RAWK goes into Meltdown 20/21 Edition

Anustart89

Yeah, I see your point.

VAR can't over turn it due to there being contact but I agree it didn't affect the direction of his shot or prevent him from keeping possession, I would say he lost the ball.

You love to see it though.
The shot is a toe-poke because Alisson dives straight towards him. If Barnes leaves his feet of the ground and doesn't jump Alisson might break them. If Alisson doesn't go out Barnes just brings the ball down for an easy 1v1. It's that old discussion as to whether players should need to expose themselves to an injury risk just to get a foul called for them?

I mean, even if there was no contact, Alisson diving straight towards his feet while getting nowhere near the ball impacts his ability to have a proper shot at goal. Barnes is just ensuring that contact is made while not exposing himself to a potential leg breaker (80 kgs of goalkeeper steaming right through the planted legs).

romufc

we actually had fans wanting United to lose (and openly admitting it), because they though my it would speed up the sacking of OGS. Unbelievable.
Yup, there is that crew on youtube that was like that, had Ole out shows after every game. Rants, Saeed and co.

They were creaming all over Klopp, how his system is the best, how if they make 4/5 changes and their system football doesnt change.

How Ole is cluess, no tactics and relies on individual talent.

Whenever we score a worldie, we are lucky relying on individuals for moment of brilliance, when Salah / Mane or even lately Gundogan or Bernado scoring worldies, they say City / pep brilliant.

Agenda.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
The shot is a toe-poke because Alisson dives straight towards him. If Barnes leaves his feet of the ground and doesn't jump Alisson might break them. If Alisson doesn't go out Barnes just brings the ball down for an easy 1v1. It's that old discussion as to whether players should need to expose themselves to an injury risk just to get a foul called for them?

I mean, even if there was no contact, Alisson diving straight towards his feet while getting nowhere near the ball impacts his ability to have a proper shot at goal. Barnes is just ensuring that contact is made while not exposing himself to a potential leg breaker (80 kgs of goalkeeper steaming right through the planted legs).
I’ve been wondering this myself and surprised there hasn’t been more discussion about the penalty. He was taken out after the ball had gone out, but him running out and diving at him is the reason the ball was kicked out.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Almost time to break out the boom bust cycle. The dying embers of a title challenge around Christmas time followed by “next year will be our year“. :drool:

Thanks for the entertainment @No Idea For Nickname. I told you your services would be needed.
It's only six points, the bookies have them well in front of us :D

Edit : This is no longer true. I stand corrected. Still only 6pts though !

Berbasbullet

Yup, there is that crew on youtube that was like that, had Ole out shows after every game. Rants, Saeed and co.

They were creaming all over Klopp, how his system is the best, how if they make 4/5 changes and their system football doesnt change.

How Ole is cluess, no tactics and relies on individual talent.

Whenever we score a worldie, we are lucky relying on individuals for moment of brilliance, when Salah / Mane or even lately Gundogan or Bernado scoring worldies, they say City / pep brilliant.

Agenda.
It’s so frustrating, especially when you can point to examples in the last few games of great football that led to chances. That being the build up to Bruno’s chance v Liverpool (brilliant possession football with Shaw overlapping), and the build up to Cavanis header was some brilliant and quick football.

But you know, attacking patterns or something.

Anustart89

I’ve been wondering this myself and surprised there hasn’t been more discussion about the penalty. He was taken out after the ball had gone out, but him running out and diving at him is the reason the ball was kicked out.
It obviously was. I mean, Barnes isn't Messi, but nobody can say that a PL striker, while uncontested and 10 yards from goal, would rush a toe-poke wide of the goal. It's just like when a player goes on a 1v1 with a keeper that's sliding out and just pokes it wide or out for a goal kick as the goalkeeper goes through him. No sane player would poke the ball wide if 1v1, they just need to make sure that the other player doesn't get it. It's always been a foul and is always going to be a foul. The problem has been that when players have tried to stay on their feet or tried to play honestly, referees have been unable to spot that the player's ability to play the ball properly was illegally impeded.

BFernandes

I think they're so concerned about who's above them they haven't even realized Everton are only 2 points behind and with 2 games in hand :lol:

Berbasbullet

It obviously was. I mean, Barnes isn't Messi, but nobody can say that a PL striker, while uncontested and 10 yards from goal, would rush a toe-poke wide of the goal. It's just like when a player goes on a 1v1 with a keeper that's sliding out and just pokes it wide or out for a goal kick as the goalkeeper goes through him. No sane player would poke the ball wide if 1v1, they just need to make sure that the other player doesn't get it. It's always been a foul and is always going to be a foul. The problem has been that when players have tried to stay on their feet or tried to play honestly, referees have been unable to spot that the player's ability to play the ball properly was illegally impeded.
Yeah that’s fair enough, I do agree.

romufc

It’s so frustrating, especially when you can point to examples in the last few games of great football that led to chances. That being the build up to Bruno’s chance v Liverpool (brilliant possession football with Shaw overlapping), and the build up to Cavanis header was some brilliant and quick football.

