Ravel Morrison | Sold to West Ham

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
The photoshop opportunities are virtually endless.

What's that Jamie? No, not literally endless, VIRTUALLY endless. Now go in your corner again.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I think west ham have to. His agents a disgrace btw. He's trying to make a name for himself and quite content not helping Morrison grow up. I think west ham have to say to him in no uncertain terms, you ain't playing until you delete your twitter account and show you want to play week in week out.

forevrared

No, I think that "faggot" has not been accepted by polite society in the way that "fag", "queer", "bender" and "sausage jockey" have. "Faggot" still retains a hateful edge in my view.
I just picked a random post to quote, but a gay man who was a college professor comes into the restaurant I manage and told a story the other day where a 'gangsta' black guy asked him during a lecture how to spell 'faggot' after he found out the guy was gay. His response: "With two G's. Just like nigger."

I'd guess that says a bit about how gay people feel about that word!

Dave89

Yip, it just sounds like such an aggressive word. That was an excellent riposte by the lecturer.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
No, I think that "faggot" has not been accepted by polite society in the way that "fag", "queer", "bender" and "sausage jockey" have. "Faggot" still retains a hateful edge in my view.
Polite society have accepted fag, bender and sausage jockey? LOL. I don't quite know what to say to that, except, what the feck is 'polite society?'

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
Well "fag-hag" seems to be accepted?
I wonder if Ravel had threatened to cave in a 'fag hag' 'queer' or 'sausage jockey,' then he would not have been charged, somehow I think that he still would have been. On theme with recent events I think has to be considered in context.

That said, I do think that 'faggot' is, in all contexts, an offensive word. The very cadence of the word with the first syllable ending on a g and the second starting with a g allows it to be delivered with real aggression.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Anyone else just not give a shit any more? West Ham's problem nothing to do with us despite what the papers will still try to get you to believe.

The Neviller

I don't see what the problem is, he called the guy a tasty welsh offal based baked meaty treat. It's just like calling someone a sausage (without the addition of a jockey).