RAWK Goes Into Meltdown 20-18/19 Edition

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Ah right. Seeding or what?
Basically FA cup winner/5th placed team go to group stage and league cup winner go to 2nd qualifying round. If league cup winner finishes in top 5, that position goes to 6th placed team which is what will happen this year. If FA cup winner too is part of top 5, 5th and 6th get group stage, 7th goes to 2nd qualifying round (which is what happened to Burnley).

It can have couple other possibilities if team finishing 5th wins Europa. I guess in that case, both 6th/Fa cup winner(or 7th) goes to group stage, not sure.

So we may have to play Europa qualifying rounds but quite a few other things need to happen for that.

montpelier

Utd Fan on RAWK
Point is, we didn’t roll over for City.
Has sent this one close to the edge I think - (not saying he doesn't have a point, mind)
Well done, jolly well done. Maybe United can ask the FA to get some special medals for bravery minted for them seeing as they were so ruddy brave and didn’t “roll over”.

The club with a self proclaimed “never say die” attitude, who always prided themselves on keeping going to the very last kick despite the odds, wanting credit for not rolling over for their local rivals. Well done indeed.

“They didn’t roll over” is the kind of credit Alan Shearer gives league two teams when they were 3-0 down at half time playing away to a Premier League team in the 3rd round of the FA Cup, now it’s being applied to the “biggest club in the world” in a game against Manchester City.

It’s wonderful.

montpelier

They’ve not just fallen from the perch, they’ve somersaulted backwards right off it, fallen 25 floors and landed in a swimming pool full of rancid shit.
If he had any sense he'd resign.
And they've called us deluded & living off of past glories, :houllier:.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Not RAWK but plenty of arrogance and a side dish of delusion on show:

It was so weird supporting Man Utd for a match and a genuine insight into what it feels like to support that rabble.

Whereas i'm used to Andy Robertson bombing up and down from left back and being reliable and trustworthy, there was chunky Luke Shaw passing balls out of play and huffing and puffing down that left hand side.

Whereas i'm used to Virgil Van Dijk laughing at strikers and sauntering around because he owns the penalty area, there was Chris Smalling with a pineapple haircut on his head, literally tripping himself over at times.

Whereas i'm used to Gini Wijnaldum and Jordan Henderson roaming in front of the back four, there was Fred and Paul Pogba passsing the ball to opposition players and waving arms.

Whereas i'm used to seeing Sadio Mane, Mo Salah and Bobby Firmino up front interacting with vitality and goals, they have Marcus Rashford up front who thinks he's good at free kicks.

Liverpool and Man City look like being the main story over the next few years.
After the hilarity about their bitterness wears off and you delve a little further into posts like this above, I cannot believe anyone - anywhere - would want these pricks winning a title.

Buchan

If City win it , its down to opining up more points than us in the head to head games ,

We where very unlucky at there place the ball was what 2 cm from going over the line ?

Kompany should have seen red

There winning goal took a nick of Trents studs that changed its direction so it went in off the post,

The 3 points they picked up that day could very well be the difference ,
The lack of self-awareness here is startling. Nothing about the totally undeserved ~10 points you lot have due to offside goals, goalkeeper howlers and general good fortune, no?

Thunderhead

Supports
City
The lack of self-awareness here is startling. Nothing about the totally undeserved ~10 points you lot have due to offside goals, goalkeeper howlers and general good fortune, no?
I think if Liverpool had won or drawn that then you'd be looking at another invincible's season and possibly 100+ points team. Most teams require a bit of luck through the season and I can see why they will point to that game if they don't win the league, it was a chance *IIR* to go 10 points clear or keep it at 7, instead it went down to 4 and they struggled for the rest of that month

Buchan

All from the same deluded post:

Oh how the mighty have fallen. That United team are absolutely brutal. The dead cat bounce got Ole the job, after that they reverted to type.

I'm glad we don't have to listen to them going on about how they might have helped us win the league. I'd have settled for a draw of course, but never wanted them to win it.
:lol:

You stinking liar!