But you know, attacking patterns or something.
Yeah, I agree but when you have chosen to be Ole out regardless, nothing that happens will change your mind.

We have had good patterns of play throughout Ole's reign, we have seen the type of football he wants to play. Unfortunately, alot of times the quality hasn't been there to execute it.

The one thing with Ole is, he is not stuck on one style of play, he adapts based on the team. E.g We went to Burnley and played strong tall players so we don't get bullied. If you can stop the opponent playing their game, still have ways of exploiting your strengths, it shows tactics.

Just because he doesnt have the Pep / Klopp / Jose type of 1 tactic only way, doesnt mean he has none.

Berbasbullet

Yeah, I agree but when you have chosen to be Ole out regardless, nothing that happens will change your mind.

We have had good patterns of play throughout Ole's reign, we have seen the type of football he wants to play. Unfortunately, alot of times the quality hasn't been there to execute it.

The one thing with Ole is, he is not stuck on one style of play, he adapts based on the team. E.g We went to Burnley and played strong tall players so we don't get bullied. If you can stop the opponent playing their game, still have ways of exploiting your strengths, it shows tactics.

Just because he doesnt have the Pep / Klopp / Jose type of 1 tactic only way, doesnt mean he has none.
Completely agree, and he’s still relatively early in his career, he will improve.

It’s nice that we have some positivity for a change, loving this season. :D

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Plus Fabinho committing a foul as well while holding Barnes back to buy Allison a second more to come out and maybe get the ball.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
This freak of a season, with no fans, is clearly having a big toll on our manager - he's a people person and loves people.

It's tough to watch him looking so forlorn without the human contact, without the meaning of the game there - but he'll be back, and so will we
This may be the most depressing January there has been in living memory around the world, I would be surprised if Jurgen is immune to this. He'll have elderly relatives and friends back in Germany who matter to him. Things are not normal, football does not exist in a vacuum.
Klopp looked distraught in the post match conference. He is feeling the pain just like all of us are.
He hurts because he cares, and the fact he cares so much will see him and the players turn this around
Anyway, at some point, fans will be back. Some kind of normal life will be back, and the Liverpool we know and love will be back too.
The biggest worry I have is that Jurgen seems to have lost his mojo too. Yes, the players aren't doing great but I think ever since the post-match vs Brighton there's been a change in him. He seems less arsed. He seems to have resigned himself to it all. The grinning and such like after WBA equalised. Things like that. I think it's got a lot to do with there being no crowd. He bounces off that energy more than the players themselves. I don't know, but he hasn't had that same relentless drive and never-say-die attitude. I get the feeling he can't wait for this season to be over and to go again with a full squad and crowds back in stadiums.
said it here before, I think some of it is a family thing rather than a football thing - i.e. he can’t see them now cos of covid and lockdown and travel restrictions, so it doesn’t surprise me if he’s feeling a bit flat about things. And as much as he loves football, they of course come first. Can’t be easy.

Although the smiling thing, that’s something he’s done many a time before
He was absolutely seething today in the first half and has been incredibly annoyed on the touch line during other games as well. That doesn't look like someone who isn't arsed or resigned to what's going on. It's as if they work on certain things in training, carry out his instructions, and then come match day look as though they've never played together and play like a bunch of headless chickens.

Ok then, maybe it's his press/media interviews. Remember the one when he couldn't get over the Crystal f**king Palace result? He doesn't seem arsey and angry enough post games. Like the spark has been taken out of him. I'd expect him to be spitting feathers more than he is.
Like many of us, he’s tired and emotionally drained by the current situation. This much is clear.
But he’s still the best manager in the league, with a squad containing some of the best players in the world. This isn’t an Eddie Howe at Bournemouth situation. He’ll turn it around.
Our Boss is knackered, mentally and physically. We’ve had continuous football for about 2 years, the players didn’t have a pre-season and we know how the season has panned out so far with injuries, players being kicked off the park by lesser teams and refs shitting on us all over the shop.
The memories of Madrid only 18 months ago and the imperious football we played last season counts for nothing if you listen to some people.
But FFS, we’re all disappointed and no one is hurting more than the boss and his team. The snide remarks are not what this club is about. They’ll hurt Klopp more than anything. if we behave just like other supporters
Saw a good post on twitter that trent has gone from Kevin De Bruyne at RB to Kevin Kilbane.
Aye brilliant that, I'd like to see similar slagging off all of our players though
'Andy Robertson has gone from Paolo Maldini at left back to Paolo Nutini'

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
I didn’t clock that, might watch it again.
I didn't see if it was inside or outside the area, but he's clearly impeded him. On another day it might have been enough for Allison to get to the ball first.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Fantastic to see Klopp chasing after Dyche at half time waving his hands about and Dyche not at all affected. I am not a fan of the football Burnley play. But you cannot argue that they are vastly overperforming.
And their manager gets nothing like the credit he deserves for what he is doing there.

