Ravel Morrison | Sold to West Ham

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Well, I wouldn't say never, but yeah they've all been very involving centrally in the last half-decade. Morrisson more so, but then that's just because he's more comfortable there than any of them, and because he was up against a team from League Two losing 3-0...hard to believe people would criticise him for that.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Most impressive thing about Ravel today was his composure. We know he has silky skills etc but whether that can be translated onto the Big Show was the question.

Pogba looked nervy in his first match a few weeks back but Ravel didnt look out of place at all last night.
It's not a composure competition :angel: Leeds would be a more aggressive environment in all probability. There's lots more to come from a number of players. Just hope we get a good draw next round.

Wan

Isn't that usually a hint of a positioning problem? And doing something like that against a better team would of put a lot of needless pressure on the defense.

There's good arrogance and bad arrogance. Running about with his head up his arse, demanding things from older, more respected players does well for us fans, but won't be tolerated by Fergie and the first team.
And yet we hear from these senior players/managers/pundits/and what nots saying it's good to see players demanding the ball all the time. Oh he shouldn't be doing that. He should play like this and that.. blah blah. Modern fans.. or maybe it was like this as well back in the day. Mental.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
If a kid can do well for 20 minutes against such strong opposition then he's surely a star. Especially when they are already 3-0 down.

Lets not get too much carried away.

Varun

Staff
If a kid can do well for 20 minutes against such strong opposition then he's surely a star. Especially when they are already 3-0 down.

huh? you dont really think the expectations from morrison are just because of his 20min cameo yesterday, do you?

Bilbo

TeaBaggins

Whats wrong with getting carried away? Seeing young potential coming through is about the purest thing about football these days.

devilish

Whats wrong with getting carried away? Seeing young potential coming through is about the purest thing about football these days.
It was a meanless game against a weak opposition who was already nailed down with 3 goals. Lets keep things into perspective and not add pressure on the kid

RedRover

It's a gamble. Buy a top midfielder and you almost guarantee quality for a few years. You give youth a chance and you take a risk on them not making it, but you continue a legacy.

I know which I'd rather with the players we have on the books.
All depends what you want - the fact is regardless of how good young players are against third division opposition they couldn't mix it in the PL. If the Manager thought they were ready they'd be in.

In my view the club can't afford to rely wholly on youth players - you simply risk getting left behind. Look at Arsenal.

Hopefully they become stars but its never guaranteed and to suggest we don't need to invest in midfield based on a few Carling Cup performances is madness.

devilish

All depends what you want - the fact is regardless of how good young players are against third division opposition they couldn't mix it in the PL. If the Manager thought they were ready they'd be in.

In my view the club can't afford to rely wholly on youth players - you simply risk getting left behind. Look at Arsenal.

Hopefully they become stars but its never guaranteed and to suggest we don't need to invest in midfield based on a few Carling Cup performances is madness.
To be honest, considering how our first teamer CM keeps forgetting the basics week in week out (passing the ball to opposition in a regular rate etc), then maybe giving these kids a try is not a bad decision at all.

BaldwinLegend

It was a meanless game against a weak opposition who was already nailed down with 3 goals. Lets keep things into perspective and not add pressure on the kid
The Carling Cup isn't meaningless - there were far bigger names than Morrison out there last night giving it their all - and it still takes a lot of talent to shine like that, even in those circumstances.

Nothing wrong with United fans enjoying seeing youth talent dazzling, especially given the week they've had.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Nobody here is getting excited due to his performance against Aldershot, people(unlike you who apparently knows everything about European players but doesn't know a single thing about our academy players) have seen him play for academy and reserves and he has always been a special talent.

devilish

Nobody here is getting excited due to his performance against Aldershot, people(unlike you who apparently knows everything about European players but doesn't know a single thing about our academy players) have seen him play for academy and reserves and he has always been a special talent.
Actually I only follow 2 leagues closely, as I got a life. Wow 11k posts in 3 yrs. Well done;)

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I missed the game last night but I just watched the highlights of his performance. He looked good. One thing I loved is the way he runs full pelt at the defence, it kind of reminded me of Messi. Of course not in ability, just that running at them with no fear, and he looks like he knows he won't lose the ball.

Devilton

Anderson better watch out. This lad looks good enough to replace him in the squad and will be gunning for that slot in a year or so.

RedRover

To be honest, considering how our first teamer CM keeps forgetting the basics week in week out (passing the ball to opposition in a regular rate etc), then maybe giving these kids a try is not a bad decision at all.
Maybe - but the difference in standard is huge. Expose this kids to first team football too early and their confidence could be shot to bits.

There is an argument for "sink or swim" I suppose.

Varun

Staff
Actually I only follow 2 leagues closely, as I got a life. Wow 11k posts in 3 yrs. Well done;)
:lol:

Am sorry i sound pedantic here but elementary maths should tell you that your posts per day would differ by roughly 2 posts. Unless you really believe a couple of posts less is a sign of you having a life and him not having one, i say you're talking bollox again. :p

devilish

Maybe - but the difference in standard is huge. Expose this kids to first team football too early and their confidence could be shot to bits.

There is an argument for "sink or swim" I suppose.
It didn't damaged Owen/Giggs/Fabregas too much isn't it? I am not saying that we should play them week in week out but only to give them a try. They may surprise us

devilish

:lol:

Am sorry i sound pedantic here but elementary maths should tell you that your posts per day would differ by roughly 2 posts. Unless you really believe a couple of posts less is a sign of you having a life and him not having one, i say you're talking bollox again. :p
I believe that the only guy not talking bollox in this forum is Rowem. We're all shite in discussing football in here.

tintedsepia

No I doubt he'd do the same if it was 0-0 and we weren't playing Aldershot, also let's not forget he may well have been instructed by SAF to roam. We need someone with a bit of cockiness about them, someone of the Cantona, Ronaldo ilk and I think Morrison could be a cut from the same cloth.

