RAWK goes into Meltdown 19/20 Edition

WireMUFC

Lot of talk on twitter about the tackle on that young lad. Somebody has posted a comparison of their attitude towards that and kuyt attacking phil Neville years ago.
One guy claims kuyt was an attempted block and never touched him
Another has gone full victim and started bleating about how everybody wanted them to fail last year and we're all against them, ending with the whole 6 trophy emojis etc.
It's actually quite frightening to see level of delusion within that lot.
I'd post the tweet but I'm not able to embed stuff.
Its odd isn’t it they despise every team in the country but weirdly want support from other clubs fans.

I love the fact that united are hated by everyone why would I want them to love us? gives me a sense of pride as a United fan that we’re so hated.

romufc

I hope I don’t jinx the coming season, but I don’t think this Liverpool team is actually that good. On paper they aren’t a great side at least.

Klopp and his tactics have them playing out of their skin but I don’t think the majority of their team individually are anything special.

They have had 2 golden seasons, but I think that they have just been in great form along with minimal injuries to key players and a lot of luck with no VAR being in place.

I absolutely got murdered for saying this exact thing. Granted they have a great defence and Fabinho but then other than that, I dont think it is all that?

vkd

Supports
liverpool
I absolutely got murdered for saying this exact thing. Granted they have a great defence and Fabinho but then other than that, I dont think it is all that?
Are you trolling? I mean this is our best side ever.

JamesO

Supports
Liverpool
Are you trolling? I mean this is our best side ever.
In terms of points yes, in every other term of measurement then no. It's a very, very good side, but best side ever is gonna take some doing. Would need 1 or 2 titles and maybe another Champions league to enter the conversation for me.

Gotta remember that points aren't everything cos of the different eras compared to the great teams of the past. 20 years ago for example, United's treble team won the league with 79 points, a total that will rarely even get close these days.

Back then the greats knew that they could afford to take it easy at some points during the season knowing that the real title run in didn't start until after the new year, and many of them would start the season slowly. These days a slow start and you're pretty much out of it within the first month!

Put the great teams and managers in this era and they'd adapt and would get the higher points totals themselves that we see teams getting to win or challenge for the league.

clarkydaz

What? City had an absolutely insane run of wins in the second half of the season. Liverpool drew a bunch of times and got ridiculously lucky in a few games, they really shouldn't have won the amount of points they did.
I was being sarcastic :lol:. that's all you heard in the media when city won it

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
lord knows how many points you scammed last year, kiss that goodbye. We're all watching Salah's sportsmanship very closely now
You’re watching closely? Terrifying. So you weren’t watching closely last year or are you part of Var management. We just went through the biggest tournament in the world with Var and came out with another trophy. Not worried

montpelier

A brief look suggests that they are mainly against VAR. But quite sensibly in the most part, tbf.

But as we're not fair, :D.

We suffer disproportionately from inaccurate calls. Let's have VAR until it starts costing us. Then we can get rid.
We suffered massively from poor calls in the 2017/18 PL campaign they no doubt cost us a couple of places. For me it really put paid to the idea that the table never lies because I don't for a second believe United or Spurs were better than us in the PL that year.

Last season we got 97 pts but there were still a few key ref calls that went against us. The potential red on Kompany away to City, Mane had a goal wrongly disallowed in first half away to Arsenal and the potential red on Magiure at home to Leicester and the stonewall penalty on Nabby at 1-1 in the same game.

We didnt drop points in many games last year those were big moments in some games where we did with VAR in use in these games we would certainly pick more points from them.
#2 later mentions 1 thing they were possibly lucky with... but it's a struggle for him to remember anything.

big rons sovereign

You’re watching closely? Terrifying. So you weren’t watching closely last year or are you part of Var management. We just went through the biggest tournament in the world with Var and came out with another trophy. Not worried
Which wasn't used in order to hand yous a ridiculous penalty and the kill the final inside 5 minutes.

Irrational.

I hope this season will provide a bit more entertainment compared to the gut wrenching experience of last season.

They won't be as lucky with ref calls, pens and keepers throwing the balls into their own nets. Or maybe they will.

