It looks like he won't play in the last preseason games because the signing(and announcement) is delayed for some ridiculous reasons. That means that he likely won't start as a striker for a significant time.

Alemar

If the medical is done and the contracts are signed then he can train. Doesn't matter when they do all the media stuff.
Well, if so we just need training photos. If he trains with the squad, then announcement can wait

RedCurry

It's a disaster when, if there's no problem with the medical, he cannot be training today/tomorrow and play on the weekend, why the hold up? Delayed announcement by 3 days is stupid
Or maybe the manager feels that he needs to allow a young CF a week in the city to settle down before a long season ahead? I’m grand scheme of things, missing one pre-season game is hardly a big deal.

Crimson King

Well, if so we just need training photos. If he trains with the squad, then announcement can wait
I imagine they'll keep those under lock and key until after he's officially announced, if indeed he does train. He might have to head back to Italy for a couple of days to sort out his affairs, which might be another reason for the announcement delay.

He's been traveling a lot, flew here for the Bournemouth friendly, flew back to Italy then had to come back a few days later for his medical. If he does need to go back to Italy that's another round trip.

Oranges038

Or maybe the manager feels that he needs to allow a young CF a week in the city to settle down before a long season ahead? I’m grand scheme of things, missing one pre-season game is hardly a big deal.
It's huge, it could be the end of his career before It's even started. How are the rest of the team supposed to get used to playing with him if he doesn't play or train within hours of signing?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yeah I call bullshit. He arrived yesterday. He's not gonna be sitting on his ass for 3 days. He'll be training with the group tomorrow and Friday even if it's not announced, which there's no reason he wouldn't be.

saik

I posted this in the tweets thread, but I'm pretty confident that they'll introduce/announce him at OT before our friendly starts. Kinda like how Varane was introduced if I'm not wrong. Everything is about PR my dudes.

Someone

Something
A bit weird that both him and Onana needed to announce their transfers before the club. I miss the days when all the player needed to do was hold the shirt, we used to even announce it subject to medical. Was really hoping he'd be involved in our next game.

bosnian_red

He probably can’t from a legal standpoint, if the deal is not closed. Only if private training sessions somewhere
An announcement delay doesn't he wouldn't be training or wouldn't have signed his contract. If there's media reasons why they are delaying, whatever, but it's not like clubs announce the second his contract is signed

Alemar

An announcement delay doesn't he wouldn't be training or wouldn't have signed his contract. If there's media reasons why they are delaying, whatever, but it's not like clubs announce the second his contract is signed
No one is reporting that the deal is formally closed / contracts signed, that’s the issue.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
It's a disaster when, if there's no problem with the medical, he cannot be training today/tomorrow and play on the weekend, why the hold up? Delayed announcement by 3 days is stupid
Please calm down. There is nothing really unusual about this signing.

bosnian_red

No one is reporting that the deal is formally closed / contracts signed, that’s the issue.
Is it an issue? Medicals take a while. If it's not finished today it'll probably be finished tomorrow. Nobody knows if he actually started a medical yesterday, entirely speculative reporting and people making assumptions. Maybe today is the medical and tomorrow is media duties, contract signing, meeting everyone and he joins up with the group on Friday. Needs to find a place to live too. There's literally no need to rush. It's the biggest day of this 20 year olds life, if it takes a few days of pre season to do everything properly, it's hardly a big deal.

Turnbl

Medical must've been concerned with lack of head. You can understand the need to be cautious.

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
I've always said you would see the best of Antony if he gets an Haller type striker next to him. I guess this means that in a few months you will see if I have some knowledge of the game or that I am just another muppet.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
He's probably not gonna score a hat trick in the first 20 minutes of the first game of the season now, because of this. And for a 20 year old, moving to a big team in a new league, unless he kicks on quickly he'll be doomed. I can see this being the moment we look back on and say "that's when it was obvious he wasn't gonna work out here!"

Joke of a club.

Natener

Isn’t that what they do? A military band with the drum roll as he pens his signature, the trumpets and cymbals going off, fireworks and a laser show projecting “Welcome to United Ramus” in the sky and finally the social media team presses the tweet button. I bet the real holdup is due to the military band not being available.

dweb

Any chance he's already on a plane and will do all the publicity shit in the US?

Adamsk7

Poor lad must be annoying sitting there in the hotel.
He’s been watching
He’s been waiting…..

prateik

So he misses both friendlies? Or does he train and plays the game the next day?

Chip

Unted confirm: Højlund will be presented this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.