Interesting that he said Ronaldinho was his favourite player on twitter as this was very Ronaldinho-esque (it's not really interesting I just wanted an excuse to post this GIF :drool:):

Been looking for this on Youtube for ages. Couldn't ind it anywhere as the original TV Station had it removed. Thanks

Talking Vulture

He's shit, move on.
If he can sort out his attitude and cut out all the gangsta bollocks, he will be a terrific player.

Got high hopes for this kid, I just hope he grows up now he's had a taste of the 1st team

Baby Faced Assassin

Pastor of Muppets
How many successful passes did he make last night. I was just watching the game on Sky+ and I don't think he misplaced a single pass.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I thought he was a class or two above anyone else who had been on the pitch all night, to be honest, and it's not like everyone else was awful...but then that's nearly always the case with Ravel at reserve and youth level too.

Hopefully we don't have to keep holding him back for too much longer.

BaldwinLegend

I wonder if Ravel will buck the current trend and break into the team without being loaned out for a season somewhere? I can see it happening, which is rare nowadays - he looks close to being ready for at least the odd bit of first team action, and I doubt SAF wants him out of his sight that long...

After all this waiting, I'd hate to see him go and spend a season at Watford or somewhere...

Aint gota Kalou

I wonder if Ravel will buck the current trend and break into the team without being loaned out for a season somewhere? I can see it happening, which is rare nowadays - he looks close to being ready for at least the odd bit of first team action, and I doubt SAF wants him out of his sight that long...

After all this waiting, I'd hate to see him go and spend a season at Watford or somewhere...
Yep, I doubt he will go on loan, it's simply not worth the risk when there's every chance he won't need a loan to really develop him how we want.

Tribec

I'm not trying to put the fire out on the praise Ravel thread as such. However, something that no one seems to have mentioned is that when he came on, and started on the left, he was replacing the very invisible Diouf. We could have ordered a time machine and brought Ralph Milne or Arthur Graham in there United primes on, and they'd have looked two or three times better than Diouf, and thus would have stood out.

The fact that Ravel went looking for the ball like he did, should perhaps suggest that we didn't play down the left at all yesterday. Think during the game, how many times did we attack down the left?

Now then when he came on, Ravel did enough to excite and show us what sort of potential he's got, and it may well be enough to perhaps get him included in another first team spot soon. However, let's not get too carried away yet, he's got to show he can perform against better opposition, and then do so from the start of a match rather than as a sub, coming on against tired legs. We know he should do it, we know he probably can do it sooner rather than later, but till he does it, give him some space.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
I missed the game last night but I just watched the highlights of his performance. He looked good. One thing I loved is the way he runs full pelt at the defence, it kind of reminded me of Messi. Of course not in ability, just that running at them with no fear, and he looks like he knows he won't lose the ball.
Attacking the space eh Sol? :D

He's some difference to this lad thats for sure:

:lol: Foooking brutal :lol:

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
I'm not trying to put the fire out on the praise Ravel thread as such. However, something that no one seems to have mentioned is that when he came on, and started on the left, he was replacing the very invisible Diouf. We could have ordered a time machine and brought Ralph Milne or Arthur Graham in there United primes on, and they'd have looked two or three times better than Diouf, and thus would have stood out.

The fact that Ravel went looking for the ball like he did, should perhaps suggest that we didn't play down the left at all yesterday. Think during the game, how many times did we attack down the left?

Now then when he came on, Ravel did enough to excite and show us what sort of potential he's got, and it may well be enough to perhaps get him included in another first team spot soon. However, let's not get too carried away yet, he's got to show he can perform against better opposition, and then do so from the start of a match rather than as a sub, coming on against tired legs. We know he should do it, we know he probably can do it sooner rather than later, but till he does it, give him some space.
...to attack :D

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
We've already seen our incredibly young defenders in action (back five with an average age of under 21 for a few matches)... now it's time to get excited about the front 6 as well:

--------De Gea----------
----Smalling--Evans------
Jones---------------Fabio
-------------------------
---Pogba----Cleverley---
-------Morrison----------
Nani-------------Welbeck
-----Hernandez---

Average age of XI: 20
Thats an exciting prospect man :cool:

Jaap

Obvious talent there, no doubt about that. Let's not go over the top with this though and give the lad some time, eh? There's only a few things more exciting in football than a youngster coming through.

Hopefully, we will see Morr of him in the near future.

Scrumpet

There are no words
Obvious talent there, no doubt about that. Let's not go over the top with this though and give the lad some time, eh? There's only a few things more exciting in football than a youngster coming through.

Hopefully, we will see Morr of him in the near future.
Indeed, he could be a ravelation.

MacMUFC

I dont think he'll be loaned due because of his off-field antics tbh. The coaching staff will want to keep an eye on him.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
The lads the best natural English talent I've ever seen. But his off the pitch antics are a massive worry, if he doesn't sort that out he'll never make it anywhere. I just hope he behaves himself because he could become one of the very best.
If it wasn't for his talent I'm sure he would have been kicked out of the club long ago.

RedRover

It didn't damaged Owen/Giggs/Fabregas too much isn't it? I am not saying that we should play them week in week out but only to give them a try. They may surprise us
The three above are arguably (and in the case of Giggs certainly) some of the best players of their generation. There are hundreds of player who have been thrown in and sunk and end up drifting down the leagues, or at best being average PL players.

Clearly Fergie knows how to handle young players and at the moment he obviously thinks they're not ready.

Devilton

Owen / Giggs / Fabregas didn't have sketchy friends who might influence the lad to do something silly if he's suddenly cast into the national / international spotlight too soon. (I'm guessing anyway...)