It's up to ourselves now, keep the pressure up and leave City deal with it. It's been a magnificent season. No one remembers 2nd, as my Everton supporting mate and other team fans like to remind me. But I believe this season will be the one I look back at and think this is where it all started!
Just like in 2008/09. And 2013/14. And 2017/18.

:rolleyes:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

After the hilarity about their bitterness wears off and you delve a little further into posts like this above, I cannot believe anyone - anywhere - would want these pricks winning a title.
He ran out of steam at the end with Rashford there and just wrote the first thing he could think of to get it over and done with

ExecutionerWasp001

It's going to be the mother of all meltdowns over there once City have won the league. They're going to lose the league having only been beaten once. It will be extremely difficult to motivate the players for next season. There's not much more they can do.

lsd

The Oracle
It's going to be the mother of all meltdowns over there once City have won the league. They're going to lose the league having only been beaten once. It will be extremely difficult to motivate the players for next season. There's not much more they can do.

Probably on 97 points too

Eric7C

To be fair, what you quoted there seems depressingly accurate :(

ExecutionerWasp001

Other than waiting for Pep to leave to Serie A asap.
I don't think Klopp can go another 2 seasons without winning the league. He also can't afford to try & wait out Pep. The problem they have is by the time Pep leaves in 2 years we should have our shit together. We will have a young hungry squad that doesn't have the battle scars. The only thing that can save them is City being given a transfer ban at the end of the season & then investing heavily themselves.

Verminator

I don't think Klopp can go another 2 seasons without winning the league. He also can't afford to try & wait out Pep. The problem they have is by the time Pep leaves in 2 years we should have our shit together. We will have a young hungry squad that doesn't have the battle scars. The only thing that can save them is City being given a transfer ban at the end of the season & then investing heavily themselves.
If he gets pipped or pepped to the title whilst amassing 90+ points, you surely can't blame Klopp.
They've had an incredible season. I hate to admit that as much as anyone, but have some perspective.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
In my opinion, Klopp will stay at Liverpool for as long as he wants to.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Had a look on their site, and was astounded to see posters talking about how there's "no reason" they won't get 90-97 points next season!
And then talking about how they and City will again be miles ahead of everyone else.

Incredible really.
It's like they honestly don't accept that Pickford, Aldy, The Palace keeper basically throwing games in the last min, or Mahrez missing that pen, or playing us away, with us having streams of injuries MAY, just may have artificially kept their points super high as a one off.
Versus City, who have had Aguero alone out, more than their front 3, and then De Bruyne out for most of the season. Mendy as well, but we'll allow that versus Gomez perhaps.

They're relying on no injuries, the same peak form, no waves of luck, VAR not impacting their pens and offsides, and not much improvement from those below.
That's quite a few things to go their way again!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He already has quite the catalogue of finishing runner up. 3 cup finals lost at Liverpool alone. They can try and paint this as progress, or the first go in many, but you can't be the nearly man forever.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I take issue with the perch thing as well. The perch is having 20 titles the most of any English club. They need 3 titles to knock us off that perch

There'll be something delicious about them losing a title with a record points tally. Marvellous it'll be.

big rons sovereign

The grammar, dear god it's horrendous. I can cope with the odd there, their and they're, but the entire post is riddled with dumbassery.
Add to that the sheer delusional sense of grandeur and you've got everything I've hated about them since I was 6 years old

ExecutionerWasp001

If he gets pipped or pepped to the title whilst amassing 90+ points, you surely can't blame Klopp.
They've had an incredible season. I hate to admit that as much as anyone, but have some perspective.
Klopp has done a fantastic job. It's likely he will take the league to the last day of the season. When you compare the spending of the 2 teams & the fact that he has had to sell his best player to fund his big transfers it's an incredible achievement. The way this season will likely end will be incredibly demoralizing for Klopp & his squad though. It's more likely that they will be further off City next season. Pep won't like how close it's been this season so will spend huge again in the Summer on top of what is already the best squad in the league. Klopp will be lucky to have half of Pep's budget to work with.