Denis79

I hope this season will provide a bit more entertainment compared to the gut wrenching experience of last season.

They won't be as lucky with ref calls, pens and keepers throwing the balls into their own nets. Or maybe they will.
Don't wish injuries on anybody but they must have been quite lucky with injuries last season? Felt like they fielded the same team every game.

montpelier

Cheaty Mo is going to get about 35 penalties. And possibly some away from home too.

UDontMessWith24

I've watched them a bit in pre-season and they look toothless without Ferminho/Mane/Sala. They've been beaten twice so far. Apart from Brewster, I don't think much of their academy either.
Really they look toothless without their top three scorers?

Irrational.

Don't wish injuries on anybody but they must have been quite lucky with injuries last season? Felt like they fielded the same team every game.
The spine of their team pretty much played every game. It will be interesting to see if they revert to type if VVD is out for a few games.

Matst1

Yes, if one of them or worse, more gets injured they don’t have replacements. Man City have a whole team of goal scorers if their strikers go on a drought.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Yeah so toothless we've scored 13 goals in 4 games without them in pre season so far, but then he'll say most were against Tranmere and Bradford! people read so much into these friendlies, it's literally 10/11 changes at half time every game.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Yes, if one of them or worse, more gets injured they don’t have replacements. Man City have a whole team of goal scorers if their strikers go on a drought.
Your big brothers - Man City of course are the huge favorites in the upcoming title race. They have already cemented themselves as the best team in PL history and do not look like slowing down any time soon. Too much depth for any other team. I just hope LFC can hang with them for a bit.

Matst1

Your big brothers - Man City of course are the huge favorites in the upcoming title race. They have already cemented themselves as the best team in PL history and do not look like slowing down any time soon. Too much depth for any other team. I just hope LFC can hang with them for a bit.
They still are our Little brother and they are arguably the best team in PL history. They will overtake us as “Big Brother” once they reach 21 titles while we continue to win nothing. Back on topic, Liverpool’s squad is threadbare and will struggle if their 3 best players get injured. Very lucky last season in that regard, can’t see them being so lucky this season.

Reactions: Penna

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
What liverpool lack in depth they can and will match city with sheer skill. Its going to be city's title to lose. The VAR affects everyone more or less. The more time you spend the Dbox the more it will be beneficial for the attacking team. So city will benefits the most with the relentless attacking.
That being said all bubble bursts somewhere. Hope it begins January for liverpool.

WireMUFC

You really are deluded you lot aren’t you, spoke to a lot of scousers, you lot live in an alternate reality. It makes me laugh trying to figure out the scouse thought process. It just might be that you’re all as thick as pig shit. :lol:

Last edited:

ExecutionerWasp001

You should be very worried with the introduction of VAR. There are less games in the CL so it's not truly indicative of how it could affect you. You will soon see when things go badly for you this season compared to last (if VAR is used correctly)

Matst1

You really are deluded you lot aren’t you, spoke to a lot of scousers, you lot live in an alternate reality. It makes me laugh trying to figure out the scouse thought process. It just might be that you’re all as thick as pig shit. :lol:
This made me laugh as he’s a Liverpool fan on Man United forum and in a thread that’s made to make fun of his team. It’s a bit small time..

Swarlos

Supports
Lyn FK, Liverpool
You could easily make an argument for City being the best team in PL history.

Last edited:

WireMUFC

You could easily make an argument for City being the best team in PL history.
Yeah if you’re a scouser and you want to justify losing the league by a point. It doesn’t hurt so much if you tell yourself you lost to the best team ever does it?

He said City have cemented their place as the best team ever. cemented isn't just making an argument is it? It’s stating it as fact.

Make an argument all you want doesn’t make you right and certainly doesn’t cement it as fact. People have short memories..

Manchester United 1998-2001: 3 league titles in a row and a treble

Manchester United 2006-2009: 3 league titles in a row, 2 CL finals in a row winning 1 of them to win the double. 2 league cups. A club World Cup.

Don’t come back with “we’re talking only about the prem” that’s bollocks. The extra games make a huge difference to your league form. The fact is city are no way near those 2 sides, you can’t argue with the accomplishments of those United sides.

Reactions: VeevaVee