No Idea For Nickname

Poor Carra
He's a complete sell out. Properly drunk the Sky coolade. Sits there nodding whilst Neville goes on about how good Man Utd are, then lays into Liverpool.
Down to spitting at those people in the car. Should have been sacked really. Disgusting thing to do and now he has to peddle SKYs agenda to keep his job.
Btw, Found this on Facebook this morning

Judas

Open to offers
Just shows how people on here slagging off Neville are RAWK level fools to be honest. Carragher quite clearly loves Liverpool and is very very much in their corner.

No Idea For Nickname

Last two seasons have been amazing as a Liverpool fan. We ran away with the league title last season so we decided to test ourselves by giving the rest a 6 point head start. We will be back keep the faith everyone. It will be even sweeter this season when we win the league again because we have done so though harder times. The mighty reds will rise again like flames of hope in these hard times. We are LFC. It is all we know.

Judas

Open to offers
Last two seasons have been amazing as a Liverpool fan. We ran away with the league title last season so we decided to test ourselves by giving the rest a 6 point head start.We will be back keep the faith everyone. It will be even sweeter this season when we win the league again because we have done so though harder times. The mighty reds will rise again like flames of hope in these hard times. We are LFC. It is all we know.
Now that is proper 2009 level RAWK stuff, that's the stuff I love.

YAMS49

Just shows how people on here slagging off Neville are RAWK level fools to be honest. Carragher quite clearly loves Liverpool and is very very much in their corner.
Well of course he bloody is. They are just doing their jobs & trying to as impartial as possible. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a complete & utter melt.

iHicksy

Christ. Their delusion knows no bounds. "Klopp is sad he can't see his family who he's worried about back home. Just look at him in interviews, that's why we're shit". It's amazing they have such an insight into someone's psyche. I wonder if they are aware that the rest of the country haven't seen their families in up to a year either, managers included. But then they are scousers, so they've probably been mixing households since lockdown and don't realise it's a thing.

No Idea For Nickname

I'm made up to feck for the "Oleh needs a result" brigade, what a fecking great bunch of lads praying to keep this c*nt in a job
Everyone’s losing their heads here. That ‘great result’ stopped being funny a while ago but at the same time I think many of over rating their chances of winning the title.
These next two are just :eek::mad:
I used to feel a little bit sorry for Solksjaer when United were losing all the time and he was under pressure. Now looking at his pathetic smiling face on a winning run I want to smack him with my cricket bat. Twat
Does your bat have rusty nails in? If so can I have a couple of swings too?
can i just say I hate these bastards and hope they lose every game they ever play and have done since I went my first game in 1970.
thats over 50 years of hate
anyone who wants them to win a game to keep ole in a job should take a serious look at themselves
thankyou
The desire to keep Ole in a job is all based on him being clueless. While he keeps winning games, they won't sack him and actually get in a manager who knows what he is doing. We obviously don't want him to keep on winning, just enough to keep the wolves at bay, but not enough to actually win anything.
I think we will stop laughing at them now.
They have bettered almost all Liverpool's results
I’ll never stop laughing at them. They’re a gang of c*nts. Just because we’re playing shite doesn’t mean we have to suddenly respect them. feck that
Pretty sure I read (on here?) they've taken more points than we have since the first lockdown ended? I think we're underestimating what Ole is doing His going the Fergie route of making sure they beat the poorer teams and then full-on park the bus and then counter-attack a jammy goal against the big teams and see where they are.
I don't care what anyone says. We don't win the title its because we threw it away ourselves. We've turned up nearly every big game even if not firing on all cylinders. It's the poor teams we've not turned up for. We're giving the title away with a squeak and not a fight.
Where did anybody expect them to be?

They've Fergies prodigy in place, It took Fergie what 6 or whatever years to win the league, the might Ole is going to do it within only a couple, surely this means instead of 2 decades of dominance, 4 decades is now on its way!
With the most expensive defender, worlds best ever two midfielders - The boy wonder, Rashford..... they were nailed on weren't they?

#biggestclubintheworld

N.B - If they win the league, i'll eat my fecking hat.