Had a look on their site, and was astounded to see posters talking about how there's "no reason" they won't get 90-97 points next season!
And then talking about how they and City will again be miles ahead of everyone else.
They have failed to contend for the title in consecutive seasons for the whole of the PL era. If City keep spending they will likely win the league quite comfortably for the remainder of Pep's tenure. Liverpool are more likely to become part of the also-rans than title challengers.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Klopp has done a fantastic job. It's likely he will take the league to the last day of the season. When you compare the spending of the 2 teams & the fact that he has had to sell his best player to fund his big transfers it's an incredible achievement. The way this season will likely end will be incredibly demoralizing for Klopp & his squad though. It's more likely that they will be further off City next season. Pep won't like how close it's been this season so will spend huge again in the Summer on top of what is already the best squad in the league. Klopp will be lucky to have half of Pep's budget to work with.

They have failed to contend for the title in consecutive seasons for the whole of the PL era. If City keep spending they will likely win the league quite comfortably for the remainder of Pep's tenure. Liverpool are more likely to become part of the also-rans than title challengers.
Let's hope so!
It's the complete disregard to anyone currently below them improving that gets me.
Tottenham didn't spend a penny, Chelsea and Arsenal have managers in their first season, and we've had a right arse of a season, and will go heavily in the summer too.

If nothing else, there's nothing to say they'll either lose just one game again next year, or be so much better than the rest.
They reckon they actually have room for improvement some how!

ExecutionerWasp001

It's the complete disregard to anyone currently below them improving that gets me.
Tottenham didn't spend a penny, Chelsea and Arsenal have managers in their first season, and we've had a right arse of a season, and will go heavily in the summer too.
I see their point in some ways. Little room for improvement from 3 teams. Arsenal won't be spending much money & will be competing for their perennial top 4 trophy. Chelsea are losing their best player & probably hiring a new manager. Spurs have the stadium to pay for so little money to improve a thin squad. We will spend a bit & improve to a comfortable top 4 finish. I think Liverpool will finish runners up next season by a 9 - 12 pt margin.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I see their point in some ways. Little room for improvement from 3 teams. Arsenal won't be spending much money & will be competing for their perennial top 4 trophy. Chelsea are losing their best player & probably hiring a new manager. Spurs have the stadium to pay for so little money to improve a thin squad. We will spend a bit & improve to a comfortable top 4 finish. I think Liverpool will finish runners up next season by a 9 - 12 pt margin.
Teams can rise and drop by a few places. It happens many a season.
We came 2nd last season, and have dropped massively.

City came 4th a few years ago, and were back competing the next season.
It's not as set in stone as some think.

Eric7C

Teams can rise and drop by a few places. It happens many a season.
We came 2nd last season, and have dropped massively.

City came 4th a few years ago, and were back competing the next season.
It's not as set in stone as some think.
City had a manager with a plan, and money and structure to support the manager. United have a manager with a plan perhaps, but how confident are we about the rest?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
City had a manager with a plan, and money and structure to support the manager. United have a manager with a plan perhaps, but how confident are we about the rest?
With our recent seasons, not at all.
It'll be a fun summer though. I get the feeling Ole is very soon going to play the "No more Mr Nice guy act", and start booting a few players out.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
How about you guys bring those discussions to the Liverpool and Klopp threads, and keep this for having fun with RAWK?

@marukomu help

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
From a neutral perspective i think so too. Right now the Premier League feels like La Liga, with 2 outstanding teams dominating the league completely (as expected from Klopp and Guardiola).

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
RAWK said:
Nostalgia seems to have taken control of Man Utd, just like it had control of us for a few years
:lol::lol:

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
RAWK said:
Did I just read right? Pogba won PFA POTY?

Fergie back to his old tricks I see
*facepalms*